Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should have sold Dier when Maureen thought he was worth a lot of money.
Who is criticising Rose anyway? He's looking sharper with every game that he plays.
One last thought: Why haven't Winksy and Moura worked on their upper body strength?
The physical conditioning of our players is so Spursy.

Remember when Kane said that the team isn't young anymore and that it's time to win something? Well they better step it up and win a domestic trophy at least because, I've got a terrible feeling that if we don't win anything and somehow end up outside cl places come end of the season, Poch walks.

Barcelona can certainly be got at if we harry them like men possessed. Trouble is, on the strength of the last couple of games, we couldn't get at or harry a wounded lamb
Champions league is overrated anyway
JWT3XZX.jpg

Why do people think Wanyama is the solution for Dier when the club tried to sell him in the summer ffs.

Surely we should also give Gazza a punt between the sticks?

The situation at Spurs is strange one. Choosing not to invest means you put all your hopes into Pochettino and the players being able to motivate themselves to push on and win things. Yet, what if they've given all they had for two seasons and still fell short?

The game: Lverpool were better than a lot on here are giving them credit for. Should have won the game by a greater margin. Mane was v impressive and their defence better than I thought they would be. We were sluggish and sloppy. Alarming energy levels and poor misplaced passes. Kane (who looks shot to pieces) and Moura up front don’t look right. Dier looks lost. Poch can’t decide on 3 or 4 at the back.

Strange team selection today - 3 CM’s sends a negative message before a ball is kicked..,

Can we pick up some form? - I fucking hope so because we need to and fast.

The venue: a shithole of epic proportions that no true Spurs fan can stand to spend another minute in. For the neutral or half and half wearing sometime fan, it’s a handy source of an easy ticket. We had red tops and scarves everywhere around us today. No one really batted an eyelid. How football has changed....

Worst game at Wembley so far by a mile.

Made Juve look like nothing when it came to the away fan invasion.
Would rather they shut the upper tiers than be surrounded by Egyptians and scousers cheering for salah.
Wtf is restricted general sale ? Clearly means nothing.

Done with it....
Next game for me is at home

Dare I say it but could have done with Sissoko this game.
Someone who grafts his balls off spoiling, winning the ball etc.

Would have been better to play Davies and Aurier in a back 4.

What with most of our team playing on Tuesday night, picking up knocks too for England & the KO time it may have been better to rest Dier, Trippier, Rose and Kane.

Wanyama and Lamela haven’t had much game time, just coming back from injure but Dier and Kane have had maybe too much.
We could have started with

Vorm
Aurier Alderwiereld Vertonghen Davies
Wanyama
Dembele Eriksen
Lamela Lucas
Son

Wanyama, Lamela and Lucas maybe would have been a bit more sharp and on it.
If they tire after 60 /70 mins you swap them and change formation.

Kane hasn’t been the same player since he had his kids.
It must take a toll on him, unless he doesn’t interact at all.
Factor that in with all the football and it’s a fucking miracle he has done so much.

He needs a little of the pressure taken off him.
But who else is there.
Lamela, Eriksen, Son and Lucas have goals in them.

If you give Kane a rest go with a mobile speedy front 3 imo.
Why not? We look stale at the moment. And we shouldn’t be scared to change it round a bit.
I’d fuck Vorm off out of the team while I was at it. He looked so out of his depth at times today.
Both goals he was fumbling around like mr magoo.

Gazzaniga is just as shakey as Vorm, he had a busy game vs Palace last year but made an absolute howler that luckily went unpunished and everyone seems to have forgotten about it. He looked like a big bag of nerves to me, he’s 3rd choice for a reason

To be fair to Vorm, he also made sure it wasnt 5-0.
He did some Premier League level goalkeeping during the match, sure. That's what's he's there for. But also completely flapped for the cross before the first goal. And could have done better on the second too. I hate suggesting we drop a loyal player but he has let us down a few times in his recent appearances. And not sure Gazziniga is much of an upgrade yet. We need Hugo back.

Gazzaniga is just as shakey as Vorm, he had a busy game vs Palace last year but made an absolute howler that luckily went unpunished and everyone seems to have forgotten about it. He looked like a big bag of nerves to me, he’s 3rd choice for a reason
A bit more experience might help.

That was more down to Liverpool’s shit finishing than him pulling off a series of worldies though. You would expect every PL keeper to have saved the ones he did.

Meh. I think a few on here would have gobbling Lloris if he made a few of those.

Still should have done better for the 2nd goal mind you.

Everyone got sucked into the hype.

Why is it that Son, Lamela and Moura will never receive the accolades of Kane, Dele and Eriksen, even if they outperform them for a year?

It’s actually criminal that Son isn’t first name on the team sheet in attack, but no one gives a fuck.

“Awww little Sonny always smiling he won’t leave”

While everyone shits their pants that Eriksen will walk.
I know who I’d play next week.

Back
Top Bottom