Spurs vs Leicester City - Sat 17th Sept 2022 - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6-2 and you won’t shut up
Where did I say 6-2 win was t good? I just posted what everyone seems to be saying that going forward a 3 man CM might be a good idea. Plus get a more attacking g rwb like spence in and we could really be a force. Just bcos we won 6-2 some people think we have cracked it. Even in this gane we let them score 2 plus a few saves Hugo had to make. So always good to look at what can be done better. Otherwise people like will sit on your laurels thinking all is good and we have cracked it.

1 goal 1 assist Bentancur
I love a funny moment and seeing him nick the ball and smash it in did make me laugh. Not the first time he's popped up out of nowhere and grabbed the ball that's led to a goal. He's got that cheeky confidence, like a monkey nicking a banana out of a kid's hands.

Nope, cricket hooliganism

"The disorder was the latest in a series of disturbances in the east of the city that have taken place after a cricket match between India and Pakistan on 28 August."

Article describes them as protests; but doesn't say about what.......?

How’s he gained an advantage ? One foot 2 inches further forward is not making any difference

The rule wouldn’t actually ‘state to gain an advantage’ would it… the rule exists to stop keepers rushing forward to close the angle or other such actions that
Would gain them an advantage’. It’s implied due to it being the obvious inference

So …. Not wrong and you probably need to think things through in future

Mate, offside is binary.... Goal-line tech is binary.... So is this.

"The disorder was the latest in a series of disturbances in the east of the city that have taken place after a cricket match between India and Pakistan on 28 August."

Article describes them as protests; but doesn't say about what.......?
bbc article mentioned religious tensions between muslim and hindu communities.

Not watched the game yet so only going by the posts. Seems a split in opinion. We weren’t great for large parts but good in others.
From what I can deduce we need 3 in midfield. I’d go with Biss main man then 2 from PEH bent skipp or kulu depending on the oppo. Eg v citeh no kulu but 2 from the other 3 plus Biss. Up top Kane and son with richo as sub.
3 in midfield would allow us to be more attacking in WB positions. So rwb has to be either spence or Doh. Royal is holding us back so much but conte loves him. We need to let the handbrake off!
I’d go like this:
Romero dier (no one else) lenglet
Spence, Biss , 2 from PEH/bent/skipp/kulu, perri
Kane and son.
Would still leave enough on the bench.
Great to win 6-2 and seems like parts of the game we were attacking g with pace.
Negatives based on the posts we let Leicester have the ball too much, they got 2 goals and Hugo had to make some decent saves. We really need to stay on the front foot and not left the oppo get a sniff. Said it before even crap trans will get confident and tails up doing this so asking for a spanked bun.
Keep it tight by all means but make sure to pressure.

Haven’t read your reply, as catching up, but now see your post ranting I quoted, was before you’d seen the game, which we won 6-2…

Basically your posts are “I want a Poch style, why won’t Conte be Poch” over and over…

Quick, honest question, had Tielemans scored the first time, (with Hugo so clearly on the 6 yard line when he took it!!) would the pen have still been retaken?

An offence is an offence, regardless of the outcome, no? Woulda been hilarious had he been made to retake it and THEN missed/saved!

Luckily, it was in the first 3minutes, and not the final 3 minutes with anything else riding on it...

But I thought there and then it was gonna be one of those crazy games (I actually said to my mate it's gonna be summit like 5-4) so I wasn't far off!
No it would not be retaken. It’s a goal even if the keeper comes off early. It’s like an advantage.

I love a funny moment and seeing him nick the ball and smash it in did make me laugh. Not the first time he's popped up out of nowhere and grabbed the ball that's led to a goal. He's got that cheeky confidence, like a monkey nicking a banana out of a kid's hands.
Done it for Son's first goal also didn't he?

Where did I say 6-2 win was t good? I just posted what everyone seems to be saying that going forward a 3 man CM might be a good idea. Plus get a more attacking g rwb like spence in and we could really be a force. Just bcos we won 6-2 some people think we have cracked it. Even in this gane we let them score 2 plus a few saves Hugo had to make. So always good to look at what can be done better. Otherwise people like will sit on your laurels thinking all is good and we have cracked it.
You posted every negative viewpoint, which supports your anti-Conte views.

Much if your views I agree with, but the constant negative repeating, over and over, after a resounding win where Conte did most things people were justly moaning about.

AND, YOU hadn’t watched the game…

Then your issue is the ref's, not the rules.
I think it’s the adjustment and as I mentioned, I’m in agreement with that rule

In the spirit of the game loris wasn’t abusing that rule … he just hasn’t quite got his heel on the line to begin with …. But you’re right with var and decisions made objectively it remains as is.

Regards the refs yeah … as long as this is applied at anfield in the same circumstances then I’ll fall in line

Don’t think spence made the bench and the other rwb seems to discarded. Hence we play Perri rwb when his been most dangerous player on the left and play sess left but is useless. Basically we only 3 WBs in the squad. Lucas will make 4th when back. All b is conte won’t cut off his nose to spite his face. Said earlier if sess can get loads of minutes being shite same as royal why cannot Doh or spence get any?
I'm beginning to wonder if we acquired Spence despite Conte's objections. He doesn't seem to acknowledge his existence...very strange

I watched the full game on Footyfull last night and actually thought that, apart from his 2 minute brainfart, Sanchez had quite a good game. I agree on the penalty though, as contact was just outside the line.
I don't usually check out stream sites as they are full of malware but this site looked very good. Very clean. Thanks for the heads up

Back
Top Bottom