South Korea Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched Spurs in a preseason friendly in Memphis that was not cheap. People will pay
Yes, but you have to consider the salaries in Thailand. Although it's not a "poor" country still £590 (=25,000 Thai baht) is a heck of a lot of money in Thailand. Yes, clubs need to make money and people are not forced to attend but those prices are totally based on greed.

Same.

I can remember doing preseason on the sand dunes at Deal.

Threw my lungs up after we'd finished doing piggyback shuttle runs up and down the dunes.

But by Christ were we the fittest team in the league after that!

There's no sand in Deal my guy... I'm being pedantic but perhaps you meant Sandwich Bay?

:sonhmm:

Remember the other year when there was some previously unheard of ticket company looking after our friendlies and the prices were crazy? We’ll, I’m assuming the same thing is happening here. I doubt the club gets any of the ticketing money and just an appearance fee. That probably doesn’t help ticket pricing too.

Remember the other year when there was some previously unheard of ticket company looking after our friendlies and the prices were crazy? We’ll, I’m assuming the same thing is happening here. I doubt the club gets any of the ticketing money and just an appearance fee. That probably doesn’t help ticket pricing too.

The tourmey thing that was held in the uk?

That was down to the organiser/promoter. Ticket companies don't set prices; they just whack on a booking fee.

There's no sand in Deal my guy... I'm being pedantic but perhaps you meant Sandwich Bay?

:sonhmm:
Possibly, it was many years ago. I didn't take much note of the beach names, just that we were down Deal way.

To be fair, describing them as dunes is probably an exaggeration. They were shingle/sand "slopes" that we had to run up and down with another player on our backs.

Fucking brutal it was.

I am sad to report that Chirpy and Lily let us down in the mascot race yesterday.

I am also sad to report that the little hedgehog guy that finished last had not figured out Sonic's rolling technique.

y3f9ops4bgb91.jpg

Torturer in chief getting Tottenham up to speed​

Ventrone drill makes stars vomit...but they still love him!

GIAN PIERO VENTRONE is Antonio Conte’s torturer in chief, the fitness guru with a fearsome reputation charged with turning Tottenham’s players into the fittest and most resilient in the Premier League.

He was dubbed The Marine when he worked at Juventus, where he would pump Ride of the Valkyries out of loud speakers as his players ran, and installed a ‘bell of shame’ to be tolled by the first to drop out.

This week, in 30-degree heat and 70 per cent humidity here in Seoul, his trademark drill — 42 lengths of the pitch covered at a good lick with minimal recovery time — created a scene of devastation. World stars were reduced to trembling physical wrecks and England’s captain Harry Kane was on his knees throwing up.

‘That’s pretty normal,’ said Spurs defender Matt Doherty. ‘Even the week before in London was along those lines. I don’t know if there will be any teams fitter than us.

‘This is hard, the hardest pre-season I’ve had. It’s not like anything I’ve done before.

‘But you get a great satisfaction once the session is over. Your mind has been tortured in the middle of it but when it’s done you feel proud and you go to bed thinking, “Yeah, I’ve worked hard today”. You’re just thinking, “Don’t quit”. Even if you crawl over the line or you have to jog or walk towards the end.

‘It’s that determination the manager has instilled in us to keep going and never quit.’

With no Wagner operas to pump through the speakers in Seoul’s World Cup Stadium, Ventrone urged local fans to cheer his players through the pain. Once they finished and recovered enough energy to get back to their feet he gave them a cuddle, smile and word of encouragement.

Conte, who came under his instruction as a player at Juventus, likes to joke that 62-year-old Ventrone has gone soft.

‘It’s funny because normally when you have a fitness coach like that who is running you ragged you start to not like him — but we all absolutely love him,’ said Doherty. ‘We’ve got so much respect for him that we do whatever he tells us to.’

Doherty missed the final seven games of last season with a knee injury and has worked through the summer to make sure he is in shape to compete for a place in Conte’s new-look team.

‘My plan is to stay and fight for my place,’ he said. ‘We’ve got an exciting season ahead. Why would I want to go anywhere else?’

Torturer in chief getting Tottenham up to speed​

Ventrone drill makes stars vomit...but they still love him!

GIAN PIERO VENTRONE is Antonio Conte’s torturer in chief, the fitness guru with a fearsome reputation charged with turning Tottenham’s players into the fittest and most resilient in the Premier League.

He was dubbed The Marine when he worked at Juventus, where he would pump Ride of the Valkyries out of loud speakers as his players ran, and installed a ‘bell of shame’ to be tolled by the first to drop out.

This week, in 30-degree heat and 70 per cent humidity here in Seoul, his trademark drill — 42 lengths of the pitch covered at a good lick with minimal recovery time — created a scene of devastation. World stars were reduced to trembling physical wrecks and England’s captain Harry Kane was on his knees throwing up.

‘That’s pretty normal,’ said Spurs defender Matt Doherty. ‘Even the week before in London was along those lines. I don’t know if there will be any teams fitter than us.

‘This is hard, the hardest pre-season I’ve had. It’s not like anything I’ve done before.

‘But you get a great satisfaction once the session is over. Your mind has been tortured in the middle of it but when it’s done you feel proud and you go to bed thinking, “Yeah, I’ve worked hard today”. You’re just thinking, “Don’t quit”. Even if you crawl over the line or you have to jog or walk towards the end.

‘It’s that determination the manager has instilled in us to keep going and never quit.’

With no Wagner operas to pump through the speakers in Seoul’s World Cup Stadium, Ventrone urged local fans to cheer his players through the pain. Once they finished and recovered enough energy to get back to their feet he gave them a cuddle, smile and word of encouragement.

Conte, who came under his instruction as a player at Juventus, likes to joke that 62-year-old Ventrone has gone soft.

‘It’s funny because normally when you have a fitness coach like that who is running you ragged you start to not like him — but we all absolutely love him,’ said Doherty. ‘We’ve got so much respect for him that we do whatever he tells us to.’

Doherty missed the final seven games of last season with a knee injury and has worked through the summer to make sure he is in shape to compete for a place in Conte’s new-look team.

‘My plan is to stay and fight for my place,’ he said. ‘We’ve got an exciting season ahead. Why would I want to go anywhere else?’

I hope Perisic, Langlet, Spence etc. are allowed to catch up on all the fun when the lads get home. :)

Whoever puked can go again. :kanegoal:

Yes, but you have to consider the salaries in Thailand. Although it's not a "poor" country still £590 (=25,000 Thai baht) is a heck of a lot of money in Thailand. Yes, clubs need to make money and people are not forced to attend but those prices are totally based on greed.

The data in the link is completely wrong, actual average salary per month is less than the ticket price. (£300~£400)

Back
Top Bottom