Seeing the CL final made me realise how...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will definitely sell naming right. Which is common sense really.

Yeah I was talking about transfers and wages mate. Think we normally sell to buy.

We will definitely sell naming right. Which is common sense really.

Yeah I was talking about transfers and wages mate. Think we normally sell to buy.

I think thats where we fall short in strengthening the squad at times.

How long did we keep Jenas, Gio and Bentley etc for, trying to get the maximum price for them, and it ends up costing us more in the end to keep them for 6yrs and not use them!

Same with Gomes.

It will probably be the same with players like Dempsey and Holtby eventually...

Yeah I know.

I wouldnt mind seeing the financial records tbh. Do Levy and Joe put their own money in or do we spend what we generate or maybe a bit of both.
i think when they put their own dosh in, its via rights issues and shares stuff.

what we need is a loan from enic to the club to get the stadium built. them some photos of bill gates or warren buffet with a goat in order to get the naming rights sold for BIG money.

Im willing to dress as a goat, but someone will have to pay for the flights and take the pictures.

I have been disappointed with Holtby and Sigurdsson tbh

How did we end up getting for Modric 32m and didnt really have time to get Moutinho. If players want to leave then we should sell early and replace with quality.

Siggy came on towards the end of the season and he's won me around and i'd like to see him stick around, Holtby has been poor so to be honest and I see why Woolwich turned down the chance to sign him in the winter 2012 window, Dempsey has also been average at best.

You need to remember that both Sigurdsson and Holtby are still relatively young. And both will take time to bed in. Neither was going to show up and tear the world apart.

Dempsey, well, he has scored some vital goals, he's not the classiest of players but hopefully we get a better starting player next year and Clint can excel as a super sub.

Far too early to judge Holtby IMO. Young and playing not just for a new team but in a new league. Give him some time to adapt and develop before writing him off.

Siggy came on pretty good in the end and, if he gets the opportunity to become a regular starter, I think he'll be an important player for us (time will tell).

You need to remember that both Sigurdsson and Holtby are still relatively young. And both will take time to bed in. Neither was going to show up and tear the world apart.

Dempsey, well, he has scored some vital goals, he's not the classiest of players but hopefully we get a better starting player next year and Clint can excel as a super sub.

I really don't get the "he is young" thing with Siggy

Good young players are like holtby, bags of energy that need moulding. The fact Siggy looks like a cart horse at his age says to me he's another Bentley waiting to happen.

We could and should have sold him back to reading

I think the simple fact is that neither are going to be good enough to start for us imo. Just like Dempsey.

I think having that calibre of player in the squad makes us very strong. But we shouldnt be looking to build something around any of them.

Come on Hotspur Hotspur don't hide behind neg rep like a massive fanny.

Cunt me off, tell me why Siggy is the next lampard

I just disagree with you on selling Siggy after half a season to Reading. I think he was one of our best players second half of the season, will improve and I think its harsh to say he looks like a cart horse. I don't think he's going to be the next Lampard but I do think he'll be a very good player. I haven't seen anything bad enough to call him another Bentley.

I just disagree with you on selling Siggy after half a season to Reading. I think he was one of our best players second half of the season, will improve and I think its harsh to say he looks like a cart horse. I don't think he's going to be the next Lampard but I do think he'll be a very good player. I haven't seen anything bad enough to call him another Bentley.

You were doing well up to "one of our best players". Mate he's so one paced it hurts.

Back
Top Bottom