Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How does the subs stop Icardi's goal? Love to hear this. Ane for the last time drop the digs at me. Play the ball, not the man.

But surely Kane would have been better at defending a corner than Rose so the defeat is down to the Subs

I honestly think you just say things just to say it. Oh look it's me Guido that can remain positive despite everything...Oh look at me look at me. Just as attention seeking as the posters that constantly spin things negatively tbh.
I'm not happy, I'm fucking fuming. I'm gutted at the result, right about now my fist would be halfway down you throat if you were within 10 feet of me.

Toby and Trippier being left home had nothing to do with the result - I don't even understand that logic.
Yes it had, we lost to start with. 1-0 up with 10mins to go, you don't bring Rose to protect the lead, you play Toby and revert to 3 CBs.

Why are we playing a striker that has no shots every week?
4 shots on target in 5 games.....but he'll never be dropped the manager says. Blinding.

With Moura on at half time for Kane, we'd have won that.

I don't think we're far off regime change. We're a mess at the moment.

I hope not but I could see that happening - Poch deciding to go. I sincerely hope not but things just don't feel right and reading his book this is one of those moments where he will either come through it or he won't. I hope he decides to stick with it, work it out and salvage the season. He can and he is by far the best manager we've had in my life time. Highly unlikely that any replacement would do better. It does have that feel to it though, three loses in a row so early in the season after a summer of no signings and a delayed stadium, it's all wrong all at the same time. Club needs to push through it all and I'll be very happy if we come out the other end with Poch still in charge and a more experienced manager.

The CL has lost a lot of its appeal for me. All we kept hearing for years was how we needed CL football in order to attract quality players. Then we go out and buy no one this summer.
We have the ability to attract top quality players now. Our chairman just refuses to pay up what's needed in order to get them over the line.

So, I am guessing the swap of Lamela for winks was for "technical reasons" ?

It Technically screwed our formation and let Inter concentrate on attacking us, rather than worrying about Lamela breaking away. Hate to say it, but our Man is making some very strange decisions just recently.

The CL has lost a lot of its appeal for me. All we kept hearing for years was how we needed CL football in order to attract quality players. Then we go out and buy no one this summer.

That’s always been a carnard, sold to spice up the 4th place trophy.

Players come to a club (and stay at a club), when they’re paid a shit load of money.

Bringing off Lamela for Winks was way too early , we were on top creating chances, no doubt we would of got the second had we kept things the way they were for another 10. Then Kane for Rose was just unbelievably stupid, I actually have no idea what the thinking behind that was.
Well I thought Kane is supposed to be shagged, burnt out now all of a sudden he's our best defender and the reason why they scored. Fuck me.

Gutted, because I thought we played well in parts and a win, even a draw, would have been great.

We have players out of form and Poch made bad subs but, of more concern, our midfield is fundamentally not good enough.
Which is a problem because everyone and their brother looked at our CMs and said we need another body in the door. Poch is going to run Dembele into the ground, Wanyama can't stay fit, Dier is in the worst form I have seen him in at the club, and Winks is coming off some pretty serious injury issues. Then who is it, academy product? We loaned out Onomah. It just bad new right now in that part of the lineup.

He is not injured, it was technical decision.
Harry kane became father second time few weeks ago plus moved home, why did he travel?
It feels there isa war between Levy and Poch.
New stadium is destroying the season. Fault of the board. Mismanagement.

The last few games are a punch to the stomach. I honestly think the lack of signings made is effecting us far more than the stadium delay. We seem so obvious to read. We had three or four hungry attackers before and now we seem to have one. The players simply have to take responsibility but the whole thing just feels like it's got a cloud over it at the moment. The equaliser I was pissed off with but to not get your head straight, find a way to win free kicks and keep possession to take the sting out of the last five minutes was play ground football. Letting a win slip to a defeat like that from yet another couple of crosses just rips the guts out of it. With the amount of crosses we are conceding from when do you start blaming the centre backs?

Too powderpuff all over from goalkeeper through to attack. I suspect we'll have yet another uphill task going to Brighton at the weekend which is a huge shame as this group should be sparkling and bouncing all over the place with win after win

everything after just before the icardi goal was horrible. don't understand why were trying to absorb pressure and play for the draw. we looked like we were asking them to score

Rose coming on for Kane was wrong and it signaled to Kane what the tactic was which is why he strolled off to waste time, so not his fault, but it also signaled to 70,000 fans as well and absolutely got Inter believing they could beat us. Mental decision. Almost as bad as taking off Lamela when we were on top through him.

Back
Top Bottom