Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a squad that has had every single drop taken out of them
It has overachieved for 3 years now and I genuinely believe it's near its end
We desperately needed reinforcments this summer and have done for a couple of years really
Any fan that mocked / slated fans who were angry at no transfer business this summer are bloody morons

We need a new central midfield. We seriously need to find a less cumbersome way of moving when we have possession. We get the ball and it's like the boys see it as a chance to get a breather. That's when you attack, that's when you kill the other team off. At the moment half the teams heads aren't in it, we are carrying far too many blunt minds

Gutted, because I thought we played well in parts and a win, even a draw, would have been great.

We have players out of form and Poch made bad subs but, of more concern, our midfield is fundamentally not good enough.

The subs had nothing to do with the result. And please mate, stop attacking the poster, you always do it. Just disagree, no problem with that. But you can fuck off with the "what are you talking about" shit. Just disagree and make your point.
I honestly think you just say things just to say it. Oh look it's me Guido that can remain positive despite everything...Oh look at me look at me. Just as attention seeking as the posters that constantly spin things negatively tbh.

Ahhahahahahahah omg you're deluded beyond belief.

We controlled the game with Lamela and he made the Winks sub at a time where we looked like we were gonna kill the game off. They couldn't handle Lamelas clever runs in the second half.

We have conceded 6 goals from headers already this season and he takes off a player that is vital to defending corners for...a midget. They were clearly looking for the winner and it was blatantly obvious they were going to get some corners yet he takes off Kane for Danny Rose.Give me a fucking break Guido.
How does the subs stop Icardi's goal? Love to hear this. Ane for the last time drop the digs at me. Play the ball, not the man.

I'm gutted. Absolutely gutted. Really, not sure where to start. 1-0 up and cruising, and 5 minutes later we've lost the game. This season is feeling more and more like the Spurs of old. I sincerely hope the guys can turn this around or there's a rot about to set in.

If this was one performance then ok we can turn it around but it isn’t

Really worried now

Can anyone see us getting a result at Brighton because I fucking can’t
Compared to Inter they’re decent

Call it overreacting, but I honestly can't see where any points are coming from, aside from 45 minutes against Man Utd and about 25 today, we've been poor all season, the players mostly look devoid of ideas and confidence and Poch seems to have forgotten a lot of his managerial know-how.

That coupled with a chairman tighter than a dominatrix' corset makes this about one of the lowest times I can remember in recent seasons.

His subs had NOTHING to do with the result.
Bringing off Lamela for Winks was way too early , we were on top creating chances, no doubt we would of got the second had we kept things the way they were for another 10. Then Kane for Rose was just unbelievably stupid, I actually have no idea what the thinking behind that was.

This team is a shadow of the one from the last two seasons. What’s changed? Injuries and dips in form from current players and the fucking circus that is our new stadium.
We’re “doing a Woolwich” without having won anything in the first place
Nothings changed, and thats the problem.
Poch worked miracles to get us where we are with one hand tied behind his back.
Now he's expected to keep working his magic with both hands tied behind his back. And it ain't happening.

It's a fucking cop out and the fans have been mugged off.

Even an Away point would've been huge with the sub-par Inter squad making the trip to london. Completely unacceptable to not draw at the very least . Absolute shambles

Is Wanyama just there to make up numbers and not fit?
1 nil up you take off Lamela for a DM, it’s got to be someone who’ll boss the midfield. If it’s is shut up shop you want,
Winks is not going to create anything, he’s not going to be solid either. He’s a get the ball and pass it player.
Changed the game that sub.
Winks is an inbetween midfielder. I don’t know what he is. I remember the Burnley game last year he came on to shore up the middle and went running forward, got caught upfield out of position, they had space in midfield and equalised last minute,
Refuse to believe Lamela couldn’t last that game.
Son for Lucas yes, but Winks for Lamela?
That’s Dembele Dier and Winks and still can’t shut it up.

Should have taken Dier off & replaced him with Wanyama if anything. Fresh legs in front of back 4 and attacking impetus continues.
But obviously he can’t rely on Vic, and Winks is the only option,
We are going to find it really hard with just these 3 to see us through for any length of time
Going to have to be 3 goals up.

What a waste. They were very lucky but again we have given them 3 points.

See everyone’s turning on winks already, the truth is we shouldn’t be so dependent on a young player fresh of an injury, maybe one of those crazy ‘signing’ things would have helped with that, oh well I’m probably just being a spoilt brat

:dembelefingers:
Don't think people are turning on Winks personally but as you stated it was madness and or arrogance to think a badly injured young midfielder could be relied upon this season to fill flaws that were noticeable in our team last year. This one falls on Poch and Levy.

Back
Top Bottom