Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, he’s been in poor form and had two injuries and has still contributed more than Walker and Wan Bissaka, but apparently he’s champo

So much more to it than that and as you know.

Simple question is do you think we would have been a better team last season had we had Wan Bissaka or Walker as opposed to Trippier in the side and in the games he played?

Shocking decision to grab at an opponent in the box, to add to the (too long already) list of shocking decisions made inside the penalty area.

He's fucking braindead, the amount of people who still seemingly would rather see him being retained ahead of others is fucking baffling.

Simple question is do you think we would have been a better team last season had we had Wan Bissaka or Walker as opposed to Trippier in the side and in the games he played?

Not one little bit do I believe either Walker or Wan Bissaka would have changed our season one millimeter.
Walker is shit. Wan Bissaka is just another RB, and one who doesnt attack. Totally hyped to silly levels of grandeur mostly by people who have seen three Palace games last season (against us, where he did fuck all)

Ive said it all season, and last, and the one before that.....our problems are in the final third, and they are laid bare when anyone of, or all three of Dele, Eriksen and Kane are off form, and Poch sticks with it.

Now I'll ask you this. Put Walker or Wan Bissaka (or even Phillip Lahmm at his peak) in our team for the CL final. Would Dele and Kane have played better? Would Poch have made the right subs?
Because thats what cost us, way more than anything Trippier did.

Not one little bit do I believe either Walker or Wan Bissaka would have changed our season one millimeter.
Walker is shit. Wan Bissaka is just another RB, and one who doesnt attack. Totally hyped to silly levels of grandeur mostly by people who have seen three Palace games last season (against us, where he did fuck all)

Ive said it all season, and last, and the one before that.....our problems are in the final third, and they are laid bare when anyone of, or all three of Dele, Eriksen and Kane are off form, and Poch sticks with it.

Now I'll ask you this. Put Walker or Wan Bissaka (or even Phillip Lahmm at his peak) in our team for the CL final. Would Dele and Kane have played better? Would Poch have made the right subs?
Because thats what cost us, way more than anything Trippier did.

I got to say I disagree.

Breaking it down is pointless and to say Walker is sh!t precludes sensible discussion.

KT vs SA (vs KW for prosterity too, if ya like)

'Errors leading to goals/per game' stats anyone?????

I got to say I disagree.

Breaking it down is pointless and to say Walker is sh!t precludes sensible discussion.
Saying Walker is good does the same though.
He’s not good, he’s fast and if he had Trippiers pace he’d be at QPR.

By the way I answered your question.....you avoidance of answering mine was an answer in itself though...

Saying Walker is good does the same though.
He’s not good, he’s fast and if he had Trippiers pace he’d be at QPR.

By the way I answered your question.....you avoidance of answering mine was an answer in itself though...

Do you truly believe Trippier would be a better option than Walker at City?

Do you believe Guardiola sees Trippier and thinks if only I had him competing with Walker for the right back slot?

Your answer right there squire. No avoidance.

I am not saying Trippier is a poor player but he had a poor season and simply using stats barely tells the full story and actually hides many of the episodes.

Do you truly believe Trippier would be a better option than Walker at City?
I think City would have won the same amount with Trippier as with Walker.
If you think the RB was key for them over the last couple seasons we’ll I'm at a loss.
Walker is by far their worst player.

I am not saying Trippier is a poor player but he had a poor season and simply using stats barely tells the full story and actually hides many of the episodes.
I’m not using stats, I’m using my eyes.....Walker is a calamity and will not be first choice next season.
He is fast.....but he makes worse mistakes than Trippier. Being fast enough to catch someone you just fucked up against doesn’t make you good.

As for stats, if Walker had more than 1 goal and 1 assist I’m pretty sure you’d be happy to bandy them about.
People crying out for an attacking RB to improve on Trippiers “punts into the box”, then claim Walker and Wan Bissaka are the answer.

Two players who have less assists combined than Trippier all season, in Trippiers worst season of his career.

Side note as this is the Aurier thread, but to the claims that Walker isn’t that good he’s just fast...

His speed is a huge asset in that position, and turns an average player into a good one. When people do get past him or he gives it away, he invariably gets back to tidy it up. Once you’re past Trippier, Davies and probably Aurier...you’re through on goal.

Trippier worked at the WC because he had Walker inside him :ledleylick: . To play on the flanks of the pitch you need gas, or at least a crazy work rate. That’s why the best players play down the middle, where you need vision and creativity.

I think City would have won the same amount with Trippier as with Walker.
If you think the RB was key for them over the last couple seasons we’ll I'm at a loss.
Walker is by far their worst player.

I’m not using stats, I’m using my eyes.....Walker is a calamity and will not be first choice next season.
He is fast.....but he makes worse mistakes than Trippier. Being fast enough to catch someone you just fucked up against doesn’t make you good.

As for stats, if Walker had more than 1 goal and 1 assist I’m pretty sure you’d be happy to bandy them about.
People crying out for an attacking RB to improve on Trippiers “punts into the box”, then claim Walker and Wan Bissaka are the answer.

Two players who have less assists combined than Trippier all season, in Trippiers worst season of his career.

Did I say anywhere that the right bsck position was key?

The comparison is about the 2 players and whether City were better with Walker overTrippier and whether we would have been the other way round.

Material difference on either team? Not sure but I would have preferred Walker for more reasons than not.

Simple answer - NO

Walker and Tripps were interchangeable for us - Walker hasn't got any better still a brainfart risk

WB is a kid barely out of nappies, under pressure he panics simply can't pass for shit .... you'd have been doing your nut watching him play .... that's fine at 21 playing in a relegation side, but he wouldn't have been any good in a Top 4 / CL final team .... huge challenge for him next season he will need to improve a whole lot ...

Last edited:
Aurier will never become a decent, reliable defender at our club, not sure whether he even cares that much.

And not sure how anyone can think that he will ever become good enough, no football brain, no awareness of what's going on around him, a disaster.

Last edited:
Shocking decision to grab at an opponent in the box, to add to the (too long already) list of shocking decisions made inside the penalty area.

He's fucking braindead, the amount of people who still seemingly would rather see him being retained ahead of others is fucking baffling.

Sadly agree.

Another disappointment.

Hoping he will change is in the same bracket of hope that Lamela will be this world beater.

Back
Top Bottom