Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But Spurs are playing against 12 men every week. Did anybody see referee (not my) Friend warning Eric Dier early at a corner coz he complained he was being held by a Soton player? Ref was pointing he would send him off. That trend continued all the way through the match, Harry Kane, England's centre-forward being treated like dirt and zero protection.

That's why other teams can have "off days" and win and Spurs drop points. Woolwich have a 'force-field' around them, which if you cross into and they lose the ball, it's a free kick for them. Chelsea the same!

I wish more Tottenham fans would make their voices heard about this FA conspiracy which has been going for over 10 years. They should sing insulting songs about the next rotten referee at Wembley, I don't know what ones are best, but I would join in. Also Sky is Woolwich TV, Gary Neville saying he thought "Uhoh" when he thought Harry Kane would score the winner, proving they hate Tottenham!
I admit to being a conspiracy theorist myself sometimes mate, but your taking things to a whole new level here.

Is this what Spurs fans have become,
Rounding on the manager and cunting players who have done well for us.
Spain the problem ignoring the flu bug that’s been around since November.
Ignoring Pochettino saying that some players are not feeling 100% but we can’t make excuses.

Ignoring the conditions the sick players are playing in.
One dire performance.
Are we becoming like Woolwich?

what-a-load-of-old-shit.jpg

We had 3 fucking Windows to improve our attacking options but decided to go for cheap punts rather than top quality wingers/AMs.

Eriksen is sick for one day and we look like a conference side.

Bad performance but they happen.
Let's not all throw our toys from the pram and demand we buy someone we have never heard of because of it.
These players have been fantastic for us over a few seasons now and have very high ceilings which they have yet to meet.
Eriksen makes the difference for me in this game and getting the flu is an act of god.
Onwards and upwards.
It's on Poch today. Getting very bored with 70th minute substitutions when everyone can see we need a change before 45 has been played. And as for the starting lineup, I try not to groan but you know what kind of day you're up for when you see Sissoko, Dier and Dembele all in the midfield.

Sissoko has to go imo. It's not just his own game, he ruins the shape of our team. I guarantee you if Lamela had been on with Dembele and Dier behind, we would have at least looked like Spurs.

I feel unfair saying that as I think he was relatively OK today, but the problem is I shouldn't thinking "well done for not being shit today".

Poch has got to take some criticism for today. His inability and refusal to make a sub before 60 mins (regardless of everything) is beginning to piss me off. Not saying it would've changed anything today (as the whole team were piss poor) but he's gotta be more pro-active.

And the Subs he made were bemusing... Son off was weird and also bringing Wanyama on instead of Llorente was strange..

Whatever. If Levy bought Llorente above Pochs head (refuted by Llorente himself) then it was a silly thing to do.
That doesnt excuse Pochettino for putting ego before the good of this football club though, if this is the situation we are talking about.

You put the team first. Always.

If he looked at that shitfest today and thought Dele or Wanyama was more likely to win the game than Llorente, then I have no words.
It was a terrible, terrible managerial cock up, and as much as I like the man, today was a fucking joke.
If Sanchez hadn't made his mistake or Kane had put away his late chance I guarantee you nobody would be bemoaning Poch's selection or tactics right now.

Some slack needs to be given to the terrible playing conditions and the suggestion that some of the players had the two bob bits. I've been reading elsewhere online that it was our worst performance this season. I personally don't think that's true. A lot of hyperbole out there.

They’ll build a wall , we’ll score our first in the 26 min , they’ll capitulate , we’ll score 2 more & theyll Fluke a consolation

They’re you go, you don’t need to watch now , so go to church instead . I hear it’s a real hoot

I don't disagree that you have that opinion. I'm disagreeing with your belief that he is a better choice than Vorm.

Ah that's different. I did say I'D prefer.. No problem with anyone disagreeing with what I say but it's better to discuss than to press the x button.

For me Gazzzniga is a good keeper and one who could make it so for that reason i'd like to see him gain match experience. He did it before and was excellent. I'm not saying Vorm isn't.

Back
Top Bottom