Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif
My point is we'd not be replacing qualities with different qualities atm (which you said wouldn't just work) but instead just add more. Because let's be honest, Kane has been showing absolutely no qualities at all lately.

-------------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------------
Aurier-------------Alderwerireld-------Vertonghen------------Rose
-------------------------Wanyama--------Dembele-----------------------
-------Lamela---------------------Eriksen-----------------Lucas-----------
---------------------------------------Kane---------------------------------------

I wouldn't play Kane or Eriksen in this game.

Son, Lamela and Lucas need to start. I would like Wanyama to have some game time too, but worry this is too soon for him.

I wouldn't play Kane or Eriksen in this game.

Son, Lamela and Lucas need to start. I would like Wanyama to have some game time too, but worry this is too soon for him.

Son/Lamela/Lucas front 3 would be pretty good actually.

More of this please.

Son/Lamela/Lucas front 3 would be pretty good actually.

More of this please.

2 of them have insane pace, stretching teams and giving Lamela lots of space to run into, which usually ends in an assist/goal. Could even go back to our traditional 4-2-3-1 and simply throw in Llorente for the sake of it.

Too many players in our team look comfortable. They know they can perform like shite and still get picked. Can't be starting Eriksen and Kane after performances like that, they need to work for their spot, just like everyone else.

Call me crazy, but I honestly think that the CL is a perfect place to try different things with our first team, because let's be honest, no Spurs fan in their right mind thinks we're gonna win the thing.

I'm not saying we treat it like a European Carabao Cup though.

We can’t underestimate Inter’s team. They still have some very good players in Icardi, Brozovic, Nainggolan, Perisic and Baldè.

Lamela played in Italy so it is his own backyard. He could really shine there.
He was our best player yesterday. So underrated and under appreciated by a lot of people. I’d start him tomorrow and at Brighton next week.

People say we lack creativity if Eriksen doesn’t play, but Lamela is more than worthy cover.

We can’t underestimate Inter’s team. They still have some very good players in Icardi, Brozovic, Nainggolan, Perisic and Baldè.
They absolutely hammered Parma yesterday but missed the target and got caught with a smash and grab! But Inter created plenty chances. As for us Inter’s defence in previous games look suspect pace in about them Lamela,Son & Moura would work rest Kane or give him twenty minutes at the end.

They absolutely hammered Parma yesterday but missed the target and got caught with a smash and grab! But Inter created plenty chances. As for us Inter’s defence in previous games look suspect pace in about them Lamela,Son & Moura would work rest Kane or give him twenty minutes at the end.

If I had it my way Kane wouldn’t even travel. I’d give him Sunday through to Wednesday off completely. But I know it isn’t that easy.

If I had it my way Kane wouldn’t even travel. I’d give him Sunday through to Wednesday off completely. But I know it isn’t that easy.
Stating the obvious but if we had an able replacement not Llorente but a young striker looking to make a name for himself that scenario with Kane could be done.

Stating the obvious but if we had an able replacement not Llorente but a young striker looking to make a name for himself that scenario with Kane could be done.
When you think of our catchment area and what the academy has to offer it is weird we don't have at least a couple of really top talents coming through in that position.

Just to be helpful, the kick off time is 17.55 GMT on Tuesday in case anyone is making arrangements to leave work early, get to the pub early, etc., based on this thread title - perhaps change it?

PS Spurs will smash Inter on Tuesday

Kane will start - hopefully as a number 9, with Eriksen behind him. Lucas has to perform on the right. Him playing up top is compromising Kane and Eriksen - and they are our best players. It's not a strategy that will bring rewards long term.

Back
Top Bottom