Should AVB go if we miss top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It really does pollute all football discussion from the start of every season onwards. It would be nice if everybody thought about winning the cups, beating our rivals, etc instead. What you gonna do though, eh - no denying the top four has become the main target for our club and loads of other clubs like ours around Europe.
nothing I can do but pray thay murdoch hands over the reigns to his incompetent son and soon. some of us could try educating people. but that's doomed to condescension and ultimately failure.
cynicism is the future bitchez! you heard it here first.

Instead of saying "AVB has spent ____ if we don't finish top 5 he should be sacked"

People should see it as

"We have given AVB ____ to spend building his team, is it really worth it (or sane) to now sack him?!"

No, the competition is fierce this year and as long as we stay competing at the right end of the table he should stay aslong as possible imho. At some point you have to make a stand and go with what you have, chopping and changing managers every other season is fuckn pointless and keeps you in a constant state of transition with new managers wanting different players. AVB is at the right age to lead us for many a season and is very professional, tactically astute and a good face/voice for the club. Bar a total meltdown the bloke should be given a decade to really stabilize the club and give us some real continuity like the scum, manure and Everton have enjoyed and prospered from. People calling for AVBs head already are fucking idiots with agendas beyond football.

I know the press have been building us up because of all the 'talent' we brought in over the summer but I am not convinced that there has been much of an improvement and the way I see it Liverpool are a good bet for top four this season so if Manure at least turn it round to a certain degree I can see it ending up ;

1/ Citeh
2/ Woolwich
3/ Chelski
4/Liverpool
5/Manure
6/ US!!!

I know that might sound shockingly pessimistic to some of you but I have watched a lot of football this season and looking at the squads I am not convinced that we are going to make top 4! Do you think if the worst happens, and we miss out again, that AVB should go considering the money he has spent on what I frankly think are a mixed bunch?
:avbfu::avbfu::avbfu::avbfu::avbfu::avbfu:

AVB is far from the finished article and there are obviously better managers out there right now.
He has been a top flight football manager for about 5 years max and I do think this shows.
However the difference between the squad dynamic in Chelsea and Spurs shows that he is learning and can pick things up quickly. He has improved his man management skills and I'm sure the Levy will give him 3 or 4 seasons to prove that he can learn the tactical business too.

If we miss on the top 4, so be it. But we must be mixing it with the top teams. Which we are.

AVB should not go. Why let a manager spend 100mil building a squad to sack him? Stupid idea.

I would kill for a cup though. League cup will do.

I want AVB to stay and learn the management game with us. I am a little bit concerned about his comments earlier this year stating that he would retire early so he can do the Paris Dhaka or something like that. Not sure how this will work out long term, but to me he seems like a passionate guy and not one to leave a job half done.

Devil's Advocart here, but just because you give someone a shed load of dosh to spend does not mean they are shit at their job. It could mean you are shit at your job.

To clarify. I love AVB. Well, as long as he manages us and manages us well.

Standard question, but if we were to miss out on top 4 can anyone name a realistic manager who could come to us better than AVB? I certainly can't.

Hmmmmm interesting insight into the psyche of the ever-deluded dust bin lids in their natural habitat! You sold a match-winner and padded out your squad with more tat! Refreshing to see that some of you seem to be coming to terms with the fact that the only difference this year is that this false dawn is a more expensive variety in relation to last years and the year before that and every other of this endless debacle. Truly a case of '61 never again! Forever In Our Shadow Be

Ah HA!

He cleverly duped us!

The Saturday morning cartoon villain then reveals himself on the second page!

Will he be banned?

YES!

Tune in next week for MORE...

TALES OF BULLSHIT!

If you're gonna argue "we've spent £100m+ so....", isn't it equally valid to argue "we've lost £120m worth of talent over the summer and are still in the hunt for the Top 4'?

No, aslong as it's 5th and not 10th I would want him to stay as he's probably still the best man for the job and he needs time to get the best out of the players he's purchased and given how Levy has backed him financially it would be silly to off him. Also as someone else pointed out who would we get as a replacement? who's attainable? sadly we're not on the world level to be wooing a guy like Klopp away from Dortmund and as much as I like Laudrup I think he's tad overrated and don't think he'd get us to a level AVB can't.

HtDnU05.gif

Hmmmmm interesting insight into the psyche of the ever-deluded dust bin lids in their natural habitat! You sold a match-winner and padded out your squad with more tat! Refreshing to see that some of you seem to be coming to terms with the fact that the only difference this year is that this false dawn is a more expensive variety in relation to last years and the year before that and every other of this endless debacle. Truly a case of '61 never again! Forever In Our Shadow Be
fuck_off_jack_nicholson.gif

Just picture 30,000 yids bouncing about Wembley, flags and banners out on show. Five hours in the Green man pre-kick off and the chance of silverware!

The only time I've been to Wembley was 24 Feb 2008. One of those memories that will help me go with a little bit more peace when it's time :ledley:

How great would it be to see AVB lift up a trophy with the lads, any trophy, and especially if it was against the Chavs :avbdamn:

By the way.

Dustbin lids. To rhyme with Yids.

Is that the most convoluted rhyme possible?

Talk to West Ham fans - as true Cockneys to a man, they should help you in the words-that-sound-like-other-words department.

Back
Top Bottom