South Korea Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

N'dombat

batman GIF

Just watched that infamous end of session run.

14 sets of three laps of the pitch. Works out at 2.74 mile (presuming it’s the standard 105 meter length) and they did it in 16 minutes. That’s a pace of 5:50 per mile.

Fastest I can do 3 mile in is 19:30. 6:30 per mile.

So they can do 3 mile in about 17:30 after two hours of training. Maybe 18 min without the breaks. They are absolute beasts.

Harry dropped out after 8. Son, PEH and Bissouma after 10. Most of the rest of the lads did the full 14.

Last edited:

COMMENT

D-v-8

I watched Korean coverage of the session and the run was brutal. Sanchez, Gil, Pape Matar Sarr and Troy Parrot's fitness levels were incredible and won't go unnoticed by Conte I'm sure.

Last edited:
Just watched that infamous end of session run.

14 sets of three laps of the pitch. Works out at 2.74 mile (presuming it’s the standard 105 meter length) and they did it in 16 minutes. That’s a pace of 5:50 per mile.

Fastest I can do 3 mile in is 19:30. 6:30 per mile.

So they can do 3 mile in about 17:30 after two hours of training. Maybe 18 min without the breaks. They are absolute beasts.

Harry dropped out after 8. Son, PEH and Bissouma after 10. Most of the rest of the lads did the full 14.
hope the fitness coaches know what they are doing, a lot of these guys only came back to training friday,
yes they will have trained/kept fit in their holidays but running till they fall does not sound good to me

hope the fitness coaches know what they are doing, a lot of these guys only came back to training friday,
yes they will have trained/kept fit in their holidays but running till they fall does not sound good to me

Imagine doubting professional fitness coaches who are being paid to train multi million pound assets and athletes.

Ok Steve Nicol.

This brings back so many memories for me.

Pre season conditioning is not for the faint hearted.

Also you've never known grown adults whine like children in your life. I used to work with a guy who was ex British Army. He made mincemeat of the players we were working with.
Same.

I can remember doing preseason on the sand dunes at Deal.

Threw my lungs up after we'd finished doing piggyback shuttle runs up and down the dunes.

But by Christ were we the fittest team in the league after that!

after all that training, all that running, fatigue, exhaustion, son still found the energy to walk up and down both full flanks of the pitch to greet every fan and make their day out that little bit more special.

what a bloke!

Back
Top Bottom