Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's one thing to look quality against Bournemouth and the like, it's another thing to against the elite in the PL and Europe. Trippier is not a first choice RB for the side that we aspire to be. Sure, he is superb at crossing but he lacks pace and is a liability defensively imo. What if he gets injured? Are you confident in trotting out KWP week in week out? Desperately need another RB...

Didn't he play all our bigger games towards the end of last season? I'm pretty sure he did, and that he did well.

I just read this post on twitter. Obviously I'm totally against homophobia but this article just made me angry. Self righteous little prick.

Also it's based on half truths and poorly translated quotes printed by papers such as the Daily Mail.

They've used the term "faggot" because it's probably the most offensive homophobic slur they could think of. Une Fiotte doesn't translate to faggot. It translates to "a pussy" "a ponce" "a little bitch" "a queer". Maybe he was using it in a homophobic context or maybe he was calling Blanc a pussy.

Also that article along with most reports doing the rounds make it sound like he's gone on some homophobic rant about Blanc. Someone participating in the Q&A ASKED HIM if Blanc engaged in oral sex with Ibrahimovic.

Just seems a bit like the PC brigade are dribbling over the opportunity to use this as a platform to write their self indulgent essays and show everyone how righteous they are.

If he truely is a nasty homophobic piece of work then of course we don't really want him at the club and I very much doubt he'd fit in with our bunch anyway. But my personal opinion is that the terms homophobic / racist / sexist get thrown around nowadays far too easily.

He's given some stupid answers to some stupid / childish questions. And subsequently apologised. If that's good enough to convince Poch he can work with him then I'm sold.

In my opinion there shouldn't be a big issue with the minority that calls anyone who uses the term "faggot" or "gay" in a joke every now and then a homophobe, or the minority that thinks its racist to make a non-racist critical remark about someone belonging to another etnic group. It's how they interpret things, they are wrong, that's fine.

I see a bigger (or at least equally big) problem with the anti-PC brigade who tend to blow the afformentioned sensitive minority out of proportions, talking about it as if the world have gone mad just because they've seen a few people react.

I guess the social media is partly to blame for this too: If twitter has 1 billion users and 1 percent of 1 percent of 1 percent of the users react to something it looks like a total shit storm, when in fact its just a small group of weirdos reacting.

The problem with Aurier isn't homophobia. It's that he's supposed to be great and thus there's got to be a huge downside to him when PSG lets him go cheaply. His conflicts with team mates, manager and the police are all indications that he's the kind of fellow that may not excactly promote team spirit.

To be honest, it isn't that Aurier called Blanc a 'faggot' for me, it is that he did it in a public Q & A. Publicly slamming his coach and teammates, while using a word everyone knows will get him in trouble. I would argue considering Blanc isn't gay, and is in fact married, that it isn't a homophobic slur at all, but just a word to insult someone. I know people will fire back with 'it makes it sound like gay is an insult', but it is just a curse word which in this scenario that has no context. Like how when you call someone a c*nt you don't think that person is a female's genitalia, it is just a crude sounding word.

The problem with me lies is that he is enough of an idiot to slam his own manager and teammates on Periscope, as well as the pictures of him in an Woolwich kit trying to get a move there irk me. I know Kane used to where their shirt but he was part of their academy, it's different.

As far as I heard in it, taking into account I'm not at all fluent French, but he used the term in the context of how he let Ibra do what he wanted. People are saying he said "faggot", but it's a translation of a word that isn't so clear cut in French (as it's context based).

Yes, he did slag off his team mates, but the "homophobia" thing is just silly - and somewhat hypocritical

You're bang on. Describing him as having a 'history of homophobic speech', while technically correct in the sense that one instance is still 'a history', it's obviously a manipulative use of language.

I don't particularly want to give them more clicks, but their discussion about Aurier is around the 55 minute mark and can be found at this link:

New Season

I'm sure their involvement of Ledley King in the discussion will help get more people onside from the wider Spurs fanbase.
:avbshit:
I wonder how many Spurs fans that were totally unaware of Auriers comments (a year ago) have now been "offended" and upset by reading them courtesy of these dickheads trying "protect" them.

I mean, to write an essay about how hurtful and upsetting these sorts of comments can be, while ensure you share them with as many people online as possible just screams self serving cunt to me.

He said it. He apologised and hopefully he's learned not to use that sort of language. (Which doesn't mean you're homophobic btw, it just means you used some stupid offensive words).

If he signs and is a perfect angel then great. If he signs and does something similar THEN get irate and demand he be flogged and apologise. But at least give the guy a chance to prove he's sorry.

This is all being perpetuated by people that haven't even seen the guy speak in English. I like to make my own mind up about people, he may well be the biggest cunt on earth but I won't assume he is because a few headlines tell me so.

In my opinion it's simple. Is he going to improve the squad? I think yes, so we should sign him, especially considering that the fee we'll spend is half of the money we got on Walker and we possibly could have a better player in our hands.

Modern Football & Morality.

Should these concepts be mutually exclusive....No

Are they realistically... Yes

When you're the only ones playing by the rules when everyone else is cheating then you're never gonna win the game.

