Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And your reply wasn't very relevant answer to what I wrote either was it? I have given up this season yes. I doubt we'll play in Europe next year. If we're don't start to actually try to play football.

Contradictory shambles.

Had Dele Alli gone down holding his face when the Chelsea player attacked him twice, would VAR sent that player off for violent conduct? I doubt it. Yet When Son reacted the Chelsea player rolled around and screamed as they have learnt to do because they get a lot of favourable refereeing every match while Spurs have hostile refs every game.

That is the reason why Eriksson is leaving - he's had enough!

Sky & the FA are anti-semitic racists!

Agreed, and this is in a nutshell is the problem.

People going ham and condemning people with absolutely zero evidence, its worrying.

He was judge, jury and executioner for our entire fan base, he is supposed to be a football commentator
As someone said earlier in this thread, because our country deems it such an ‘epidemic’, people are so scared to be seen being neutral towards it, that they have to condemn it as soon as even the slightest hint of it arises. Hence our stadium announcer warning the fans 3 times about it even though no one had actually been caught being racist, and still haven’t to this moment.

That Chelsea side is good. They are young and run their bollocks off. Willian had a good game. Kovacic is quietly starting to assert himself. They're in a position where they were able to bring on Jorginho who's found form again. Had they been chasing the game, Pulisic.

They're absolutely massive cunts, but I'm not sure where this idea has come from that they're terrible.

Well 3 points from 15 before today including defeats to the mighty Everton, Bournemouth and West Ham at home might suggest otherwise. We made them look good

If you set up like this, your forwards are either going to play a blinder or fade into anonymity (or worse) because those are their only options. When all you can do to move forward is lump it up the pitch to bypass an incapable midfield, you're relying on individual moments of magic from the forward players (which are called moments of magic precisely because they're not all that common; certainly not common enough to be relied upon as a legitimate strategy).

I think the clear dichotomy of "good" and "shit" matches with little in the middle under Jose thus far affirms that reliance on individual brilliance. And it's pure folly: even Messi can't drag a talented Argentina team to the top consistently.

All of that considered, I have a hard time blaming someone like, say, Kane whose only involvement consisted of a low-percentage chance, a few defensive clearances and a very good cross for Son. He didn't do much wrong, or much at all, because he simply didn't have the opportunity.
Good analysis

Back
Top Bottom