Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic on Friday's title-chasing opponents: "I have nothing but praise for them. When I watch them I wonder how Chelsea made that gap, but they had two periods without Harry Kane.
"Spurs are in form, but they've been in form for two months. We are positive, four unbeaten and three clean sheets in four games.
"Yes, they are electric, with confidence, pace, passing and changing positions and everything, but our form also improved.
"Spurs are very versatile. Sometimes you know where the ball is going but you can't stop it because of the quality."

love these compliments from other managers and players, eddie howe was bigging us up after their game too.

in a moment of boredom at work I had a look at their matchday thread. I was astonished at the posts by so many of them, attempting to deride us for believing that we are rivals of theirs, as if we were somehow obsessed by them. One of their posters actually attempted to belittle us by pointing out that their one true rivals were Millwall, and rubbished us for the fact that we were actually the poor rivals to the goons.
Rivals are a constant foe who you always want to beat because of the fact that they are on a level or better than you, coupled with a geographic proximity, under usual circumstances. ie the goons are rivals to us, but Barnet are not.
It seemed lost to the daft sod that they aspired to be rivals to a third tier team, where we actually considered a team that has qualified for the worlds greatest club competition for the last 20 years, to be someone we want to beat, and better.
It also made me laugh that they think we are obsessed by them, without ever realising that our only obsession was our astonishment that they continue to imagine that we would ever consider that there was some degree of equality between Spurs and their tragedy of a club.
When you add in their joy at the belief that they are responsible for stopping us win last years title, it simply cements the belief that we all share, that their supporters have some sort of collective comprehension difficulty. I think the PC term is that they are "challenged."

When it sank to posts about us using swear words (where theirs are blanked out by a swear filter) I almost felt sorry for them.
Almost.....
Ricky-Gervais-Stupid-www.befreetoday.com_.au_-1024x724.jpg

I've heard it all now, a West Ham fan slating Spurs because WE consider THEM rivals.
Most Spurs fans don't......I on the other hand value the fixture.
Woolwich, Chelsea, West Ham.....in that order are the games I get most riled up for.

It doesn't put Wham in the same bracket, but their is a history and a locality which I think is important.

The Wham fans that try and play down their feelings are just on a damage limitation excercise....however if they beat us tonight, they will have indeed won their second World Cup, a mural will go up on the OS about it and the talk will be "shall we sign Kane and Dele".
Brady will say they need another tier on the stadium next season because of all the renewals, and maybe they can push for Europe with 3 games left because apparently 12 clubs get CL this season. And they can win it.

The reality is that West Ham are just like Real Madrid. And beating Spurs has made them all see it.....it's a time to be alive, to unite and put that great club back on the map. Gold will compare it to DDay on twitter.

Even though Spurs are just a shit club from ars.nal.

Never really got that.....how can we be from a tube station?

It is indeed their only motivation. I can't get my head around that mentality, thank god I've never had too.

Martin-Freeman-What-the-fuck-is-that.gif

I can't believe that's real. Good lord.
Five Talking Points – Tottenham Hotspur | West Ham United

It's so funny to see clubs desperately trying to remain significant. 'Oh we can be the team that ended their title hopes!'

Like last year Chelsea, acting like they won the league single-handedly for Leicester.

Nobody cares about you West ham, please stop.
Jesus wept. It's not like we're level on points with Chelsea. We could win all our games and still miss out.

I notice that West Brom don't claim that they ended our title chances last season - despite the fact that they probably did a lot more damage than anyone else (Chelsea confirmed it, but it was already lost at that point).

1) how did THEY stop us winning the league? Chelsea also beat us once and are above us, I'd say THEY stopped us winning the league.

2) How have we bottled it? We won 9 out the last 10 games.

3) We were poor and didn't turn up as promised

4) That ground is even shitter than I thought ( and I thought it was shitter than shit before the game)

5) We are 35 pts above them and they think they've had a better season now.

6) No club in England has a smaller mentality than them.

7) That ground is shit

8) Walker was poor again.

9) It's been a great season and we'll still finish 2nd, our highest finish and highest points tally.

10) That ground is shit

11) How has Rachel Riley been dragged into this???

12) A league match is the biggest night in their history

13) They may think they have one up on us but we are 35pts ahead of them and have CL football AGAIN, something they can only dream of. but above everything we know that from now until the end of time we will be playing football in a fantastic stadium and they are stuck with the biggest abomination in world sport..They have no other option, that's it for them, that is their future.
I don't know if I mentioned it but that stadium is Shit, the view is worse than pathetic, the atmosphere is laughable, they only sang a bit once they scored or when they were prompted from the tannoy man.
They know they are fucked, they know they won't ever catch us, they know we will continue to improve whilst they continue to fall.
I'm afraid one league game doesn't change any of that..

