Sporting CP vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 13th September 2022 @17:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yanks out of the EPL.
I knew eventually they'd start with this shit...what's next..cheerleaders, time outs, helmets...they ruin everything they touch...I tried to watch an MFL game to understand...they seem to all dress up in stupid clothes and face paint...it's like nursery school...next up. Oxford v Cambridge and all universities will become irrelevant teaching institutions attached to the sports teams...we cannot let the cancer of America have ANY influence whatsoever on OUR game....
West Ham had cheerleaders years ago.
Went to a game once and they were in the concession area. One of them spoke to me. Might be because I have all my teeth and no tattoos on my head. She was quite nice looking but no one is attractive in that colour combo.

Look, it’s not the apocalypse but that was a poor team performance.

And to overlook Conte’s reluctance to rotate and use his squad is naive at best and insanity at worst.

That is the most worrying point to take from this season thus far for me. It’s becoming a theme.

Conte:
Don't forget that in Europe in all away games last season we lost - against Pacos de Ferreira, against VItesse, Against Mura. And then we drew with Rennes but we deserved also to lose to Rennes. It means that maybe we have to d o something more in the future - especially as we are in the Champions League, before we were in the Conference League. I think we did an important step forward but now we have to show that we deserve to stay there.

PACOSA0-1L
RENNESA2-2D
VITESSEA0-1L
MURAA1-2L

The morning after the night before……. I am not going to dwell on the performance and result.
Lisbon is an amazing city which my wife and I have really enjoyed exploring. The atmosphere pre game in Rossio Square was fantastic, the journey to the game was stress free and it’s another stadium to add to our list. But by far the best thing was meeting up with our fellow forum members deadlyledley (and his mate) and MrsP- being able to share the experience with such warm, genuine, lovely people (who share our passion and dedication for our wonderful club) was absolutely wonderful.Victories and defeats come and go and there will be plenty more of both but it is the fans who are the fabric and heartbeat of the club and both deadlyledley and MrsP are shining examples of the very best of us.
Roll on Leicester…. COYS!!!!!
Great words.

Can only echo these comments.

Bit late to be posting this, been a mad few days since coming back from Portugal.

Hopefully will meet you both in Frankfurt perhaps?

Got back today after a great trip to a lovely city. Sadly saw some of our younger fans abusing bar staff in the square, and stewards at the ground
Have to say that after all the time, effort and not inconsiderable cost, that performance was totally unacceptable.
This sort of dross was supposed to be a thing of the past, too many poor individual performances against an inferior side. It would appear that we are not entirely free of our bottling reputation. or as my old school reports used to say, 'Could do better.'
Not sure if you noticed.

But only Hugo, Dier and Kane came over to the away supporters after the game to applaud us.

I was fuming after that. Conte and all the other players just went straight down the tunnel.

However we did bring in a bunch of players? Remember he only plays 2 in CM so no room for attacking player. Also we got Ricoh for an inflated price and although his done generally well that is only in comparison to son and Kane stinking the place out generally. Juries out on him but conte wanted him. Surely we could have spent £60M on a better goal scorer?
Conté always has at least one loose canon in his sides. Richarlison is that player. He isn't the best but he creates havoc. I agree I wouldn't have bought him at that price. But he's probably the only player Conté had any say it in.

Conté always has at least one loose canon in his sides. Richarlison is that player. He isn't the best but he creates havoc. I agree I wouldn't have bought him at that price. But he's probably the only player Conté had any say it in.

Cos yeh.... He def had no part in signing the last LWB that played for him from his former club. :contefacepalm2:

Back
Top Bottom