Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did anyone actually watch the Ivory Coast - Morocco game? I didn't see it but reports said he got torn a new one by Amrabat.

And another leg muscle injury... :pochfacepalm:

I honestly think China or the MLS might beckon for Serge.

Atal only really had half a season where he really shined.

Just you just know a player deserves the chance at a bigger club or on a bigger stage.

I remember watching Wan-Bissaka have his debut against Spurs and win 10 minutes you could see he had something. In a time where good right backs seem to be a rarity sometimes you need to roll the dice before others take a plunge.

He may end up a one season wonder but the way he moves and his attacking angles tell me he'll be fine. Defensively though that's another question entirely as I've seen Nice play maybe twice last season and been limited to a handful of YouTube clips it has to be said.

If he has another great season we won't stand a chance. Atal or Nelson Semedo would be a useful addition but we ain't getting either of them.

I say we go for Atal this summer but if not I'd rather stick with what we have and give Aarons a season to show his swagger in the Prem.

Baffled by the lack of Atal noise though.
I like Atal a lot and certainly wouldn’t complain if we bought him. I think they have similar attributes and in that case I always go for the homegrown player.

I think we can survive with a committee of Serge, KWP, Sissoko and Foyth for the next season.
Still sell Trippier though.

Aurier cannot stay fit. Forget or dismiss the fact he gets caught out too easily or has these crazy moments if you wish but he is not able to cope with regular football.

We simply have too many players who are falling apart.

What other EPL club could be interested in buying Aurier?
FinishedGreatHarrier-size_restricted.gif

If we look at Aurier
-injury record
-decision making ability

And the fact that at least Trippier is homegrown...

Then I kinda struggle to see why we should sell Tripps before Aurier. I mean yea, don't get me wrong, Trippier had a bad season. But he has also performed decently for us. All that Aurier has had up to now have been like 1 good game and 1 month of being out. Then another decent game and going missing again.

I think after we sign Ceballos or Lo Celso, RB is the next position. Sell Aurier and one out of KWP/Trippier, and buy someone new.

If we look at Aurier
-injury record
-decision making ability

And the fact that at least Trippier is homegrown...

Then I kinda struggle to see why we should sell Tripps before Aurier. I mean yea, don't get me wrong, Trippier had a bad season. But he has also performed decently for us. All that Aurier has had up to now have been like 1 good game and 1 month of being out. Then another decent game and going missing again.

I think after we sign Ceballos or Lo Celso, RB is the next position. Sell Aurier and one out of KWP/Trippier, and buy someone new.

We’re selling Trippier because he actually has some resale value whereas Aurier doesn’t, that’s my guess.

We’re selling Trippier because he actually has some resale value whereas Aurier doesn’t, that’s my guess.

Yea, I see how that might be consideration.
But first we should consider value for the team. Which I'd say Trippier holds more than Aurier.

If we pick the players to sell based on market value then we should start "for sale" list with Kane :D

Back
Top Bottom