Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Dier and Sanchez are on the pitch against no opposition, do they still kick it back and forth and to Vorm for all eternity, or do they eventually turn up field and score?

Eriksen and especially Aurier have impressed me so far. Harry needs a goal to restore a bit of his confidence. Doubt that he didn't bury that chance because he was tired, since Harry of last year would just hit the ball straight after the first touch. This match also shows how badly we miss Alli and a CM. Still, Inter are there for the taking. COYS!

Very sloppy first half an hour but we started to click into gear the last 10-15 minutes. Kane really should’ve buried that, something isn’t quite right with him. He’s seriously lacking energy as is most of the team, hate to say this but I think Dembele has lost a step or two over the past 6 months.

We lack another creater in the midfield, when Toby isn’t in the side it’s even more evident because we rely on only Eriksen to spread the play.

I think this game is for the taking, but I can also see a sloppy pass or mistake causing a goal against us. Ben Davies seems off the pace today and I feel like he’s the one who can make that mistake.
I actually thought Kane looked sharp. Holding up the ball well and spraying balls around. Looks quick. I just can't believe the sloppiness of our full backs and CMs. We are giving the ball away constantly. Sometimes just get it up the pitch. Inter don't exactly look threatening.

Dembele passing today so far worth a 8.5 out of 10.
Dier and Davies again below par.
Lamela needs to be more confident and looking to make something for himself.

I don't think Verts is doing him any favours. He takes 3 or 4 touches then ships it to Ben and says you sort it out.
And no one moves to receive it from Ben. And we all know Ben is not a dribbler. Get Lucas on in the second half for Son and we will get more movement on the left

Maybe it’s true, and I clearly don’t understand football, cos I’m really pleased with the effort in the middle and the defending.

Up top hasn’t clicked, I have my reasons why, but on the whole I think it’s ok.
Vorm hasn’t had a thing to do.
We need to get Davies and Son linking up.

Don’t see the point in going long, the CF won’t chase it

I've spotted Dier moaning at a few players in that half (Aurier, Sanchez and Vertonghen) despite him causing most of our problems.
Sorry but Dier has been good. Covering a lot of ground and slowing down and spoiling almost everything they are trying to create. (He gave a couple of his lazy passes early on but I think he's doing a very solid job tonight).

Do think we need to carry on playing out from the back (as just launching it from the back is just giving it back) except when pressed. Turning around and going or passing towards goal is suicidal. Just clear it if there's pressure rather then be clever. We clearly don't have the confidence or composure for precise passing when pressed back

Our squad is filled with inconsistent players. On their day the likes of Aurier, Dier, Lamela, Davies, Sanchez, Rose, etc... can look world class, but then other days they look like they belong in the championship. It’s just scary to think if more than one of them are having an absolute mare. At least with someone like Sissoko, you know he’s going to be shit.

Back
Top Bottom