Seeing the CL final made me realise how...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soul crushing it is to have missed out on it yet again, I was starting the process of dealing with us missing out but watching the whole event for the last time (this season) made me realise what a load of bollocks our season has been and I don't even care that we broke some redundant points total record what good is that when we've got FC fucking Dnipro to look forward to on a Thursday night :mong:

Once you've had CL football you can't go back to the fucking Rejects League, it's like getting to smash Adriana Lima then being told that after that brief but bilssfull encounter that there will infact be no more smashing, that relief will instead come by way of a 2 minute wank over some tart on page3 of the sun :carrollwtf: :avbshit:

Oh Spurs why the fuck do you do this to me :vdvcry::gomes:

Soul crushing it is to have missed out on it yet again, I was starting the process of dealing with us missing out but watching the whole event for the last time (this season) made me realise what a load of bollocks our season has been and I don't even care that we broke some redundant points total record what good is that when we've got FC fucking Dnipro to look forward to on a Thursday night :mong:

Once you've had CL football you can't go back to the fucking Rejects League, it's like getting to smash Adriana Lima then being told that after that brief but bilssfull encounter that there will infact be no more smashing, that relief will instead come by way of a 2 minute wank over some tart on page3 of the sun :carrollwtf: :avbshit:

Oh Spurs why the fuck do you do this to me :vdvcry::gomes:

but it's not even a proper league of Champions ...
don't let some fancy TV work and smart advertising mask the reality.
(nor that fucking song.)

are you really so upset that we "missed" 4th place.
fuck me.
we're miles away from the Prem title and light years away from a CL Final.
since we want to win these trophies and we're heading in their direction, chin up, i say.

i'm proud of the season we just had, for reasons that have been hashed out in about 17 other threads.

it was a decent match, marred by some fuckingembarrassing displays of non-football by the guys in red.

doesn't make me think twice, halfways, or backwards about the season we just had.

:coys:

lol you're going on as if we'd get anywhere in the CL. Let's be honest we were lucky to get to the quarters last time and when we did we got embarrassed by a much better side. I'd much rather be in a competition we stood a chance of winning.

We are far far away from achieving that dream. I'd much rather be in a cup we can win...and then go on to win it. I feel like we need just one thing to go right & it'll all start clicking into place. The winning mentality we could have after a successful Europa League campaign AND finishing in the top 4 would be immense. After that, as long as we're patient, the sky's the limit.

We'd have chanced our ways to the semi's then Bale would have hit a top corner belter for us to beat Chavski which would set up a mouth watern final against Barcelona who would once again be undone by the pace of Lennon and the long range shots of Bale

UCL FINAL 2014

Tottenham 3-2 Barcelona

:vdvcry:

lol you're going on as if we'd get anywhere in the CL. Let's be honest we were lucky to get to the quarters last time and when we did we got embarrassed by a much better side. I'd much rather be in a competition we stood a chance of winning.

Let's say we had gotten into CL. I can't see us getting blown out by many teams. Let's say Bale continues to progress, a striker or two comes in, and we have a consistent performer at LB (doesn't matter who), I can see us playing with anyone. I understand that realistically we wouldn't have a chance to win the whole thing, yet playing against top quality opponents can only help us improve and get us a greater global reach.

I don't think we are as far away from competing for the Title as others. I'm very optimistic about this coming season. Both Manchester team's are going through new manager transitional periods. Chelsea, yet again, bringing in another Manager and still doesn't have that top quality ST to dominate. Woolwich not willing to spend big to improve. I think next season can be our season. I see us as having a top Keeper in the League, one of the top defenses, a very strong top midfield, and the best player in the EPL.

This is honestly the first post I think I have seen you make that doesn't mention how inferior we are to the nomads. :gallashmm:

Yeah. And even then, still seems like a post a gooner troll would make. Are we really supposed to sit here and cry that we aren't in the CL?

(If you are genuine though WW, sorry lol)

Are we really supposed to sit here and cry that we aren't in the CL?
This is the part that got me:
Once you've had CL football you can't go back to the fucking Rejects League
The PL only has four slots to give. We have two clubs owned by gazillionnaires. We have two more clubs with huge match-day revenue that dwarfs ours. To this list we can add one more club that has a massive international base and revenue expanding opportunities we don't have. As well as a wage bill that is greater than ours.

The point is that I can't see Spurs making the CL every year. I think, over the next five or so years, we'll see up to six different clubs from the PL in the CL, but since we're on the bottom end of wages, revenue, and marketing of those six clubs, it would only be logical that we'd be the club to miss out from time to time. Maybe if the stadium works out as hoped, we'll be able to establish a firmer grasp on top 4, but it's a tall ask.

It strikes me as far more likely that a sort of top 6 (or so) will emerge, which can be further split into a top 2 and lower 4 or 3 + 3, than it will be that we get a permanent hold on CL and avoid the "Rejects League".

It strikes me as far more likely that a sort of top 6 (or so) will emerge, which can be further split into a top 2 and lower 4 or 3 + 3, than it will be that we get a permanent hold on CL and avoid the "Rejects League".

Exactly, the air is thin at the top. And it's really competitive.

We'd have chanced our ways to the semi's then Bale would have hit a top corner belter for us to beat Chavski which would set up a mouth watern final against Barcelona who would once again be undone by the pace of Lennon and the long range shots of Bale

UCL FINAL 2014

Tottenham 3-2 Barcelona

:vdvcry:

livermore will score the winner, i've seen him score v Barca before!

Let's say we had gotten into CL. I can't see us getting blown out by many teams. Let's say Bale continues to progress, a striker or two comes in, and we have a consistent performer at LB (doesn't matter who), I can see us playing with anyone. I understand that realistically we wouldn't have a chance to win the whole thing, yet playing against top quality opponents can only help us improve and get us a greater global reach.

I don't think we are as far away from competing for the Title as others. I'm very optimistic about this coming season. Both Manchester team's are going through new manager transitional periods. Chelsea, yet again, bringing in another Manager and still doesn't have that top quality ST to dominate. Woolwich not willing to spend big to improve. I think next season can be our season. I see us as having a top Keeper in the League, one of the top defenses, a very strong top midfield, and the best player in the EPL.

ha ha ha our fans overrate us so much, expectations are wayyy too high. Also, if we're as close to having the perfect team to win the league as you say we are, how comes we were miles away from United this season? "Transitional periods" won't affect United, City, or Chelsea as they have a lot of top players to cope with it. Woolwich are shit yet they still finish above us all the time. I don't see how you can think we'll win the league next year if we're still finishing 5th.

Back
Top Bottom