Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why aren't we playing Foyth at RB now he's fit again?

Meanwhile, it's faith from Poch - not fitness - that's keeping KWP out fo the team.

I said all along; be it KT, SA, KWP or JF... Sell who we must, but have a firm plan for RB and run with it.

Evidently, the gaffa has merely been 'spit-balling' all along.

KWP apparently isn't physical enough for Poch, which is why Trippier was starting XI for two seasons!

Poch is dumb and stubborn. I'd rather have a smart player than a headless chicken every time.

I’d go a step further and say wreckless but still not a penalty imv

Imagine the scenes if Lovren had kicked Harry like that and a pen awarded

To be fair, it was very clever (again) from Mane.

He saw Aurier was taking a big swing at the ball to clear it and simply inserted his foot in the way. He wasn't attempting to play the ball; just to win the foul.

Not sure I’m convinced Keane’s argument was racially motivated tbh, but conversely no need to call Spurs players “pieces of shit” either.

best to move them both on at the next opportunity and thank them for their work

We can thank Rose as he has given us something in the past, I can agree with that.

But Aurier is criminally shit and incapable player who has literally robbed us the transfer fee and wages.
HE HAS GIVEN OPPO 4 PENALTIES AND HAS BEEN SENT OFF 2 TIMES DURING 2376 MINUTES ON FIELD in EPL.
Can you grasp that this is 1 penalty given away for every 6.6 full games?!? Or sending off once every 13 full games?!?!
This would mean that if he was our starting FB in all of the league games, he'd be sent off 3 times during one season. And he would award ~6 penalties (here I had to ACTUALLY factor in the issue that he would MINIMALLY miss 3 games due to suspension!! I mean that effing says something, doesn't it?). That does not deserve absolutely no respect. None at ALL!!

He is pure imbecille and extremely unreliable player. Quite honestly it is embarrasment to the club, that such braindead idiot ever played for us. And recruiting department has to take a looooooooong look at the mirror. He was frozen out of PSG squad for being moron and unreliable player. Even most football fans knew it. Yet we stepped...no JUMPED on this rake that was lying on the ground. And got rightfully whacked for it.

source.gif

Last edited:
I’m sorry but I find it extremely hard to get behind a guy that continuously costs us points and goals on a weekly basis. He is a walking disaster on the field and every single time he plays, I have my heart in my mouth. I called it on my family what’s app group and said at half time, Aurier will 100% give away a penalty. God, how right was I. That guy is a complete liability and I’d rather a rocking horse at right back than this prick.

Aurier is not the smartest, but it was not a penalty. If Aurier was taking a shot on goal and the exact same action happened he would be more likely to get a penalty. Does not make sense.

Put the rules up to explain why it was a penalty, he kicked an opponent in the box, he did it because he's careless hence no card (I actually had him to get booked at 15/8). Some seem to still be wrestling with the fairness of the penalty.

Careless, that's him all over tbh.
He's in the act of kicking the ball away, one foot planted to the floor, the other swinging down to meet the ball. What is careless about it? Is he not supposed to swing his leg to kick a football, how do you kick a football without swinging your leg?

Poke a stick into the spokes of a spinning wheel, you are in effect saying it's the spokes fault why the stick snapped because the wheel was spinning.

Again, the situation would probably not been there in the first place if it wouldn't be for him. It's an idea of positioning, knowing your limits. Knowing your opponents. Aurier failed on all this in the situation.
Mane was smart & as usual aurier was stupid. Don't think it's a pen BUT aurier gave the ref a decision to make away to Liverpool. You know the ref will be desperate to give them something. So just no silly risks. New RB in January please.

He's in the act of kicking the ball away, one foot planted to the floor, the other swinging down to meet the ball. What is careless about it? Is he not supposed to swing his leg to kick a football, how do you kick a football without swinging your leg?

