Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do you always cycle between blaming the manager/star players instead of looking at the root causes?
This exactly. I posted earlier in the Summer that when results start to go awry it's Poch who'll get the shit. And here we are.
Managers come and go. Players come and go. Seasons come and go. And we continue to fall short.
This is so fucking predictable

We deserved nothing other than a 5-0 thrashing the worst Spurs display Ive seen in a long long time. And dare I mention Harry Kane? He might as well not have been on the pitch today truly awful as was Eriksen. Many more performances like today and we are in big trouble.

Sorry I’m not having that. We were shit but we did hit the post when it was 1-0. Liverpool weren’t amazing but today they were the better team. Yes we were poor but people have short memories and we’ve had far worse performances. There will be a few rotations for the game against inter and that’s the ideal opportunity to properly sort out shit. And I’m confident we will.

I read the comments after our team was announced and many were saying it was the right team and right formation. Now we've lost so many of those players shouldn't have started and it's Poch's fault.
I was on my way to Wembley and didn't post anything on here until after 4 or 5pm. So count me out.

Tbh Eriksen looked good on his internationals so there is hope. When otherwise Kane looked bad with England as usual if comparing which concerns me, he just needs a rest.

Sorry I’m not having that. We were shit but we did hit the post when it was 1-0. Liverpool weren’t amazing but today they were the better team. Yes we were poor but people have short memories and we’ve had far worse performances. There will be a few rotations for the game against inter and that’s the ideal opportunity to properly sort out shit. And I’m confident we will.
That goes in at 1-1, it's a TOTALLY different complexion (similar to how Watford rallied after equalizing.
We didn't, they did . Shit

That was a low energy performance! I think we're better playing five at the back but you guys know better than me. Playing four at the back against that Liverpool team was suicidal. Poch picked the wrong team.
I said Liverpool were the better team. I said we were fortunate to beat United 3-0, and we were flattered again
by today's result. Thankfully, Liverpool weren't at their best level.
Lamela needs to play. His energy and flair will improve us.

Very true.

Inter Milan are absolute cabbage - but they'll be up for it and certainly have players who can cause us problems. I was thinking more of the pressing side. Barcelona don't do it as ferociously as they did in past years but they still press and with Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Messi, could really cause our defence nightmares if we play like we did today
Match highlights today of Inter/Parma Inter hounded them from start to finish just couldn’t find the net! Parma had one chance a hit and hope it flew in,Inter created plenty chances. We need a result cos it’s Barcelona.

Match highlights today of Inter/Parma Inter hounded them from start to finish just couldn’t find the net! Parma had one chance a hit and hope it flew in,Inter created plenty chances. We need a result cos it’s Barcelona.
Barcelona can certainly be got at if we harry them like men possessed. Trouble is, on the strength of the last couple of games, we couldn't get at or harry a wounded lamb

Last edited:
Tbh Eriksen looked good on his internationals so there is hope. When otherwise Kane looked bad with England as usual if comparing which concerns me, he just needs a rest.

I think he has free role and more advanced when he plays for Denmark but more defensive duties for Spurs. But correct me if I am wrong.

That goes in at 1-1, it's a TOTALLY different complexion (similar to how Watford rallied after equalizing.
We didn't, they did . Shit

Yeah I agree with that but I don’t think it was the worst performance I’ve seen in a long time. Hopefully we find some proper form soon but I reckon poch has to make some big changes and freshen things up. Not digging vorm out but it was obvious we missed Lloris today.

Why on earth were so many Liverpool fans allowed into the home end today? They were literally walking round with pool tops on and had the temerity to celebrate loudly when the bin dippers scored; I think there was more of them in my block than spurs. Why do the stewards allow this. Its one thing losing and playing shit but to have those cunts celebrate in your end as well took the biscuit. The only spurs related cheer i even heard today was the Son fanboys when their hero came on. Everyone just needs to fuck off

Why on earth were so many Liverpool fans allowed into the home end today? They were literally walking round with pool tops on and had the temerity to celebrate loudly when the bin dippers scored; I think there was more of them in my block than spurs. Why do the stewards allow this. Its one thing losing and playing shit but to have those cunts celebrate in your end as well took the biscuit. The only spurs related cheer i even heard today was the Son fanboys when their hero came on. Everyone just needs to fuck off

Honestly, cannot wait to get the fuck out of Wembley.

Yep, men walking around in Liverpool scarves on full display in the home section. Embarrassing

Back
Top Bottom