Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been iffy on Aurier but to play the role of devil's advocate here. There is rumors that a big factor in his behavior is his possé in Paris. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good? Let him rehab his career with us for a bit.

As for the Woolwich stuff: Maybe we can convert him who knows?

Worst case scenario we unload him later on. Best case scenario we save a career.

Oh dear, not the responses on twitter to this article that I'll bet they'd have wanted...

I don't condone what Aurier said at all, but this self-righteousness is making me fucking queasy.
Almost makes me wonder if they'd have rather he drunk drove and killed a 19 year old woman like Alonso did rather than something 'homophobic'.

A fighter, aggressive, quick, great cross, powerful and on top of all that a bloody good footballer.

I said it in the transfer thread, the prices quoted are fucking cheap for someone of this ability. If Pochettino wants him, then he's the guy to get in. We know how good Pochettino is with wing backs, now imagine what he could do with an already top full back who's one of the best in the world at what he does?

I also don't give a shit re the Woolwich shirt. Do you think it would stop them signing Osumane Dembele?! course not .

Being linked with Andre Gray was fine, but we go crazy at Aurier?

He's a character, sure. And I guess African footballers don't take the kit stuff as seriously as we do. In that video, he is a wearing a Stuttgart one.

He's by far the best option on the market.

Oh dear, not the responses on twitter to this article that I'll bet they'd have wanted...

I don't condone what Aurier said at all, but this self-righteousness is making me fucking queasy.
Almost makes me wonder if they'd have rather he drunk drove and killed a 19 year old woman like Alonso did rather than something 'homophobic'.

I try to respect most people views but what I want to know is what is their stance on Hoddle, Gazza, van der vaart, Gallas & Benny? If they feel the same then fair enough but seeing as I am not aware of anything written by them condoning their views/beliefs/words/actions then it just makes them hypocrites in my book.

Last edited:
I try to respect most people views but what I want to know is what is their stance on Hoddle, Gazza, van der vaart, Gallas & Benny? If they feel the same then fair enough but seeing as I am not aware of anything written by them condoning their views/beliefs/words/actions then it just makes them hypocrites in my book.
I heard them tie themselves in knots (on Wheeler Dealer Radio) while comparing Aurier's actions to Ledley King when he got drunk. I posted a few days ago about how they (same people who authored that article) didn't really care about the police officer stuff and gave their entire focus to the periscope video he made instead.

They're entitled to an opinion on it, but speak with moral absolutism - and it's the latter part that grates me.

I don't know if it was because he was unfit but Trippier looked very out of place on Sunday. Must buy a RB and Aurier fits the bill as far as I'm concerned.

So because our RB, that looked great towards the end of last season, did not have a great first game coming back from injury at the start of this season we have to get another RB in?

All that an cheap? All that and his club wants rid of him.

That's a very good reason to be sceptical. One bad apple...

We wanted rid of Walker, it meas nothing.

Maybe Aurier wants to leave?

I personally don't give a shit about his past or whether PSG want him or not. I'm not a fucking historian and I'm not the PSG owner. I care more about who Tottenham want and more importantly Pochettino.

Unless I am mistaken the website is in honour of our own Ledley King a man who went violent and abusive at a night club. I agree that there are moral standards but this almost religious fervour about morals and what a player believes does seem over the top. If there is no room for redemption then it's a bit depressing.

I would also be far more outraged if we signed a guy who killed a woman in a drink drive episode.

Maybe he will come good or maybe he ain't the right ticket but if the club and Poch believes he can do the right things then I guess we should give him at least a shot.

Doorman Claims Tottenham Hotspur’s Ledley King Racially Abused & Assaulted Him - Goal.com

Unless I am mistaken the website is in honour of our own Ledley King a man who went violent and abusive at a night club. I agree that there are moral standards but this almost religious fervour about morals and what a player believes does seem over the top. If there is no room for redemption then it's a bit depressing.

I would also be far more outraged if we signed a guy who killed a woman in a drink drive episode.

Maybe he will come good or maybe he ain't the right ticket but if the club and Poch believes he can do the right things then I guess we should give him at least a shot.

Doorman Claims Tottenham Hotspur’s Ledley King Racially Abused & Assaulted Him - Goal.com
Forgotten all about that, add another to the list.

As for the Woolwich stuff: Maybe we can convert him who knows?
Worst case scenario we unload him later on. Best case scenario we save a career.
Don't tell me... Woolwich's online 'hard-core' have claimed he's a lifelong Gooner?

I just 'Danny Rosed' the incident as I'd not been that aware of it... saw this;
"He was said to be so shaken, however, that he had an anxiety attack which left him unable to take a follow-up breath test"
I fucking BET he was! Poor love.

So because our RB, that looked great towards the end of last season, did not have a great first game coming back from injury at the start of this season we have to get another RB in?

It's one thing to look quality against Bournemouth and the like, it's another thing to against the elite in the PL and Europe. Trippier is not a first choice RB for the side that we aspire to be. Sure, he is superb at crossing but he lacks pace and is a liability defensively imo. What if he gets injured? Are you confident in trotting out KWP week in week out? Desperately need another RB...

Being linked with Andre Gray was fine, but we go crazy at Aurier?

He's a character, sure. And I guess African footballers don't take the kit stuff as seriously as we do. In that video, he is a wearing a Stuttgart one.

He's by far the best option on the market.
I'd stretch it to say that Continental European footballers as well don't take the kit thing that seriously.

A lot of players are kit collectors. I know for a fact that Sebastian Larsson has a shirt from each team that has played in the same league as him, and Jonas Olsson of WBA fame has a similar collection. Those are off the top of my head

Back
Top Bottom