Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always makes me feel a little melancholic when I watch footage of Bale playing for us. What I wouldn’t give to have him back in a Spurs shirt! Christ if we still had him and Modric in the team we would be winning the league by now.
We've missed a direct player like him for seasons now - luckily Moura's early signs seem very promising

I'd like to see a good ole 4-2-3-1. Put Kane alone up top, lets see if that helps.
[formation=4231, Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez, Verts, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Moura, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]
No idea who we would slot next to Wanyama, so maybe a 4-3-3? Put Eriksen on the left behind Moura, and Winks on the right. Lamela is an option as well depending on how much we want to press them.

Champions League is basically impossible to watch now in the States without paying a ton of extra cash, $3 per game or $80 for the entire campaign, but streaming only. Fuck me.

I'd like to see a good ole 4-2-3-1. Put Kane alone up top, lets see if that helps.
[formation=4231, Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez, Verts, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Moura, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]
No idea who we would slot next to Wanyama, so maybe a 4-3-3? Put Eriksen on the left behind Moura, and Winks on the right. Lamela is an option as well depending on how much we want to press them.
Lamela starts - no two ways about it, mate

Always makes me feel a little melancholic when I watch footage of Bale playing for us. What I wouldn’t give to have him back in a Spurs shirt! Christ if we still had him and Modric in the team we would be winning the league by now.
We would have won the league then but for the defence and goalie.

No NBC has Premier League only. Champions League is now Turner Sports, used to be Fox. Streaming was more or less free for all Champions League games. It's a real bummer, and I really have a hard time dropping money down because its in the middle of the work day for me. I'd probably shell out the $3 for each Tottenham game if I knew I could actually sit and watch the whole thing.

I'm not so sure. Yes, if we still had those two now, the league may well be ours, but don't be too nostalgic. The magic of Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart make you forget the dross that surrounded them. The top four/champions league side of Redknapp has nothing on something like the 2016/17 spurs, and all stats back it up.

We don't have a player as good as Bale in our team, but our team is miles better than when Bale was in it. Savor it.

Back
Top Bottom