Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

probably the worst Chelsea team I have seen for years.

That Chelsea side is good. They are young and run their bollocks off. Willian had a good game. Kovacic is quietly starting to assert himself. They're in a position where they were able to bring on Jorginho who's found form again. Had they been chasing the game, Pulisic.

They're absolutely massive cunts, but I'm not sure where this idea has come from that they're terrible.

Anyone find it scary how quick people are in this country to jump on the racism bandwagon (which is a very serious issue) with absolutely 0 evidence, we’ve had Tyler and Neville discussing it for about 20 minutes during the game, now Neville has just been grandstanding about racism in this country on a football channel, all still with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Sky sports news also reporting it, really dangerous.

Controversial but I’m pretty certain Rudiger misheard ‘Yids,yids, yids’ just after son was sent off. We’ve been fucked over as fans here, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.
The irony is that racism is such a social taboo in this country that careers/lives are ended over a conviction/accusation - and yet you get an awful lot of opining from the pundits/twitterati as if people are condoning it or we live in a horribly racist society (with all statistical evidence showing quite the contrary).

Problem is, people are so terrified of being tarred with an accusation of racism that we're now seeing incredibly hyperbolic responses to this evening's events before all the facts/evidence have even been gathered. Shout loudest and no-one will think you're racist as well.

Scary stuff.

Innocent until proven guilty is the bedrock of a free society.
Peoples lives can be ruined by an accusation.
I personally know far too many people who've had their lives ruined by our "accuse first, ask questions later" and trial-by-twitter culture, whether it be rape accusations that turned out demonstrably false in the court system or even unsubstantiated revenge-motivated accusations on social media of noncery that a local newspaper irresponsibly ran with. The latter incident ruined the lad's career, family and mental health, and there's still no evidence to suggest that it was even likely to be true.

I'm making no comment on what happened today because I just don't know enough about it - isn't that the correct stance in lieu of sufficient evidence? - but modernity is psychically carcinogenic. The real "toxicity", to borrow a buzzword, is in these sociopolitical movements promoting unlimited, unmitigated and unquestioned belief in anything someone tells you -- but only if the someone happens to be from a particular "protected" group. It just seems like regular old discrimination dressed in cuddly semi-academic language to me.

Who should get a fucking grip?

Rudiger? People that take offence to an individual or group being racist? Sky sports for stating ravist abuse was directed at Rudiger? Who should get a grip?
You should..its an allegation
.find the culprit . If the person is guilty you fucking make an example of them !.We have the most sohpistichated stadium in the world where every seat can be isolated at any time for any second.

Tit for tat on racism. How fucking depressing to read.
Surely "tit for tat" is more evenly spread...
One (or even TWO) morons (cos every family has a MORON) us not comparable to THOUSANDS...
One or two can be explained, and DEALT with... whereas THOUSANDS is an epidemic that can't be cured...
That's not "tit for tat"!
It's like comparing a kid who pulled off the wings of a Daddy Longlegs, with an adult serial killer!

(Although they all gotta start somewhere!)

I get the impression that people like Neville often go on these long tirades about racism just because it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The whole of twitter seems to be parading Neville about as some kind of liberator.
The first time he went off on one he could not possibly have had any idea what had happened.

They are the people that are coming up with shit like "check your priviledge" and the gender pay gap and all this other divide and conquer bullshit that is plaguing the Country. And they might not have a building but they are everywhere on Social media and in our Universities. It's becoming a real problem that needs addressing.

But this is a football forum so apologies for bringing it up, just winds me the fuck up

Pretending there was no racism, no sexism and no cause to rally against them in the 90's is also a pretty disruptive position to be promoting too...

(On a social media platform of all places too.... : P )

The all too familiar abject performance again the better sides and or when under pressure to deliver such as going above them today, we simply don't have what it takes the lack of belief and pressure off the ball was non existent.

Who should get a fucking grip?

Rudiger? People that take offence to an individual or group being racist? Sky sports for stating ravist abuse was directed at Rudiger? Who should get a grip?

Let's stop now...otherwise this discussion goes on and on. I think we all agree racism is wrong. no one condones it. If one of ours has done it then he needs to be swiftly punished...as we would expect if another supporter had done it.

Ps I'm NOT saying discussion racism should be ignored bit rather there are more effective ways to discuss it

I personally know far too many people who've had their lives ruined by our "accuse first, ask questions later" and trial-by-twitter culture, whether it be rape accusations that turned out demonstrably false in the court system or even unsubstantiated revenge-motivated accusations on social media of noncery that a local newspaper irresponsibly ran with. The latter incident ruined the lad's career, family and mental health, and there's still no evidence to suggest that it was even likely to be true.

I'm making no comment on what happened today because I just don't know enough about it - isn't that the correct stance in lieu of sufficient evidence? - but modernity is psychically carcinogenic. The real "toxicity", to borrow a buzzword, is in these sociopolitical movements promoting unlimited, unmitigated and unquestioned belief in anything someone tells you -- but only if the someone happens to be from a particular "protected" group. It just seems like regular old discrimination dressed in cuddly semi-academic language to me.
Agreed, if it's found out that Rudiger was lying about the alleged abuse he should receive punishment.

The same is done when false rape allegations are put forward.

Had to drive oop north for work tomorrow and had to listen on the radio
It sounded dreadful
Were there any positives to come out of this? Mourinho getting schooled by a first form pupil in the school of management?

That's what it sounded like
No Mick. Not a single f*cking one. It was still not as bad as Brighton but even the VAR offside lines would take 10 mins to describe the difference.

Sanchez did ok. Ndombele looked head and shoulders above all our other midfielders for his cameo.

That's it really.
Good lord

What happened to the new era that was ushered in - with a step up in management?
It's almost sounding like it might have been the players after all.
Choosing Aurier is a big red flag
As is Dier in his current form
Bringing on Eriksen to make things better sounds like desperation
Maybe it's possible that we did throw the baby out with the bath water.....

To the people that regularly attended WHL and the new stadium.
Can you honestly say you've never heard any sort of racist comments being made?
I did/do not even attend regularly and I certainly have.

Not that it's relevant to my post, but no... I didn't.
And your reply wasn't very relevant answer to what I wrote either was it? I have given up this season yes. I doubt we'll play in Europe next year. If we don't start to actually try to play football.

Back
Top Bottom