Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Had a look on Twitter or whatever it’s called now and all I can say is Ladies and gents we have broken them and it’s fucking beautiful!
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Don’t understand the number of 7 and below votes in the player ratings thread, especially for the manager.

Win at home, against a fancied title challenger.

Get the win and 3 points. Pressure them into 2 red cards. Second on the table overtaking them.

It wasn’t a backs to the wall counter attack team, it was front foot aggressive football against quality

And you give the manager a 6 or 7 😂

I did. It was our poorest performance of the season that needed a shit load of luck to happen the way it did. From an offside goal to an own goal in the dying seconds.

We were far too slow and childish in our play. Little fucking tika taka passes between eachother against 10 men was stupid. Immature.

That last minute goal doesn't change the performance, just the result. We were a second away from everyone calling the result a joke an an abomination. That's on performance.

Obviously I don't really care now the games over and done with. We won at home to Liverpool. And I was buzzing. But the performance was poor no two ways about it. And those ratings reflect that. They don't all go up one or two just because we happened to get a lucky break.

I think Liverpool know that the game won't get replayed. What they are doing is applying pressure so that the next time it happens, the decision will go their way.
It could backfire.

They will be under massive scrutiny but their ref mate just got stood down and is very likely copping death threats to his family.

They are a cliquey bunch these refs. I'm not sure I'd be poking the bear too much when you can dish out yellows for back chatting quick as you like.

I was tearing my hair out when they had 9 men because our full backs refused to go on the overlap, they didn't need to keep the shape because Liverpool had no counter threat! Low and behold when Porro decides to go round the outside, we score.

I didn't think Liverpool were that impressive defending with 9 men, we were just utterley clueless when we had the ball, everyone knows that the way to beat 10/9 men is to stretch the pitch and all we kept doing is playing in front of them.
Ange should be sacked for not using you as a consultant. How you're not running the club is a mystery

I did. It was our poorest performance of the season that needed a shit load of luck to happen the way it did. From an offside goal to an own goal in the dying seconds.

We were far too slow and childish in our play. Little fucking tika taka passes between eachother against 10 men was stupid. Immature.

That last minute goal doesn't change the performance, just the result. We were a second away from everyone calling the result a joke an an abomination. That's on performance.

Obviously I don't really care now the games over and done with. We won at home to Liverpool. And I was buzzing. But the performance was poor no two ways about it. And those ratings reflect that. They don't all go up one or two just because we happened to get a lucky break.
We matched them and they couldn't bully us so they lost their discipline. Then they parked the bus and we didn't have enough depth on the bench to exploit. 11 vs 11 with no bus parking we would have matched a good Liverpool side, probably still nicking a win with our home advantage.

And I'm allowed to jump in and say laughing at someone because they have a brain of their own and don't only post "Ange is amazing" or "great result, ok result, bad result" is odd. I mean, is nobody allowed to post opinions on player selection or tactics or anything beyond chest thumping as long as Ange is coach? Or did it also apply when the 2x CL winning, multiple league winning coach Jose was here and obviously sometimes made bad choices?

Everyone knows Ange knows more than any of us. It's still nice to have an opinion or two.
So you're all in favour of people posting any old bollocks are you, and damn anyone who points it out? That's the way to get the quality up on here.

We matched them and they couldn't bully us so they lost their discipline. Then they parked the bus and we didn't have enough depth on the bench to exploit. 11 vs 11 with no bus parking we would have matched a good Liverpool side, probably still nicking a win with our home advantage.

We were good at 11 vs 11, I would agree.

As soon as they went down to 10 men though. It's like we didn't know what to do and our performance dropped. Liverpool were actually the better team once they went down to 10 men until the end of the first half, in my opinion.

The second half in general was a mess. Too narrow, too void of ideas, too many needless passes. I can understand playing against 9 men is tough, you don't train for it and it's literally you against a wall but we were predictable.

We move on. We got 3 points and got out of there and to do it in the last minute will do wonders for the teams belief. A real seismic moment I feel.

Why don’t they use AI tech to collate all fouls for reds abd yellow group / categorise them then use that to make the decision? That way there would be consistency as they would have reference point of previous instances and what action was taken. Also where in a past in is ent didn’t get the correct decision amend that in the analysis. AI would speed up the decision process. VAR could quickly check what was dished out before and advise the ref if it should be a red or yellow. If they are gonna use technology might as well start using modern methodologies and technics. How often do you hear everyone say consistency is what they want. Well no better way than dishing out punishment based on previous incident. If a ref sends off a player and similar incident happens again then take sane action.
Fuck me, no - absolutely not.

Ahh, fair enough. My opinion on Kulu is that he gets unfairly maligned. Some of his work in the first half yesterday as an outlet who gets the ball, beats opponents and releases inside was excellent. He doesn't get the credit that he deserves for that by those who criticise him trying to cut inside all the time...which he does to be fair.

Gazzapen Gazzapen apologies, I took your post out of context...I made the incorrect assumption that you were having a go at Postecoglou. I am sure you are great fun at dinner parties.
Yeah, righto

Don’t understand the number of 7 and below votes in the player ratings thread, especially for the manager.

Win at home, against a fancied title challenger.

Get the win and 3 points. Pressure them into 2 red cards. Second on the table overtaking them.

It wasn’t a backs to the wall counter attack team, it was front foot aggressive football against quality

And you give the manager a 6 or 7 😂
Apparently everyone knows how to break down a 9 man defence except him.
The guy is, clearly, a charlatan who needs to be replaced by on an line armchair tactical genius as a matter of immediate need.

Ooh look, here's one!

Dan, Dan - look, it's the Messiah....

And I should know, I've followed a few

Thanks for telling us that you didn’t watch the game

:nunothumb:

They always have half of TS are manure fans.
Ironically, TS has at least three Spurs fans on the network.... Danny Kelly and Paul Hawskbee are most definitely Spurs, even Max Rushdon has a soft spot for us, and of course there's Jamie O'Hara...
But none of them really seem to stand up against the more Obvious Man Utd/Chelsea fans like Goldstein and Jason Cunty.... it's strange!

Unbelievable cringe. I would be embarrassed if we put a statement like that out. What on earth do they realistically want? A retroactive change of the result? LOL
I think they're gonna push for a points award... (or point deduction for us....) Either way, nothing else will suffice it seems!

It could backfire.

They will be under massive scrutiny but their ref mate just got stood down and is very likely copping death threats to his family.

They are a cliquey bunch these refs. I'm not sure I'd be poking the bear too much when you can dish out yellows for back chatting quick as you like.

Yeah I agree with this. Howard Webb doesn’t seem the kind to be pushed around (unless it’s by Man Utd 😉). VDV said to a ref “you’re a fucking joke” right in his face after being sent off. Those kind of things don’t get forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom