Seeing the CL final made me realise how...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So pretty much around the same time I started supporting Spurs then?

If you remember them days, then you should appreciate how far we have come as a team. Yes, we can look upwards to an extent. You should always have ambition. But realistic ambition.
We should also look downwards. At teams who were once on a level playing field with us and are now in a much worse position.

Aston Villa, Leeds, Nottingham forest. Around the times that you have said, they were quite possibly better than us. But their stewardship was questionable and look where it took them!

Yeah we've come a long way but the last 2 seasons have shown a stagnation.....it's like we've peaked and can't seem to push on any longer and i'm worried we'll slowly start slipping back down, the way we've surrendered 3rd and 4th over the last two seasons has been really disappointing.

But not as shocked as you would be if we mounted a proper title bid I suspect.

Which again, is my point..

I don't know, there isn't much in it at all. They have a better squad than us, so I would think they're more likely to make one, but neither of us will. I get your point, though, they have a certain mentality that comes with being up with the big boys for 16 years. We'll get it with time. Enjoy the ride, motherfucker.

Yeah we've come a long way but the last 2 seasons have shown a stagnation.....it's like we've peaked and can't seem to push on any longer and i'm worried we'll slowly start slipping back down, the way we've surrendered 3rd and 4th over the last two seasons has been really disappointing.

You have a point. We also have a stadium to build, and fill.

We need to start achieving

I think you lads need to phone The Samaritans...

Out of interest, did you want a trophy and top 4 last year, or did missing out on everything suddenly become all ok, AFTER we had failed?

Im not sure why thinking we should aim high is seen as whinging...?

Why dont you say what you want from next season? 5th and no cup will be fine with you? 6th?

I think we proved that the gap between the top 5 is next to nothing and buying astutely will position us to challenge for the league this coming season, providing all remain motivated to doing it. 3 teams in top 5 will have new managers that will have to play themselves in, that will be a big handicap.

Out of interest, did you want a trophy and top 4 last year, or did missing out on everything suddenly become all ok, AFTER we had failed?

Im not sure why thinking we should aim high is seen as whinging...?

Why dont you say what you want from next season? 5th and no cup will be fine with you? 6th?

Unless you're a player or in the management team, who the fuck cares where you're aiming?

How about you give Levy a bell and tell him what you expect from the team next season, tell him it's top 4 or else...and if he hasn't already hung up what do you think he'll say?

My money's on "Or else fucking what?"

That's why I never expect anything from a season, because what can I do about it?

I'm only along for the ride, all I can hope for is that it'll be a good one...but if it's a shit one then so be it.

I think we proved that the gap between the top 5 is next to nothing and buying astutely will position us to challenge for the league this coming season, providing all remain motivated to doing it. 3 teams in top 5 will have new managers that will have to play themselves in, that will be a big handicap.

That's the hope, but both Chelsea and City have done pretty well with "shit" managers lately, so they'll be flying with the new ones coming in. The only real doubts will be over Utd and Everton. But if Everton do fall back into the pack they'll soon be replaced with Liverpool.

:levylol:

debt_collector_abuse.jpg

:levyeyes:

haha

I don't mean specifics, but will we have to cut back on spending a little. Imagine what the ticket prices are going to be.

haha

I don't mean specifics, but will we have to cut back on spending a little. Imagine what the ticket prices are going to be.

I should imagine so. To be fair though it's been so long in the pipeline they really should have saved up for two of the fuckers by now.

Yeah I know.

I wouldnt mind seeing the financial records tbh. Do Levy and Joe put their own money in or do we spend what we generate or maybe a bit of both.

Yeah I know.

I wouldnt mind seeing the financial records tbh. Do Levy and Joe put their own money in or do we spend what we generate or maybe a bit of both.

As far as players go, we don't actually spend all that much. Purchases always seem to be balanced out by sales. I'm not sure how things like the new training centre have been funded though.

Back
Top Bottom