Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another year another wasted season. All too familiar embarrassment that comes with supporting this team.

Can’t wait to hear other cunts opinions at work… must be so easy and nice just picking a team to support and switch off that level of care when they don’t do well. (I’m talking about the average United, Liverpool or even Chelsea fan)

Start a new job next month.. might save myself any future stress and declare I don’t follow football to the new colleagues

Had it with this bloody club! Get out levy and get all all these clinging on squad players

Last edited:
Shockingly bad
3 of those are under conte. Personally he should be sacked for the 3 cup games alone. If he can’t manage more than one gane a week then he is not elite. SU manger, Wilde and cooper have all done him with 2nd string teams, v forest we played a strong line up as well. What was the tactics last night as it looked there wasn’t any just hope a long ball gets to it’s intended target or son pulls off a long range shot. It was sane v forest we did absolute nothing just stroll around.
Conte fan bois can say what they want but this guy needs to go. To not make the goalie make a decent save with all that attacking threat is scandalous.

We still had to navigate 3 games to win this thing. Pretty mental people seem to think win last night we were odds on to even make the final.

I’m guessing no one else watched or went to Norwich , Everton and Middlesbrough games last 3 seasons while advocating we rest players left right and centre. “Let’s play Dele as a centre forward! And put that spilly hands dickhead in goal” FFS.

It’s done. Let’s move on.

Right now we have got more hope of winning the champions league than the FA cup. FACT!!

So no point dwelling in the past.

And at least we know we will put out our strongest team in that competition

“START DANJUMA” says absolutely no-one in the match threads.

And it’s almost the weekend!! Life’s good.

COYS!!!

Not one bit surprised this morning. Saw the team sheet and guessed the outcome.

One day people willl learn. Not sure when.

Looking back through the pre match thread a lot wanted Danjuma to start last night. That’s an issue for me.

A player with 11 minutes premier league experience against a team at home riding high in the championship.

Type of comments about dropping first team players and “that team will be good enough”.

Our league rotation is shit and that translates to players not being ready to play. Sarr 136 minutes. Porro 76 minutes. Moura 94 minutes. That’s 33% of our outfield players with about 300 minutes between them.

Top 4 is our everything. It’s plain to see.

What’s more worrying is that our reliance on Kane is making Peps sarcastic comment true. 2236 minutes played. In 25 games. Ridiculous. Fucking madness.

To be fair to him, Danjuma probably done more in the time he was on last night than the three that started ahead of him.

I wanted him to start. But I also wanted Kane up top. We should only have rested a central midfielder (due to Biss and Bentas injuries), Kulusevski because he's out of form and Emerson.

Should've started with the same back three as Chelsea with Davies at LWB and Richy on the left.

We still had to navigate 3 games to win this thing. Pretty mental people seem to think win last night we were odds on to even make the final.

I’m guessing no one else watched or went to Norwich , Everton and Middlesbrough games last 3 seasons while advocating we rest players left right and centre. “Let’s play Dele as a centre forward! And put that spilly hands dickhead in goal” FFS.

Right now we have got more hope of winning the champions league than the FA cup. FACT!!

COYS!!!

Life is good and yes it is almost the weekend! And this weekend I will not make spurs the focal point of it. That way I’ll ensure I’ll have a great weekend

Btw Sheffield United did not give a toss about this game, made eight changes to focus on the league, and still beat us with relative ease.

Get rid of these embarrassing players who have let this club down every season for the last 5+ years. Club is an absolute state.

They should be forced to run a marathon this morning in training. Maybe the thought of actually working would have made them focus last night.

imho the lack of interest in domestic cups comes from the top down. Real disconnect with the fans.

COYS!!!
The team I support lost a game football so fucking what - yes life is good / I still feel shit though - I think the worst thing was all the talk of the players wanting to win and taking tge FA cup seriously and that lessons from Middlesbrough had been learnt to give hope and excitement - and then they serve up that shite -the team selection and tactics were what Cost us so to my mind it is the management that needs to change!

Looking for positives
We won’t be embarrassed by either of the Manchester clubs at Wembley
Saved a few bob on rip off Wembley tickets
Newcastle away will not now have to be midweek
Less work load should increase our chances of a top 4 finish

Would swap all that in the blink of an eye for a win last night!

We are stuck with a mis-firing Son, until that warehouse full of Son shirts, mugs, posters and novelty keyrings are all sold..

It must be the only explanation for playing him. It is very sad to see.

They should be forced to run a marathon this morning in training. Maybe the thought of actually working would have made them focus last night.

imho the lack of interest in domestic cups comes from the top down. Real disconnect with the fans.
Ten Hag making them run 13.8km after United lost to Brentford doesn't look so silly now.

We are the laughing stock of this week.
And it is absolutely justified.

Heckingbottom totally overplayed Stellini. Sheffield wanted it more and was a better team.

We created 0 clear cut chances throughout the game. Just some hopeful ping-pong football with kicking the ball upfield with eyes closed and hoping it somehow sticks.

Sack the fucking idiot who is dumb an blind enough to think that this side does not need a creative player that would be comfortable in possession. Painful to watch this all-around panic we witnessed yesterday. When fullbacks are having an off-day, nothing happens. And we have ABSOLUTELY NO PLAN B.

What does marathon help?

It is matter of on-the-ball quality. Our management stuff fucking hates it with passion.
Players delivered what was asked from them. Weird to punish them for it.

COYS!!!

Starting Danjuma ahead of Son would have improved our chances.
Son did fucking nothing. Can't dribble. Shit control. Even shitter decision making.

What does marathon help?

It is matter of on-the-ball quality. Our management stuff fucking hates it with passion.
Players delivered what was asked from them. Weird to punish them for it.
Combinations of these players have beaten City, Chelsea and West Ham in recent weeks.

Stellini said after the game it's a mentality issue and they they thought they just had to turn up.

Sounds like it is on the players somewhat.

This "lesser opposition" thinking saw us lose to Wolves, Brighton, Southampton before we went on a long run to get top four. Lose to "inferior" teams in three out of four competitions under Conte.

Of course the manager picks the team, and we can talk all day about Conte's wank and inflexible tactics, but these players should have offered more and turned up. They didn't.

Back
Top Bottom