I love the fact that people are bemoaning the notion that Aurier shouldn't come here 'cos he's been a bit of a cunt, and has a questionable past.

At the weekend, Marcus Alonso has already been cited as exactly the type of player who can get away with a Drink/Drive offence, kill someone, and still be in a position to earn shitloads a week, and score 2 goals with his only 2 shots against us ever! It's somehow doesn't seem fair!
Well here's my reckoning; I bet these two aren't the only pair of cunts playing and earning obscenely handsomely from football... there must be fucking shitloads of them! ...and quite possibly some within our club!

I'm afraid if a cunt wants to sign and play for Tottenham, there's not a lot I can do about it... whether I like it, agree with it, or not.
Same as I couldn't stop us signing Tramezzani, Moussa Saib and Andy Booth back in the day... they may not all have been cunts, but they were fucking shit!

If he plays well, and helps us achieve great things, then we're wasting our time having a moral compass... much as it pains me to say it, and I'd love all our players to be bastions of virtue and decent, upstanding human beings... in the Wonderful world of Multi-Million pounds footballers... those days are long gone.
A cunt is a cunt, yes. A nice, polite shit player is still shit... But a talented cunt is still talented... and I know who I'd rather help our team get out of a tight spot, and push on to greater and better things.

At least we know he's had a past... then again, we knew Adebayor & Gallas were 'damaged goods' and that didn't stop us signing them!!
:adewtf::gallashmm:

Selling Kyle Walker and getting Serge Aurier, in purely football terms, at the same prices would be a great deal. To get 27m on top of that is brilliant work. Big up Levy on this one.

Can we all agree on one thing should Serge come in? If we do get him can we put the what he said behind us and support the guy. I wish he'd rather not said and done the things he has but he'll be a Spurs boy, could come back a better, wiser person for it and I'm sure he'll perform better and possibly even become a better man if we all show him the love and support we've shown others down the years. It's what part of being a fan is, supporting your troops.

Not backing him will only have a negative effect on the rest of the club and the decision to bring him in ultimately isn't in our hands

Cantona king fu kicked a fan, Ryan Giggs slept with his brothers other half and Politicians lie to get to where they want to be. The world ain't perfect. We're all human, we all make mistakes, that's how it goes

You never know, we might end up being good for Serge and he might come to see the error of his ways under a father figure like Poch. Either way back him if he joins as he will be wearing the shirt we all love

Last edited:
Anyone else think that Walker-Peters new contract is a precursor to him being loaned out.

I don't see how we can carry 3 RBs

I'd be very surprised as he also plays a lot on the left at youth level. He can cover RB,RWB,LB,LWB and has also played on the wing. He's a very talented kid and his versatility makes him a great option for the squad. It only takes one injury and we will be talking about how Trippier/Davies cant play as wing backs etc.

Anyone else think that Walker-Peters new contract is a precursor to him being loaned out.

I don't see how we can carry 3 RBs
KWP can work on the left as well. So he'd still be useful to keep around in case of injuries (which tends to happen to our wingbacks/fullbacks since they play rather physically)

To be honest, it isn't that Aurier called Blanc a 'faggot' for me, it is that he did it in a public Q & A. Publicly slamming his coach and teammates, while using a word everyone knows will get him in trouble. I would argue considering Blanc isn't gay, and is in fact married, that it isn't a homophobic slur at all, but just a word to insult someone. I know people will fire back with 'it makes it sound like gay is an insult', but it is just a curse word which in this scenario that has no context. Like how when you call someone a c*nt you don't think that person is a female's genitalia, it is just a crude sounding word.

The problem with me lies is that he is enough of an idiot to slam his own manager and teammates on Periscope, as well as the pictures of him in an Woolwich kit trying to get a move there irk me. I know Kane used to where their shirt but he was part of their academy, it's different.
Does it also bother you that Sissoko called woolwich the "club of my heart?"

I'm amazed at how many people are accusing those who are wary of signing him of doing so just because he uttered a single homophobic phrase. Maybe it's an easier pill to swallow if you boil it down to just that?

If the slur happened in a vacuum I'd be first in line to say, "Hey he's a kid, kid's say dumb things". But coupled with assault of a fucking cop and the fact that the slur was dropped in a rant against his teammates and manager which he tried to deny even though it was on video!?!?! You can't ignore that away. The dude is a questionable character at best, and a time bomb in the locker room at worst. Call me a SJW all you want, but don't pretend that the push back is based on one word alone.

I'm amazed at how many people are accusing those who are wary of signing him of doing so just because he uttered a single homophobic phrase. Maybe it's an easier pill to swallow if you boil it down to just that?

If the slur happened in a vacuum I'd be first in line to say, "Hey he's a kid, kid's say dumb things". But coupled with assault of a fucking cop and the fact that the slur was dropped in a rant against his teammates and manager which he tried to deny even though it was on video!?!?! You can't ignore that away. The dude is a questionable character at best, and a time bomb in the locker room at worst. Call me a SJW all you want, but don't pretend that the push back is based on one word alone.

He's current banned from entering the UK for assaulting a copper. Some are wary because of that.

Back
Top Bottom