Enjoy your 5 minutes of fame because you all know what the future holds..

:avbcringe:

Found over on KUMB

153809932,width=300,height=300,appearanceId=411.jpg

"Free with every season ticket renewal!

Wear yours to the open top bus parade, to be in with a chance of winning a signed copy of The Rise Of The Krays."

Pathetic.

I've got a great idea, i'll join their forum and press the disagree button 1,000 times, that will show them.:eriksenlol::eriksenlol:

Just think, that Prick actually took time out of his day to join the forum and go through all of that just so he could disagree..
They're special..

I know they are all reading this so beware as I know where you all live.

th

in a moment of boredom at work I had a look at their matchday thread. I was astonished at the posts by so many of them, attempting to deride us for believing that we are rivals of theirs, as if we were somehow obsessed by them. One of their posters actually attempted to belittle us by pointing out that their one true rivals were Millwall, and rubbished us for the fact that we were actually the poor rivals to the goons.
Rivals are a constant foe who you always want to beat because of the fact that they are on a level or better than you, coupled with a geographic proximity, under usual circumstances. ie the goons are rivals to us, but Barnet are not.
It seemed lost to the daft sod that they aspired to be rivals to a third tier team, where we actually considered a team that has qualified for the worlds greatest club competition for the last 20 years, to be someone we want to beat, and better.
It also made me laugh that they think we are obsessed by them, without ever realising that our only obsession was our astonishment that they continue to imagine that we would ever consider that there was some degree of equality between Spurs and their tragedy of a club.
When you add in their joy at the belief that they are responsible for stopping us win last years title, it simply cements the belief that we all share, that their supporters have some sort of collective comprehension difficulty. I think the PC term is that they are "challenged."

When it sank to posts about us using swear words (where theirs are blanked out by a swear filter) I almost felt sorry for them.
Almost.....
Ricky-Gervais-Stupid-www.befreetoday.com_.au_-1024x724.jpg

West Ham have the right to play to their strengths, not ours.
I've never been a fan of the wenger style excuse that they came to defend.

As the team chasing the title, we need to deal with it. Son, Kane and Ally need to do more second half, simple as

Sometimes you have to lose graciously. Give them their moment.
Our season has been brilliant. We have progressed.
It's nothing to do with bottling it. We have dropped less points than Chelsea since January. It's just a shame we had the injuries and inconsistency at the beginning. Mistakes that gave draws to Leicester and West Brom. Should have maybe beaten Everton too.
We are nowhere near Chelsea squad wise, neither to the others.
Get some perspective.

We never bottled it .
We were the only team who got in touching distance while everyone else failed .This wasn't our worst performance, that was away to Liverpool and Manure .
The Cockney cowboys are an irrelevance to me , They have a shit team , shit ground and shit owners .
I am proud of this team as they were magnificent at times , way above what was expected of them .

Last edited:
If anybody thinks we've "bottled the title this season" they're absolutely mental. Just like last season people are itching to label us bottlers, when in reality we were never in a position of power. People had us finishing outside the top 4 before the season started, we've had an incredible season

It's unbelievable to me how many people are taking such glee from our title hopes being ended. So many people come out of the woodwork every time we have a setback to tell the world just how much they hate us and how 'unlikable' we are and how much undeserved media attention we get. It's like these people live in a fucking bizzaro world where we are the bad guys and Chelsea are the plucky heroes.

And so many of them talking about how much they hate Dele. It's like they've never seen a kid who had a troubled childhood and now acts a little tough to compensate. They only focus on his few negatives and ignore just what a hugely exciting and special talent he is. Or how much his game and attitude have improved over such a short time at such a young age, and having only come up to the PL so recently.

They go on and on about how we haven't won any trophies so we are not worthy to be talked up or get any attention. Because obviously that's the only thing that matters in life, winning. That's what the world breaks down to, a handful of winners who are deserving of all the love and attention no matter how they got where they are, and then just masses of losers who should be ignored or mocked at all times. So we should all only focus on teams like Chelsea who just happened to be in the right place and the right time when a scumbag criminal oil baron decided to spend his ill gotten money to prop them up and win trophies at any cost. Regardless of how they carry themselves, who plays for them, who manages them, how they play the game, who their fans are; none of it fucking matters, as long as you are winning games and getting trophies.

Honestly I never expected us to win the title in the first place, I was just happy to see us playing so well, enjoying ourselves and progressing on all levels. So I'm not all that torn up over this loss, but it fucking annoys me just how warped people's perceptions are over our status and character.

Back
Top Bottom