Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha it was pretty lacklustre today but in all honesty i was bracing myself for that kind of performance and result. We were due a disappointing game. Just hope it dont fuck us up mentally cause we need confidence for some big games coming up.

I want to see lamela take more risks with his play. He showed decent promise when he came back from injury but slowly gone off the boil again whenever called upon.

Confident that we will get a win in the next game. COYS!

Always stood by the argument that you don't bring off a goalscorer when you need a goal, so for me despite him being very quiet son had to stay on the pitch today.

How often do you see someone do absolutely nothing for 90 mins and then grab a goal in injury time? Sons done it himself a few times.

The main issue today was the midfield didn't show for the ball enough, they were asking the full backs and Sanchez to skip 2-3 saints players in order to feed it into feet. Jan is capable of it but the others are not and most of attacks were halted before they even started.

Dembele and dier wernt at the races, it's a shame winks was out because I think he would of added something we lacked today.

saints got their tactics right today and we didn't have a plan b. At times it felt like we were just hoping the issues would resolve themselves.

Let's not give up hope though. Was confident of top 4 before the game, the others will drops points between now and May.

Our next fixtures... :avbshock:

DUFVuccX4AA9FNE.jpg:large

We'll be lucky to get 12 points from this and I don't think that'll be enough for top 4...
Bring it the fuck on. That's what football is all about. The next 3 weeks are exciting. I think today will light a fire under them. Seemed like they were coasting today.

A silly game, what it amounts to is 2 shots on target today, which might justify the Son substitution, that was partly down to the conditions, very slow and not very effective approach work and scrappy passing. All of that said, had Sanchez not scored the own goal, we'd have probably got away with a lucky win.

Yes, we missed Eriksen and Dembele was off form and arguably lucky not to get a yellow earlier. With the conditions it was reminscent of Swansea, which was a tough old game too. If Sissoko could shoot I'd have sworn we'd have scored in the first half, I still ended up swearing.

I should think the virus had some part to play and now all we can do is put that behind us, get players fit and move on, nothing is going to happen in the window, we just need this squad firing on all cylinders and back. Every team will have this moment, only this time last week our friends down the road capitulated at Bournemouth, what's to say Liverpool might drop a couple of points at Swansea tomorrow.

Ultimately the next 3 prem games will show us how good this squad is, if we're not good enough for top 4, we won't finish there and life will go on.

As annoying as it, anyone on here who has supported our great club for any length of time should not be too surprised by this sort of lack lustre performance. We can be unplayable at times and piss poor in the same week. We will play this poor again before the season is over and play some teams off the park. That's Spurs, it's what we do.

As annoying as it, anyone on here who has supported our great club for any length of time should not be too surprised by this sort of lack lustre performance. We can be unplayable at times and piss poor in the same week. We will play this poor again before the season is over and play some teams off the park. That's Spurs, it's what we do.
I'm not sure if it is a mental thing. We tend to have these kind of games ahead of or just after big games. And we have a series of them coming up. Like the players are so focused on United, Woolwich, Pool and Juve that they are forgetting about Southampton

It’s the lack of options from the bench that continues to piss me off - a day like today where we need an impact player/game changer(s) to come off the bench and push us over the line to get the 3 points. I don’t see and have never understood those that can’t see we are short.

Not worried about our next fixtures to be honest. It's these sort of games that we struggle in.. We'll beat Man Utd and Woolwich. Not sure about Liverpool.

With eriksen back in the side we have a chance, but even then I’m not so confident. We are not the same side as last season in the league. There’s still time to rectify things. Really want us to go for the fa cup this year, we need to show we can win trophies.

We all know we have a Top 4 1st team... problem is, with Toby out for most of the season, Wanyama only just coming back in, Dele not quite himself, and Eriksen/Lloris out today... we look painfully thin beyond our best XI... which, if i'm not mistaken, we haven't been able to field once yet this season...

A January signing always feels like a panic measure, but make no mistake, 'Agent' Sanchez will no doubt be lining up against us when we play Utd in 2 weeks... and they don't seem to be panicking!
We need to fight fire with fire, and go all out to sign one or two that will make a difference... and not the type of signings we simply loan back for the rest of the season to help someone else!
To dare is too dear mate

Can't understand how Dele Alli never gets subbed out. Is he sucking POch's cock or something?
Why would you take off a player who scored 2 less goals,9, than Son and is leading in assist with 10?
He usually is shit most of the time.
Son was obviously ill and played becuase with him and Dele we have more goals in us.
And they are then two top assisters in the team put out today.
Davies would have been the best assisternwithout Son and Dele on.
What do you do, take Dele off and put on Lamela on and reduce our chances of a goal and a killer pass and keep a sick son on,
Lamella, Sissoko, Dembele and Dier have less assists (4) than Ben Davies (5) between them.
Those first 4 plus Wanayama and Llorente have 4 goals and 5 assists between them
Son didn’t look energised as he usually is imo.
The reason Son came off was becuase it was probably pre ordained becuase of illness and the busy schedule. We we hoping to be in front, which we would have been but for an own goal.
You don’t take off second best goal scorer when you need a goal.
Just as Son does fuck all most games and scores so does Dele. Son came off he wasn’t well.
Otherwise it would have been sissoko for Lamela and the balance still there.

Back
Top Bottom