Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The CL has lost a lot of its appeal for me. All we kept hearing for years was how we needed CL football in order to attract quality players. Then we go out and buy no one this summer.
That is actually a fantastic point you've made there.
Would any of the LPM boys care to offer an explanation?

After their performances at the weekend it wasn't that strange, Aurier and Davinson got a chance tonight and proved a good call.

The defensive fuck up was in the summer, we should have strengthened there and centre midfield.

Interesting call now. Having watched Dier and Dembele would anyone take Barrios now? One thing for sure, he would be a much more difficult prospect that our current two.

So why play Davies?

He was shite throughout

Aurier and Sanchez were ok but still both gave the ball away repeatedly

You can not leave a top defender out of the squad in a CL match.
Looked fine for 84 minutes. You think he changes his first two subs because Toby is there? Son and Lamela were coming off regardless, and that's what changed the game, not Rose coming in for Kane. Toby coming in for Kane would have been bad, too.

Yeah I agree, Kane's been shit and he needs to be dropped.

Im more concerned about Son fucking off to be honest for always being the fall guy to the most out of form player in European football.
Tired of it.....how the fuck are Lamela, Moura and Son playing second fiddle to Harry at the minute?

A forum full of know all's "its the manager, its the board, its the midfield"......but so many are happy to have the second coming of Rasiak lead the line every week.

Neither can I

Not taking Toby or Trippier was strange

The last two subs were bizarre

If we were struggling yes try something different but we weren’t
We were in total control and a second goal imminent so why on earth did he change things?
Got to disagree with that becuase he wasn’t 10 mins away from being a genius.
Aurier and Sanchez played well.
We lost it in midfield.
The only thing Pochettino is guilty off is having faith in Winks to come on, shore up the midfield, hold onto the ball and distribute it well.
Winks is not up to it

Wanyama must be completely fucked not to get a look in tonight,

Then tell me something different. How many times do you see a striker coming off when a team is running the clock down. How could Kane stop Icadi's goal? This is going to be fun to hear your explanation.
He couldn't stop Icadi's worldie. But his height at the second goal may have proved vital.
What's your explanation for us losing?
Stop ridiculing others and give us your view?

Why. Would he have been there? Right at that spot. How could Kane have stoped Icardi's goal? No one got an answer for that that.
Kane is much better at defending corners than Rose.
Do you agree or disagree with that statement. No spin Mr positive vibes....a simple yes he is or no he isn't will suffice.

Im in Florida on hols at the mo, looked at the text commentary, went 1-0 up and i thought... “were back, it was only a matter of time we put those last couple results behind us and get back to winning ways”

Looked again at full time thinking we would have come away with a comfortable 2-0 win.

Never did i think we would lose that.

3 losses in a row. Fuckin spammers form that is.. it cannot happen. COYS, need to be ready to bounce back now.

Im more concerned about Son fucking off to be honest for always being the fall guy to the most out of form player in European football.
Tired of it.....how the fuck are Lamela, Moura and Son playing second fiddle to Harry at the minute?

A forum full of know all's "its the manager, its the board, its the midfield"......but so many are happy to have the second coming of Rasiak lead the line every week.
You think Son was better than Kane today?

I clearly wasn’t referring to Icardi’s goal but their second and Kane’s aerial power and presence would have been far more effective than Rose

So do you think all three subs were warranted?

Lucas for Son yes as I’ve said and that should have been sufficient as we’re in control so arguably Icardi would never have got that chance as the ball would have been at the other end

This week has been a disaster for us and this latest one is completely down to Poch
We have, Dier, Vertonghen, Sanchez. We had been defending corners all night without them getting a sniff. You have to make subs, you have to take mins off the clock. Some players put a lot in e.g Lamela, better to put fresh legs on than tiered ones.

They took Perisich off, there only threat all night (even though Aurier dealt with him all night), why do you think they did that. Is that the reason why they won, bringing him off? I know it wasn't but for those saying it's the subs that cost the game, then you have to say that Speletti's was the reason they won, that's how it works, right?

Looked fine for 84 minutes. You think he changes his first two subs because Toby is there? Son and Lamela were coming off regardless, and that's what changed the game, not Rose coming in for Kane. Toby coming in for Kane would have been bad, too.
No we didn't look fine for 84mins, you already forgot first 45 mins and the mistakes. we were fine for 35 mins or so in the second half.
We are not defending well from crosses/corners. Don't you think having Kane and Toby defending headers are better than Rose and Winks?!

It feels there isa war between Levy and Poch.

Mv5dCk0.gif

I make you right, mate

Last edited:
CL football, this. CL football, that. A panacea, they said.

I don’t disagree with you at all but, one thing that has changed is that wages are so batshit insane these days, it’s nothing to do with success on the field i.e. qualification for the CL. You need a billionaire (that actually spends money).

I fear poch has stopped giving a shit and that's getting through to the players. Lamela for winks wss just plain baffling. Killed the momentum completely. But both goals were just stupid giveaways. Davies should clear but doesn't, aurier too central and leaves a ton of space. Pin ball defending for the corner that led to the 2ns goal. Kane may have defended that better then lucus, who was unbelievable, i might add, when he came on and unlucky not to score but a shit attempt at defending. But you could sense their winner coming. Poch taking off Kane and us just kicking it long with no one in their half. We just drop our heads and don't give a shit.

Back
Top Bottom