Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still don't think we should take this one for granted. They're 2nd in the Championship and we've seen what happens when we take these games for granted.

Little rotation, sure. But need to keep it strong and the momentum going.

Forster
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Porro - Sarr - Skipp - Davies
Danjuma - Kane - Richarlison
Is what I'd aim for.
Son was well rested against chavski so I'd do Danjuma, Rich, Son. Sub on Kane and Kulu if things don't work out.

Was with you until you mentioned European nights.

In fact, Poch probably squeezed the last dregs in that CL final run by rotating his squad.

There is a difference between rotating and putting out a poor side. Rotating can make your best 11 into a best 14/15 so you are more resistant to problems caused by injuries.

CL was very different than our other European competitions.

I think one of our biggest problems for the CL final was experience. If we had of reached 1 x Europa cup final it would not have helped a lot.

But we never really focused on that as much as the league either.

Rotation can be looked at two ways. For instance Harry Kane rarely gets subbed. Better for him to have less minutes weekly or the occasional day off

Son was well rested against chavski so I'd do Danjuma, Rich, Son. Sub on Kane and Kulu if things don't work out.

To be fair, it's not even a case of rest for Son. It's more of a statement to say, you haven't performed all season, you're gonna have to work hard to even start against even Championship level.

He's been coasting for too long and it's cost us big time this season.

Seemed OK when we last played midweek for the LC semi. However, I had a raging fever, was high on various cold and flu pills and pissed off my arse, and probably wouldn’t have noticed if there had been a zombie apocalypse.

:parker:
Zombie apocalypse.

Yes! That is how I remember Sheffield

:contesmile:

65512-0de57029-4ef0-46db-86ca-0d010aed0bea.png

:contehandshead:

That is how modern social media fans judge a player these days. Pathetic.

Yeh really winds me up and a poster on the Top 4 thread asked why it bothers me and this is why. Brilliant players like Harry Kane, who’s such a fantastic role model and brilliant player with outstanding personal achievements gets so disrespected by jealous rival fans like this. Every single time Tottenham as a club and Harry Kane in particular are ridiculed and singled out all over social media with stupid shit like this. I get we don’t help ourselves as a club and our trophy haul of recent is pathetic, but why are rival fans so jealous and narrow minded when it comes to Harry? They could only wish they produced a player of his quality in their academies

Yeh really winds me up and a poster on the Top 4 thread asked why it bothers me and this is why. Brilliant players like Harry Kane, who’s such a fantastic role model and brilliant player with outstanding personal achievements gets so disrespected by jealous rival fans like this. Every single time Tottenham as a club and Harry Kane in particular are ridiculed and singled out all over social media with stupid shit like this. I get we don’t help ourselves as a club and our trophy haul of recent is pathetic, but why are rival fans so jealous and narrow minded when it comes to Harry? They could only wish they produced a player of his quality in their academies

Exactly.

Any of our rivals would love to have Harry Kane in their team, and he'd be a nailed on starter perhaps with the exception of City (Haaland).

CL was very different than our other European competitions.

I think one of our biggest problems for the CL final was experience. If we had of reached 1 x Europa cup final it would not have helped a lot.

But we never really focused on that as much as the league either.

Rotation can be looked at two ways. For instance Harry Kane rarely gets subbed. Better for him to have less minutes weekly or the occasional day off

Rotation is about making your squad stronger and keeping more players in form and in rhythm.

It's meant to mean that you don't put out a weakened side, you put out a side that's full of in-form players that can do the job.

Doesn't bother me. Honestly I find it funny when these people reveal themselves to be so dim-witted. They all think they're hilarious too. Absolute morons

Back
Top Bottom