Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just feel that we could not pass to a white shirt, even with no pressure on us the pass was wide of the player or intercepted by a Liverpool player,
without Toby & Vert I think it would have been a lot worst

Well what an absolute pile of Dog shit that was.
I got back in the early hours of the morning, had a few hours kip, then rushed to watch that shit show.

I can take losing as long as we've put the effort in and made a good account of ourselves. That was the worst performance I have seen us put in under Poch. Nothing as bad as this since the days of AVB.
The most worrying was the lack of fucks given, apart from Moura, the rest were strolling around as if it was their 10th game in 10 days. Absolutely zero effort from some.
What has happened to Kane? what has happened to Eriksen? and don't even get me started on Dier, quite possibly the worst performance in a Spurs shirt by any individual I have seen.

I don't think i've ever seen us give the ball away so much, 5 yard, 3 yard and even 2 yard passes going astray. We were an absolute shambles. What happened about putting the Watford defeat behind us? surely the best way for every one to do that would be to put in 100% effort and show it was a one off.
This team look so tired and worn out to me, what's going to happen when we have to play 2 games a week which is about to start?
How many of those players can look in the mirror and say they gave it their all?
The annoying thing was that Liverpool were piss poor too and there for the taking but we made it so so easy for them, they didn't have to string pass after pass together, they just had to wait for us to give it to them.

We deserved absolutely nothing from that game and this lot better start to wake up and realise that we are in for a long season unless they pull their fingers out of their arses.

Pissed off doesn't come close.

We need better than Winks if our midfield can compete at top level.
Winks is no better than Mason or Bentaleb (Bentaleb probably was better). Never been impressed with him at all. We should have made a proper CM signing to replace Dembele as he gets older. Hopefully Wanyama gets fit and we can go with Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela as our starters with Dembele coming on after 60 mins.

I got back in the early hours of the morning, had a few hours kip, then rushed to watch that shit show.
Brilliant post..im not gonna bother to post my reaction mate, as you absolutely nailed it...
I can take losing as long as we've put the effort in and made a good account of ourselves. That was the worst performance I have seen us put in under Poch. Nothing as bad as this since the days of AVB.
The most worrying was the lack of fucks given, apart from Moura, the rest were strolling around as if it was their 10th game in 10 days. Absolutely zero effort from some.
What has happened to Kane? what has happened to Eriksen? and don't even get me started on Dier, quite possibly the worst performance in a Spurs shirt by any individual I have seen.

I don't think i've ever seen us give the ball away so much, 5 yard, 3 yard and even 2 yard passes going astray. We were an absolute shambles. What happened about putting the Watford defeat behind us? surely the best way for every one to do that would be to put in 100% effort and show it was a one off.
This team look so tired and worn out to me, what's going to happen when we have to play 2 games a week which is about to start?
How many of those players can look in the mirror and say they gave it their all?
The annoying thing was that Liverpool were piss poor too and there for the taking but we made it so so easy for them, they didn't have to string pass after pass together, they just had to wait for us to give it to them.

We deserved absolutely nothing from that game and this lot better start to wake up and realise that we are in for a long season unless they pull their fingers out of their arses.

Brilliant post...im not gonna bother posting my reaction to that shit show as you absolutely nailed it mate...

Poor team display, too many mistakes
Kane cream crackered. looks dizzy needs to rest for 2 weeks
Dier bad passes
Eriksen bad pass, corner, 1-0 down, invisible for most of the game
Tripps bad passes
Rose invisible
Dembele bad passes
Lamela should have started over Winks or Dier or even over Kane
Lucas and Kane miles apart but lets wait
Lucas tried hardest our best player
Lucky only 2 conceded
Fans leaving on 75th minute is disgusting
We didn't need signings is a myth generated by Levy sold to Poch and to some fans too
Extreme dissapointment

Last edited:
Yet our worst players were ones you wouldnt have replaced with signings anyway.....unless you wanted Kane and Eriksen benched, then I take it back.

Exactly.

It's our senior players that have been letting us down.
As for Lloris, I certainly hope his injury is genuine because if it's not and he isn't playing because he was pissed when driving then he needs to get the fuck out of our club as he would have let us down badly. If it is genuine then fair enough.

Dare I say it but could have done with Sissoko this game.
Someone who grafts his balls off spoiling, winning the ball etc.

Would have been better to play Davies and Aurier in a back 4.

What with most of our team playing on Tuesday night, picking up knocks too for England & the KO time it may have been better to rest Dier, Trippier, Rose and Kane.

Wanyama and Lamela haven’t had much game time, just coming back from injure but Dier and Kane have had maybe too much.
We could have started with

Vorm
Aurier Alderwiereld Vertonghen Davies
Wanyama
Dembele Eriksen
Lamela Lucas
Son

Wanyama, Lamela and Lucas maybe would have been a bit more sharp and on it.
If they tire after 60 /70 mins you swap them and change formation.

Kane hasn’t been the same player since he had his kids.
It must take a toll on him, unless he doesn’t interact at all.
Factor that in with all the football and it’s a fucking miracle he has done so much.

He needs a little of the pressure taken off him.
But who else is there.
Lamela, Eriksen, Son and Lucas have goals in them.

If you give Kane a rest go with a mobile speedy front 3 imo.

Exactly.

As for Lloris, I certainly hope his injury is genuine because if it's not and he isn't playing because he was pissed when driving then he needs to get the fuck out of our club as he would have let us down badly. If it is genuine then fair enough.

Yep....some players are getting away with murder and sadly they are the ones you expect to drag the level up.
But they dont step up.....they hide, and sucked down into the shit.

I thought these guys could walk into Barca and Reals start 11?

For all my views on Gareth Bale, THAT was what a world class player does when surrounded by under performers and bad tactics.

He gets angry, fucks what the manager said about posession, fucks every cunt around him, runs with it on his own for 50 yards and smashes the fucking cunt into the top corner.
Kane used to do it, Dele used to do it. Eriksen never has run game for me though. Needs to fucking man up.

Exactly.

Im sure the Injury is genuine..would have played for France, and wouldn't have played against Man U

Back
Top Bottom