Poke a stick into the spokes of a spinning wheel, you are in effect saying it's the spokes fault why the stick snapped because the wheel was spinning.
Yeah. & if that is a foul. Couldn't you just keep putting your foot in front of the other guys kicking foot so that he kicks you. You will keep getting free kicks & pens even though you couldn't reach the ball because you could put your foot in front of their foot which is kicking towards the ball. Basically at the last second just stick your foot in the way of them kicking the ball.

All those who think it wasn't a pen, what is your opinion on this one...

I certainly know Liverpool thoughts on that decision.....

Big difference for me is van Dijk can see Lamela and still kicks him.

Aurier wins the ball. Then goes to clear it and Mane puts his foot infront of it.

Yeah. & if that is a foul. Couldn't you just keep putting your foot in front of the other guys kicking foot so that he kicks you. You will keep getting free kicks & pens even though you couldn't reach the ball because you could put your foot in front of their foot which is kicking towards the ball. Basically at the last second just stick your foot in the way of them kicking the ball.
Neumanator Neumanator actually got it spot on for me in his post a page back. Keep the action exactly the same, just swap the shirts over between the two players and it's a pen to Liverpool. Nothing to do with the ref being biased etc, that action by Mane on Aurier would be given as a penalty.

We can thank Rose as he has given us something in the past, I can agree with that.

But Aurier is criminally shit and incapable player who has literally robbed us the transfer fee and wages.
HE HAS GIVEN OPPO 4 PENALTIES AND HAS BEEN SENT OFF 2 TIMES DURING 2376 MINUTES ON FIELD in EPL.
Can you grasp that this is 1 penalty given away for every 6.6 full games?!? Or sending off once every 13 full games?!?!
This would mean that if he was our starting FB in all of the league games, he'd be sent off 3 times during one season. And he would award ~6 penalties (here I had to ACTUALLY factor in the issue that he would MINIMALLY miss 3 games due to suspension!! I mean that effing says something, doesn't it?). That does not deserve absolutely no respect. None at ALL!!

He is pure imbecille and extremely unreliable player. Quite honestly it is embarrasment to the club, that such braindead idiot ever played for us. And recruiting department has to take a looooooooong look at the mirror. He was frozen out of PSG squad for being moron and unreliable player. Even most football fans did it. Yet we stepped...no JUMPED on this rake that was lying on the ground. And got rightfully whacked for it.

source.gif

I actually agree with the content of much of that, he's not good enough. Just no need to be abusive to someone who has pulled on the shirt and is trying.

Edit - just to emphasise I do get you, SA is massively unreliable.

I can understand and respect your viewpoint here.

But the question here is - IS he trying? IS he trying hard enough?!? Because to me he does not look like person trying his hardest to focus and improve. I might be wrong, but I've got the feeling he does not care enough really (there were also speculations of him wanting to leave before the window closed, werent there?).

And if I believe that someone is not trying his hardest, it makes me mad beyond words and I can't help but to speak my mind with words that might not be most polite. I just reserve judgement in the sense that if I praise a player X or Y to heaven, I have the right to call player like Aurier also bad words. Not constructive, but can help me to blow out some steam at least.

Was Foyth even on the bench at the weekend?
No Foyth or Walker-Peters

Substitutes
  • 5 Vertonghen
  • 15 Dier
  • 18 Lo Celso
  • 27 Lucas Moura
  • 28 Ndombele
  • 33 Davies
  • 49 Austin
I guess Poch thought he could have Dier, Sissoko, Sánchez or Alderweireld covering right back if needed.

i

He's quite clearly not fully in control of the ball if Mane can get into this position before he kicks it, no matter how quickly Mane got in there, he is closest to the ball. The fact he still kicked through his leg anyway, just reeks of the usual rashness that we can associate with Aurier (throughout his entire career to date), he seems a bit shocked here that Mane's there in the photo...maybe he should have checked before he decided to swing his leg in the fucking 18 yard box in the day and age of VA-fucking-R.

He's a stupid, rash bastard and he can not be trusted.

Does he have any fault in the injury? ( can’t bring myself to watch clips) he does have form for nasty tackles (gnarby)

Back
Top Bottom