Spurs v Lyon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brad is 41, delighted at recently having signed a year extension to his deal and saying all the right things with regards to always wanting to play but being content with playing deputy. Easier domestic cup games?I'm all over Brad. Hugo injured? We have a wonderful back up. But this is a fucking huge game and Lloris ought to play both legs.

Always have been a big fan of Friedel, but AVB needs to go w/ LLoris here..........Europa is some legitimate hardware and Spurs need to take it seriously.

And lets hope AVB rolls with A&E over Naughton as well..........

The rest of the starting 11, I can justify however it looks. With a full eleven days tween this fixture and West ham, AVB should definitely roll w/ his optimal 11.

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, BAE, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Dempsey, Bale, Adebayor.

That's what AVB will pick and that's probably what he considers to be his strongest team, barring Sandro. I'd pick the same team, but Holtby over Dempsey.

And lets hope AVB rolls with A&E over Naughton as well..........

160x120_charlie_casualty.jpg

A1752_zpse0ade5d0.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2012-13

Every European game played by Spurs from the European Cup in 1961-62 to the UEFA Europa League in 2012-13....

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurinEurope1961-62to2010-11.html

Tottenham Hotspur European Goalscorers & Appearances 1961-62 to 2012-13

Tottenham Hotspur's European goalscorers together with a list of games played by Spurs players in Europe

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurEuropeanGoalscorers1961-62to2008-09.html

I did some research on our upcoming opponents. Here are some additional facts we should be aware of:

1)Lyon routinely field 11 men on the field at the start of each match.

2)All of their wins in the 2012/13 season have been the result of scoring more goals than the other side.

3)They are from France.

4)"Olympique Lyonnais" is actually the name of a chocolate sauce that is spread on a croissant. (Croissant's are a bread pastry invented by Burger King and later adopted by the French as a breakfast treat.)

Lloris
Walker - Daws - Verts - BAE
Parker - Dembele
Lennon - Holtby - Bale
Ade

... I really hope it is this team ... I really want to see Holtby and Ade link up together ... but maybe this is too big of a game to test that out ... the other thing is that i think Daws should start ... I know how many of you dont fancy him but that guy puts his soul and body on the line like no other ... plus we need the physical presence against the likes of gomis, lopez or laczette ....

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, BAE, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Dempsey, Bale, Adebayor.

That's what AVB will pick and that's probably what he considers to be his strongest team, barring Sandro. I'd pick the same team, but Holtby over Dempsey.
That's my team too, and I'd pick Dempsey over Holtby. He's a better player with more end product - I like Holtby a lot, but Clint is proven

Lloris
Walker - Daws - Verts - BAE
Parker - Dembele
Lennon - Holtby - Bale
Ade

... I really hope it is this team ... I really want to see Holtby and Ade link up together ... but maybe this is too big of a game to test that out ... the other thing is that i think Daws should start ... I know how many of you dont fancy him but that guy puts his soul and body on the line like no other ... plus we need the physical presence against the likes of gomis, lopez or laczette ....
Daws should start no problem, he's our best defender, why wouldn't he start?

Took a while for AVB to grasp the obvious about how good Daws is - but he's there now

Captain Daws and rightly so :dawsonlol:

I remember the same amount of tickets were still available a day before the Panathinaikos game and on matchday I remember the queue going right across Worcester avenue for both ticket windows, I expect the same will happen here as it is a slightly bigger against a much bigger team. Probably be about 33-34,000 which isn't too bad for a Europa League game. Be nice if it sells out, but it won't

Back
Top Bottom