Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Both him and Lamela have had chances to impress but have been shit. It was the latter's turn to come on and be shit last night so you'd imagine Lucas will get his chance to come on and be shit against Southampton.
And as per, a night of Spurs success you just can't resist having a dig at our players.

No wonder cats are your only friends.

Cunt.

I was wrong about Lamela. I didn't think he was good enough for Spurs because I don't think he's good enough for a top 4 team. I'm still right about this, but we're not a top 4 club anymore (absolutely no chance this season) so by default he has become good enough for us.

Which is ridiculous!

Thanks Mike Dean you little weasel

Ok for Klopp to race on to the pitch to celebrate a goal though

I do think there's a slight difference to what Poch did and Klopp celebrating a goal.

Klopp did get a fine for it though as we was charged on one account. Pochettino has been charged on two accounts which is the fine and the ban.

I mean, Poch KNOWS he done wrong, he apologised after it so he can't really be too surprised. Just a shame he never told us what Dean said considering he's got the ban now anyway.

Do we want Winks and Alli to go away with England?

One could argue that it’ll do Winks good to further integrate in to the England set up and with Alli he can get his match fitness up.

On the other hand, would be good to give them the break and at Spurs Lodge.

Surely Winksy won’t be fit enough?

This game is massive for us (and them). Badly need all 3 points, win ugly if needed, but just bloody win. Don't want to have 3 weeks off festering over more dropped points with the others up our arse and the Dippers next.

Poch probably feels in regards to Lucas that it's pointless bringing him off the bench unless he's desparate because he's usually absolutely wank coming off the bench and dosnst contribute anything. Barcelona aside. Will always be remembered for that atleast.

Whereas Lamela has proven to contribute this season as most of his goals and assists have come after coming on.

Almost as if its a start or nothing for Lucas. I'd start him this weekend though.

Though I think both Lucas AND Lamela have been poor when coming off the bench in the last few months, almost adding nothing but being an 11th man.

Last edited:
I'm going to this one. My first visit to St Mary's, as had only been to the Dell in the past.
Obviously, the three points are the be-all and the end-all. Can't believe the players are not aware of that, so no taking it easy and let's go for the jugular.
I'm still as nervous as a new born kitten, though :)

Poch probably feels in regards to Lucas that it's pointless bringing him off the bench unless he's desparate because he's usually absolutely wank coming off the bench and dosnst contribute anything. Barcelona aside. Will always be remembered for that atleast.

Whereas Lamela has proven to contribute this season as most of his goals and assists have come after coming on.

Almost as if its a start or nothing for Lucas. I'd start him this weekend though.

I'm intrigued about the game on Saturday. We won't have a team sitting deep against us like we've seen in the last 3 league games we've faced, the last 6 games in fact so hopefully the players feel liberated by the extra space they'll be allowed. I'd focus on 4 at the back and not getting overrun in the middle of the park.

Last night in the first half we missed an extra body in midfield and it made us lose possession far too frequently, as well as leave us a body short when we had possession and were in attack. I doubt Winks will be fit which is a real shame. Hopefully by the time we play Liverpool we'll be looking at a fully fit squad

So will it be Jesus or Toni making their debut?

giphy.gif

Genuinely don't understand how Moura is no longer in contention - was our best player beginning of the season
If anything he has proven this season that he is a (decent) squad player for us, he certainly hasn't done enough to start if everyone is available.

Last edited:
Lamela had a great chance to play in Kane 1v1 but completely underhit the pass. I like him but I'd rather Lucas play because at least with him you get a bit of individualism. Lamela's the type of player who shines when everyone else is on it.

Though I think both Lucas AND Lamela have been poor when coming off the bench in the last few months, almost adding nothing but being an 11th man.
I think Lucas's confidence is completely shot. But regardless of that, I am very disappointed with him.

Lamela had a great chance to play in Kane 1v1 but completely underhit the pass. I like him but I'd rather Lucas play because at least with him you get a bit of individualism. Lamela's the type of player who shines when everyone else is on it.

Not to mention the one he delayed too long and Kane went offside and the utterly bizarre rugby up and under kick when trying to play Davies in. Whatever Lamela might or might not have been at one time he's utterly gone to shit now and doesn't deserve a place in the team. Lucas at least has moments of magic in him. Thankfully with Dele back either this game or next we shouldn't need to utilize either excessively.

Not to mention the one he delayed too long and Kane went offside and the utterly bizarre rugby up and under kick when trying to play Davies in. Whatever Lamela might or might not have been at one time he's utterly gone to shit now and doesn't deserve a place in the team. Lucas at least has moments of magic in him. Thankfully with Dele back either this game or next we shouldn't need to utilize either excessively.
You literally spend your time, as a West Ham fan, watching Spurs matches, specifically Lamela, to find minor moments to critique and come on here to pipe about.

You are the saddest act I ever did see.

Back
Top Bottom