Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Rewatched the game and I agree.

11v11 we were the better team.

10 men turned Liverpool into peak Jose Chelsea with Salah as a target man.

They baited us into giving them chances to counter down our left.

We still had standout performances from individuals BUT

As a team we didn’t create any high % opportunities other than Son’s volley.

That’s because we are really early in the process of this team building and haven’t worked on situations like this through experience yet.
It's also worth pointing out that we are the first team to beat Liverpool when they have had someone sent off a run of 9 games unbeaten with a man sent off!! In their last 16 games where they have had a man sent off (17 if you include Klopp getting a red card) they have lost only ONE of them (a 5-0 pasting by City!).

This season alone they had already had two games where they were reduced to 10 men, and they won them both (Newcastle & Bournemouth)!

Rewatched the game and I agree.

11v11 we were the better team.

10 men turned Liverpool into peak Jose Chelsea with Salah as a target man.

They baited us into giving them chances to counter down our left.

We still had standout performances from individuals BUT

As a team we didn’t create any high % opportunities other than Son’s volley.

That’s because we are really early in the process of this team building and haven’t worked on situations like this through experience yet.
On Saturday we had the goals we scored,the one richy flashed across the box that deki should have been in at the back post for a tap in,madders left footed shot from the edge which ended up being a great save and sonny volley which produced an even better save and a other offside goal from sonny. We should be creating more against 10 or 9 but anyone that’s played against 9 or 10 know that it becomes more difficult as the opposition work harder and you end up making wrong decisions and don’t concentrate on your touch and pass as much as you would normally. It’s strange how it happens so I get how we never created as much as we should have but we won and we found a way and we can’t be negative about winning. We are having the time of our lives supporting this club right now so let’s enjoy it.

I've said it for ages. GPS chip in the heel of the players' boots and another in the ball. Automate everything for an instant result.
I think they looked at this but they couldn't keep the chip stable enough with how hard the ball is kicked i could be wrong though just had a feeling it was mentioned before

Can Mendes have a free hit at an open goal at OT as well while we're at it? Imagine if that had been Liverpool!!?

VAR has already got a little carried away with its own importance... I still think Goal Line technology should be the limit of intervention (see above!)
But anything that still has an element of human error attached to it, is STILL gonna create human error occasionally, as Saturday proved.

Does Salah or Richie get to have another go they miss a shot the first time?
No, course not, cos it's human error... otherwise we may as well just all watch an A I game played by robots!
I generally agree. The offside rule taken to its extreme with VAR with someone's sleeve being 0.1mm further forward than the opponent, isn't really the point of the offside rule. And the trashing of the spontaneous joy of goal celebrations by VAR is a crime against football.

Liverpool were hard done by, but all teams have been in the past and will be in the future. Nketiah should have been off last week, and maybe we then beat Woolwich? Happens in some form or another all the time.

Something from RAWK which is think is a fun little read.
It's the last sentence for me...
He's absolutely right on Ange though.

"If the officials were not corrupt or biased against us, they still had plenty of time to try and rectify the "mistake".

You can't retrospectively award a goal after the game has restarted? Fine. Weird, but fine. What you do instead is you go over to the managers and explain to them what has happened and why you're in the position you're in. You then recommend to Postecoglu that to avoid an absolute shitshow, Tottenham should let Liverpool score the goal they are due.

Hell, Postecoglu might tell him to go and fuck himself, but at least then you've tried to remedy the situation. Liverpool can also then direct their angst towards the unsporting behaviour of the opposition rather than solely on the incompetence of the PGMOL.

What happened instead is that the officials knew they fucked up, did absolutely nothing about it, and then proceeded to continue fucking Liverpool over with each and every decision in the game, completely going against standard human nature. That's why you know there is more at play here."

Something from RAWK which is think is a fun little read.
It's the last sentence for me...
He's absolutely right on Ange though.

"If the officials were not corrupt or biased against us, they still had plenty of time to try and rectify the "mistake".

You can't retrospectively award a goal after the game has restarted? Fine. Weird, but fine. What you do instead is you go over to the managers and explain to them what has happened and why you're in the position you're in. You then recommend to Postecoglu that to avoid an absolute shitshow, Tottenham should let Liverpool score the goal they are due.

Hell, Postecoglu might tell him to go and fuck himself, but at least then you've tried to remedy the situation. Liverpool can also then direct their angst towards the unsporting behaviour of the opposition rather than solely on the incompetence of the PGMOL.

What happened instead is that the officials knew they fucked up, did absolutely nothing about it, and then proceeded to continue fucking Liverpool over with each and every decision in the game, completely going against standard human nature. That's why you know there is more at play here."

They are now also blaming the Saudi Arabian dictatorship...

The comedy episode continues.

Back
Top Bottom