Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do think he caused it, though it was an unfortunate accident with two players coming together, it looked like Aurier stands on Gomes' foot, just as he plants it at full speed after being off balance...and the subsequent disaster happened.

Son's petulant swipe did cause the whole thing tbf, harsh red though you could argue there was no attempt to play the ball and it was from behind, which is pretty dirty.

giphy.gif

It's obviously the tactics were using because Aurier was great again.
Second half perhaps. But first half he wasnt great. Stood on half way line, leaving sanchez to get pulled over, but never came short to offer a pass, or used his pace to get in behind.
Sure, waaay better than earlier in the season. But overall maybe 6/10 at best?

You don’t spit at your own fans though! You continue to play well and earn their backing!

I don't think that was intentional. Watch the replay - he released a spit like projectile as soon as he got thumped in the back by the man celebrating behind him.

No need to find reasons to vilify him .... instead we should be backing him after a stellar performance

I don't think that was intentional. Watch the replay - he released a spit like projectile as soon as he got thumped in the back by the man celebrating behind him.

No need to find reasons to vilify him .... instead we should be backing him after a stellar performance
Agree, if you see my comment in the match thread, I said he was great again tonight. I agree with your analysis. Just looked a bit ropey especially alongside the ear-cupping. Hope he continues the way he has started under Mourinho, like a new signing

I thought he could be key this season. All the talk of KWP or converted CB Foyth was nonsense. Poch going was very good for him - his management of him was very poor.

Back
Top Bottom