Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Call it overreacting, but I honestly can't see where any points are coming from, aside from 45 minutes against Man Utd and about 25 today, we've been poor all season, the players mostly look devoid of ideas and confidence and Poch seems to have forgotten a lot of his managerial know-how.

That coupled with a chairman tighter than a dominatrix' corset makes this about one of the lowest times I can remember in recent seasons.

Neither can I

Not taking Toby or Trippier was strange

The last two subs were bizarre

If we were struggling yes try something different but we weren’t
We were in total control and a second goal imminent so why on earth did he change things?

Well I thought Kane is supposed to be shagged, burnt out now all of a sudden he's our best defender and the reason why they scored. Fuck me.
You wont see any posts from me saying he's burnt out, and he's definitely more use to us defending corners than Rose is, at least bring on Llorente ffs. My main issue was with the Lamela sub though.

Yes it had, we lost to start with. 1-0 up with 10mins to go, you don't bring Rose to protect the lead, you play Toby and revert to 3 CBs.
You can't just say we would have won if Toby had been on the bench. That's a lot of assumptions. We've also looked worst in defense with 3 at the back than 4 this season, at times, so who knows.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 thinks the subs had no impact on the score

Deary me - the delusion is real
Oh yeah, sorry Kane who before the game should have been dropped for being shagged and shit and burnt out, is now the reason why they scored two goals. Kane would have headed the ball out and would have prevented Icadi's goal.

Basically what people are saying on here is if player 'x' isn't on the pitch then that is the reason. The reason we lost is because Kane wasn't on the pitch. Toby not being on the pitch and Lamela not being on the pitch, oh and Son and Tripps. There think that covers it.

Next 6 fixtures:

Brighton
Watford (LC)
Huddersfield
Barca (CL)
Cardiff
Int'l break
West Ham

The fixture list is setup for us to build some confidence and gain momentum. We need to capitalize on it.

You can't just say we would have won if Toby had been on the bench. That's a lot of assumptions. We've also looked worst in defense with 3 at the back than 4 this season, at times, so who knows.
You can not leave a top defender out of the squad in a CL match.

Neither can I

Not taking Toby or Trippier was strange

The last two subs were bizarre

If we were struggling yes try something different but we weren’t
We were in total control and a second goal imminent so why on earth did he change things?
After their performances at the weekend it wasn't that strange, Aurier and Davinson got a chance tonight and proved a good call.

The defensive fuck up was in the summer, we should have strengthened there and centre midfield.

Interesting call now. Having watched Dier and Dembele would anyone take Barrios now? One thing for sure, he would be a much more difficult prospect that our current two.

After the last couple of games I am not feeling as confident about this as when the draw was made. Hopefully a chance to reset in a different competition? This is the most important game of the group in my view, win this and we are well placed, lose it and it's an up hill battle. I really hope we have sorted ourselves out for this.

Don't know what I worried about. :harrysmile:

I'd say Lucas, Lamela, Eriksen and Aurier were the only players who could really hold their heads high in that.

All should probably start against Brighton.

How does the subs stop Icardi's goal? Love to hear this. Ane for the last time drop the digs at me. Play the ball, not the man.
Oh wow oh wow.
If you're talking about the actual goal itself then yes you're right..nothing stops the goal.
However, our manager made a sub before that which handed the initiative to them at a time where we were in total control. They could not handle Lamelas movement at all...They had no idea where he was going to pop up..plus he was working tirelessly on that side in a defensive sense as well (what side did that cross come in btw?).
We have been utter shit defending set pieces and have conceded 6 headers already. At a time when they where they were in the ascendancy he takes off a vital part of our defensive set up in an area we have been caught out time and time again...to replace him with Danny Rose??? What??? In a time where the threat of conceding corners to them was high. Unreal.

Why. Would he have been there? Right at that spot. How could Kane have stoped Icardi's goal? No one got an answer for that that.

I clearly wasn’t referring to Icardi’s goal but their second and Kane’s aerial power and presence would have been far more effective than Rose

So do you think all three subs were warranted?

Lucas for Son yes as I’ve said and that should have been sufficient as we’re in control so arguably Icardi would never have got that chance as the ball would have been at the other end

This week has been a disaster for us and this latest one is completely down to Poch

Back
Top Bottom