Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His constant cutting back rather than crossing was frustrating but in his defence there was no one to cross the ball to as we played without a bloody striker.
Tbf it’s not like he’s ever been able to find someone even when we did have someone in the box. Credit where credit is due though he does seem to have found some level of consistency in his performances, but he’s still nowhere near the level of quality needed.

Tbf it’s not like he’s ever been able to find someone even when we did have someone in the box. Credit where credit is due though he does seem to have found some level of consistency in his performances, but he’s still nowhere near the level of quality needed.

What tripe! Look at his assists this season and read back what you have written

What tripe! Look at his assists this season and read back what you have written
I assume you’re trolling? Aurier has 3 premier league assists this season, 2 of which have come from his absolute piss poor crossing, the other being a lay off to Dele. This despite the fact that under Mourinho, Aurier has essentially become a winger whose sole job is to cross into the box and create chances because of his absolutely ass defensive abilities.

The only one talking tripe here is you, my friend.

I assume you’re trolling? Aurier has 3 premier league assists this season, 2 of which have come from his absolute piss poor crossing, the other being a lay off to Dele. This despite the fact that under Mourinho, Aurier has essentially become a winger whose sole job is to cross into the box and create chances because of his absolutely ass defensive abilities.

His crossing has lead to two goals but the crosses were “piss poor”? You can’t accept his assists without grimacing. Against Liverpool he should have had an assist with his “piss poor” crossing, yesterday he should have had another with his “piss poor” crossing. But ignore them as you will.

His constant cutting back rather than crossing was frustrating but in his defence there was no one to cross the ball to as we played without a bloody striker.
And it makes more sense to do that. I think people are just being dumb to not want him to cut in even when theres no target in the box and lumping it in would be pointless.

What absolute nonsense. His sole job is to cross yet he wins more tackles than any of our players per game while having 'ass defensive abilities'. Terrible opinion.

His crossing has lead to two goals but the crosses were “piss poor”? You can’t accept his assists without grimacing. Against Liverpool he should have had an assist with his “piss poor” crossing, yesterday he should have had another with his “piss poor” crossing. But ignore them as you will.

What a cracking thread by that fella!! Thanks for sharing. It will also still amazes me that confirmation bias is so strong and that people just can’t evaluate performance without any preconceived notions.

What a cracking thread by that fella!! Thanks for sharing. It will also still amazes me that confirmation bias is so strong and that people just can’t evaluate performance without any preconceived notions.
The guy wins tackles in central midfield sometimes. Some dummies then call it bad positional sense, instead of realising that he did a good thing winning the ball there and not just staying at rightback and letting someone else deal with it.

At times his crossing is poor, but he has shown he can deliver a great ball on occasion. I can’t stand Aurier, and want to replace him but he does get a lot of unwarranted hate sometimes. I thought he was one of our better players against Watford.

Trolling??

But he is a prolific poster

3 messages since July 2012

The guy wins tackles in central midfield sometimes. Some dummies then call it bad positional sense, instead of realising that he did a good thing winning the ball there and not just staying at rightback and letting someone else deal with it.
I genuinely don’t understand the stick he gets. Most driven by, I think, because he’s been sent off twiceand in one match got pinged for 2 foul throws!!!

The first pen was in Madrid to prevent an almost certain goalscoring opportunity, I’ve no problem with this as they could have missed the pen. I can’t remember the other??

His two yellows against West Ham(?) were deserved. His 2 yellows against Southampton were not, the 2nd yellow wasn’t a yellow as Bertrand dived to get him booked. Foul throws who the fuck really gives a shit? Almost all foul throws are never picked up.

We can get a better RB than him but seriously we have some far more pressing issues that need addressing in this team than him.

At times his crossing is poor, but he has shown he can deliver a great ball on occasion. I can’t stand Aurier, and want to replace him but he does get a lot of unwarranted hate sometimes. I thought he was one of our better players against Watford.
Crossing is one of the least productive ways to score, very low percentage. Whilst they are important to the teams variety of attack few goals are scored (as a percentage attempted) from them.

Having said thia, so as someone who hates them, his crossing is one of the best I’ve seen at Spurs! Again,this is tempered by the context of percentage of return, someone posted last week that his accuracy is higher to that of Alexander-Arnold's!!!! (The reason why there’s distortion is everyone is focused on the goals scored from his crosses, NOT the volume he attempts).

Mate, if you look back at my previous posts re: Aurier, you would see I have been one of his biggest supporters throughout his time here, but there’s only so long you can go on trying to convince yourself he’s good enough. Fans accepting mediocrity from the likes of Aurier even though you know deep down they wouldn’t get within an asses roar of any of the top teams with real genuine aspirations is a big problem.

Mate, if you look back at my previous posts re: Aurier, you would see I have been one of his biggest supporters throughout his time here, but there’s only so long you can go on trying to convince yourself he’s good enough. Fans accepting mediocrity from the likes of Aurier even though you know deep down they wouldn’t get within an asses roar of any of the top teams with real genuine aspirations is a big problem.

Who are your top 6 right backs in the league that are better? Then we can analyse

Who are your top 6 right backs in the league that are better? Then we can analyse
Are you honestly trying to say that TAA, Walker, Cancelo, AWB, Azpiliqueta are not better than Aurier? And that’s only the top 6, The majority of top half teams right backs are better. (Pereira, Doherty, Aarons etc are all better)

And I genuinely don’t have an agenda against the guy either, I’m just spitting facts.

Are you honestly trying to say that TAA, Walker, Cancelo, AWB, Azpiliqueta are not better than Aurier? And that’s only the top 6, The majority of top half teams right backs are better. (Pereira, Doherty, Aarons etc are all better)

And I genuinely don’t have an agenda against the guy either, I’m just spitting facts.

Seems many are keen on the one at who's bottom of the league. :)

hqdefault.jpg

"It's a funny ol' game"

Back
Top Bottom