Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh dear, not the responses on twitter to this article that I'll bet they'd have wanted...

I don't condone what Aurier said at all, but this self-righteousness is making me fucking queasy.
Almost makes me wonder if they'd have rather he drunk drove and killed a 19 year old woman like Alonso did rather than something 'homophobic'.

It's because everybody has to show how good a person they are nowadays

Oh dear, not the responses on twitter to this article that I'll bet they'd have wanted...

I don't condone what Aurier said at all, but this self-righteousness is making me fucking queasy.
Almost makes me wonder if they'd have rather he drunk drove and killed a 19 year old woman like Alonso did rather than something 'homophobic'.

I just read this post on twitter. Obviously I'm totally against homophobia but this article just made me angry. Self righteous little prick.

Also it's based on half truths and poorly translated quotes printed by papers such as the Daily Mail.

They've used the term "faggot" because it's probably the most offensive homophobic slur they could think of. Une Fiotte doesn't translate to faggot. It translates to "a pussy" "a ponce" "a little bitch" "a queer". Maybe he was using it in a homophobic context or maybe he was calling Blanc a pussy.

Also that article along with most reports doing the rounds make it sound like he's gone on some homophobic rant about Blanc. Someone participating in the Q&A ASKED HIM if Blanc engaged in oral sex with Ibrahimovic.

Just seems a bit like the PC brigade are dribbling over the opportunity to use this as a platform to write their self indulgent essays and show everyone how righteous they are.

If he truely is a nasty homophobic piece of work then of course we don't really want him at the club and I very much doubt he'd fit in with our bunch anyway. But my personal opinion is that the terms homophobic / racist / sexist get thrown around nowadays far too easily.

He's given some stupid answers to some stupid / childish questions. And subsequently apologised. If that's good enough to convince Poch he can work with him then I'm sold.

It's because everybody has to show how good a person they are nowadays
Indeed.
I just read this post on twitter. Obviously I'm totally against homophobia but this article just made me angry. Self righteous little prick.

Also it's based on half truths and poorly translated quotes printed by papers such as the Daily Mail.

They've used the term "faggot" because it's probably the most offensive homophobic slur they could think of. Une Fiotte doesn't translate to faggot. It translates to "a pussy" "a ponce" "a little bitch" "a queer". Maybe he was using it in a homophobic context or maybe he was calling Blanc a pussy.

Also that article along with most reports doing the rounds make it sound like he's gone on some homophobic rant about Blanc. Someone participating in the Q&A ASKED HIM if Blanc engaged in oral sex with Ibrahimovic.

Just seems a bit like the PC brigade are dribbling over the opportunity to use this as a platform to write their self indulgent essays and show everyone how righteous they are.

If he truely is a nasty homophobic piece of work then of course we don't really want him at the club and I very much doubt he'd fit in with our bunch anyway. But my personal opinion is that the terms homophobic / racist / sexist get thrown around nowadays far too easily.

He's given some stupid answers to some stupid / childish questions. And subsequently apologised. If that's good enough to convince Poch he can work with him then I'm sold.
Added to that, we have no idea what the discussions he's had with Poch/Levy behind the scenes have been. He may be filled with contrition for his previous stuff. We don't know, and Cartilage Free Captain sure as hell don't know either.

Considering that we're still seeing the fallout of the Danny Rose interview, I'd be amazed if they'd sign Aurier without feeling confident that he's prepared to get his head down and work hard for the club (and wouldn't be a ticking time bomb awaiting another periscope rant).

But my personal opinion is that the terms homophobic / racist / sexist get thrown around nowadays far too easily.

Because we're trying to get rid of it. If a few people go over the top that's better imo than apologising for nasty, thick footballers. Let's be honest, if he was no good or signing for woolwich, we'd be condemning him out of hand. I don't want to win the league that badly.

What annoys me is people have very strong opinions on this sort of thing without knowing the full facts.

In France when this happened was he labeled homophobic?

Last edited:
What annoys me is people have very string opinions on this sort of thing without knowing the full facts.

In France when this happened was he labeled homophobic?

Well he's currently banned from entering the UK, so it's safe to say he's a problem. Why are you defending him mate? Because he might sign for us?

