Should AVB go if we miss top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know the press have been building us up because of all the 'talent' we brought in over the summer but I am not convinced that there has been much of an improvement and the way I see it Liverpool are a good bet for top four this season so if Manure at least turn it round to a certain degree I can see it ending up ;

1/ Citeh
2/ Woolwich
3/ Chelski
4/Liverpool
5/Manure
6/ US!!!

I know that might sound shockingly pessimistic to some of you but I have watched a lot of football this season and looking at the squads I am not convinced that we are going to make top 4! Do you think if the worst happens, and we miss out again, that AVB should go considering the money he has spent on what I frankly think are a mixed bunch?

Said at the start of the season I wouldn't really blame him if we finished 5th again. Yet again we sold our best player in the summer and had no pre-season, and we're still financially behind 4/5 clubs depending on how you look at it.

That said, he'd probably need to win some silverware for it to be an improvement on last season and justify the sackings of Jol, Ramos, and Arry before him.

I know the press have been building us up because of all the 'talent' we brought in over the summer but I am not convinced that there has been much of an improvement and the way I see it Liverpool are a good bet for top four this season so if Manure at least turn it round to a certain degree I can see it ending up ;

1/ Citeh
2/ Woolwich
3/ Chelski
4/Liverpool
5/Manure
6/ US!!!

I know that might sound shockingly pessimistic to some of you but I have watched a lot of football this season and looking at the squads I am not convinced that we are going to make top 4! Do you think if the worst happens, and we miss out again, that AVB should go considering the money he has spent on what I frankly think are a mixed bunch?

Fuck off and have a wank will you.

:avbfu:

Personally I don't think he should. But would it surprise me if he was sacked if we finished 5th? No unfortunately.

Yes.

I don't think Levy will accept anything less and I would be surprised if AVB has been told anything different.

Miss Top 4 again and players like Lloris, Verts and Sandro will have all manner of clubs after them.

Not an AVB hater either, just think it's obvious the club are aiming to break into that group.

And Liverpool will lose Suarez in January.

I don't think it's fair to jump all over the OP. he's not clammering or avb to leave but asks a relevant question. Personally I'd rather we didn't change manager again for a little while. Unless you have unlimited money like Chelsea or city then it's going to take at least 3 seasons to see the end product of what he's trying to achieve.
Our fans have to stop worrying what other people say and concentrate on what's best for spurs. It's become a situation where a lot of fans seem to want champions league just because Woolwich, Chelsea fans etc use our non participation as a stick to beat us with.
Football is a money game now. Out of the top 6 teams in the country we probably have the 6th Largest budget. Finishing in the top 4 would still be a huge achievement.
AVB should not be seen as a failure if we don't make CL. Although I think a cup win or at least an fa cup/Europa final would definitely help his cause.

No, give him time to build up a squad of players that know his playing style and how he likes to manage - which I believe he is doing this season. I will be disappointed if we don't win a cup/get into a cup final this season after the big amount of spending.
I think Levy should make our top focus for this season is to win a cup.

No, give him time to build up a squad of players that know his playing style and how he likes to manage - which I believe he is doing this season. I will be disappointed if we don't win a cup/get into a cup final this season after the big amount of spending.
I think Levy should make our top focus for this season is to win a cup.

Just the thought of us winning either the FA Cup or Europa League :keane: :avbfu:

the question is the wrong one.
the question that should be asked is, 'is it wrong that people are transfixed by the notion of achieving 'top4' as a benchmark for success in October?'

*sigh*

Just the thought of us winning either the FA Cup or Europa League :keane: :avbfu:
Just picture 30,000 yids bouncing about Wembley, flags and banners out on show. Five hours in the Green man pre-kick off and the chance of silverware!

the question is the wrong one.
the question that should be asked is, 'is it wrong that people are transfixed by the notion of achieving 'top4' as a benchmark for success in October?'

*sigh*

It really does pollute all football discussion from the start of every season onwards. It would be nice if everybody thought about winning the cups, beating our rivals, etc instead. What you gonna do though, eh - no denying the top four has become the main target for our club and loads of other clubs like ours around Europe.

Back
Top Bottom