Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When two impotent teams face off - this is what we get. At least it looks like we are slowly coming to grips with this thing called 'football'.

Surely we need to try some direct balls forward, I know they are low percentage - but so is our passing from the back and it's definitely better to concede possession in their half.

Tbf, we've actually had the better chances despite Inter dominating most of the match. Not as bad at the end of the half. COYS!
Definitely looked better towards the end. Just need a bit more movement so we have more options in our passes.

Like, 60% of our wrong passes have been because no one is moving into position to get it

Very sloppy first half an hour but we started to click into gear the last 10-15 minutes. Kane really should’ve buried that, something isn’t quite right with him. He’s seriously lacking energy as is most of the team, hate to say this but I think Dembele has lost a step or two over the past 6 months.

We lack another creater in the midfield, when Toby isn’t in the side it’s even more evident because we rely on only Eriksen to spread the play.

I think this game is for the taking, but I can also see a sloppy pass or mistake causing a goal against us. Ben Davies seems off the pace today and I feel like he’s the one who can make that mistake.

We grew into it, just need to shake off the jitters. There is no need to be so nervous, last season we beat two much better teams than Inter with these players.

Dembele and Eriksen are trying to play football which is more than they did on Saturday.

Everything is just a fraction off ... first touch a bit poor, so passes are made under pressure and not crisp, so next guy is under more pressure ... and so on.

It's a shame we haven't got 15/16 Dembele out there. He's one player you want to give the ball to when under pressure and someone who can get us on the front foot.

18/19 Dembele? Seems to have concrete in his boots.

We need someone in midfield who's not afraid to get the ball, turn and play. Wouldn't be against getting Winks on.

Been tough so far, but want to thank Case/Google for providing me this gem of an ad on the home page...

What has happened to Ben Davies ? He's a shell of his former self.
Rotation is at least part of it.

Ben is at his best when he gets to play a lot. He cools off if he has to take a game off. We saw that when Rose first got hurt. Looked shaky in his first game (pool at Anfield) then he got better and better with each game

Dier was truly shit the first 20, heart in mouth stuff everyone he was near the ball. Still think he's a centre half. On the bright side of things we aren't losing, Serge actually looking like a CL fullback. I'd like to see us just ping a few balls over the top for Son (and Moura later hopefully) to run into as at the moment its as predictable as fuck

I thought problem was not spending and getting any new signing but it was not training on passing

Kane did everything right for that chance. Beautiful first touch, just ran out of room.
Should have gone down.
If it would have been them they’d have won a penalty.
I’m sure I lip read Kane saying ‘should have gone down ‘ maybe becuase I was thinking it though.
I’ll have a look later.

Difference between teams like Juve, Real etc.

Savage made me laugh
‘There, should have just lifted it over the keeper’
Just like he would have done.

On the whole, not a bad half. Absolutely fed up with this fucking commentary, they seem to think we should be 10 down or something, can't think of a single save Vorm has been asked to make. We are playing out from the back, whilst they a pressing very hard, they can't keep this up, they will blow themselves out, especially as it is leading to no opportunities for them. We have control of the midfield without dominating it or creating too much. BUT we are playing quite conservatively, there is nothing wrong with this, but I think they are there for the taking if we up the tempo.

Aurier has been excellent, Dier has been good (a couple of stray passes early on but still OK). Our front 4 have been quiet but I think we are being a patient away side.

Davies though has been shocking and the times that we have been sloppy have been mostly, not all, down to him. He's losing a lot of possession and not creating the right angles to receive the ball, looks scared.

Back
Top Bottom