Because we're trying to get rid of it. If a few people go over the top that's better imo than apologising for nasty, thick footballers. Let's be honest, if he was no good or signing for woolwich, we'd be condemning him out of hand. I don't want to win the league that badly.
Who's apologising for him?

And who he's signing for makes no difference to how I'd view what he did or didn't do. The fact u view it like that is kind of my point.

I'd just rather know the facts before making a judgment.

Who's apologising for him?

And who he's signing for makes no difference to how I'd view what he did or didn't do. The fact u view it like that is kind of my point.

I'd just rather know the facts before making a judgment.
Fine, and that's noble, but I find casual homophobia repellent. If a few innocent people get caught in the firing line, so be it. I say condemn first - ask questions later. This shit must be stopped.

Well he's currently banned from entering the UK, so it's safe to say he's a problem. Why are you defending him mate? Because he might sign for us?
If he doesn't sign for us he will sign for someone else. I don't see why we have to take some moral high ground. What he said may be repulsive, but all of us have probably said and done stuff around his age that we later regret. I trust Poch. If he wants him, I want him

If he doesn't sign for us he will sign for someone else. I don't see why we have to take some moral high ground. What he said may be repulsive, but all of us have probably said and done stuff around his age that we later regret. I trust Poch. If he wants him, I want him

I haven't John, and that's the truth. Have you noticed we're getting a reputation for being a really dirty side? I know no one cares because we've finally shaken off the soft touch thing, but it bothers me a bit, and signing cunts like Aurier will only reinforce that.

I haven't John, and that's the truth. Have you noticed we're getting a reputation for being a really dirty side? I know no one cares because we've finally shaken off the soft touch thing, but it bothers me a bit, and signing cunts like Aurier will only reinforce that.

In all honesty I only worry about what me and the rest of the Spurs fans think of the team we support. We've always had a beautiful tradition yet that hasn't stopped teams, teams that should be rivals against one another (Chelsea, Gooners and West Ham) forming some sort of weird brotherhood against us as a team. The premier league is a physical one and I think we are left with a choice, be footballs nearly men playing pretty football or add a bit of fight to it and give ourselves half a chance. Very difficult to know which way is right because if we want to win it like Barca do, with football being rich boys little toy at the moment, we'll continue to struggle to attract 'typical spurs players' and will eventually lose our stars as we have in the past.

Very tricky yet exciting tome for the club, I sincerely hope they get it right. Who knows, maybe the next phase of our evolution is to add tough, guys like Aurier and Balde so we get there and can add the class we all love associated with this club after. I just hope our traditions stay somewhat relative to our roots otherwise we run the risk of becoming somewhat plastic in comparison to what we are all about. Traditional Spurs players are a very niche market in today's physical crash bang wallop type of style. It's 100mph compared to how it used to be

Last edited:
In all honesty I only worry about what me and the rest of the Spurs fans think of the team we support. We've always had a beautiful tradition yet that hasn't stopped teams, teams that should be rivals against one another (Chelsea, Gooners and West Ham) forming some sort of weird brotherhood against us as a team. The premier league is a physical one and I think we are left with a choice, be footballs nearly men playing pretty football or add a bit of fight to it and give ourselves half a chance. Very difficult to know which way is right because if we want to win it like Barca do, with football being rich boys little toy at the moment, we'll continue to struggle and will lose our stars as we have in the past.

Very tricky yet exciting tome for the club, I sincerely hope they get it right

I think you're a dreamer, and that's ok. I'm honestly not bothered about winning the league - it's not why I support Tottenham.

I think you're a dreamer, and that's ok. I'm honestly not bothered about winning the league - it's not why I support Tottenham.

You've got to dream but I'm with you all the way and would not at any costs want Spurs to lose who we are and what we are all about, even if that means us not winning what we could by changing our style. I value attractive football and tradition above winning at all costs and I'd hate to watch Spurs knowing I once supported them for different purposes

The Spurs tradition is what's most important at all costs. I value that the most when it comes to our great club. If we could win the league with it, even if it's just once in my life, I'll be a very happy man

LBflDWu.png

Ever since Keane's departure this team has needed a proper Mick.

That's an Irish flag, right?
:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom