Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m shattered after that! VDV unbelievably good today. He’s a monster. If we had a bit more belief late on we could’ve put them under more pressure and beat them. Sonny finishes both class and unlucky not to score a hatrick. Deki very good today. Biss horrid first half but excellent second half. Madders is the key to us though as when he went off the whole creative side of our game goes. I really hope we get Veliz on the pitch at some point because if sonny goes off we need a centre forward who can make us a threat.
All in all it was decent but I feel that’s a chance missed as they think they played well but we’ve got so much more in the locker.
6 more days to the next game just seems too far away.

Glad to get the point. Of the two teams, they'll be the more disappointed not to grab a winner.

Looking forward to seeing what Big Ange says in the post-mortem: we didn't play our proper game today. Not sure if it was Woolwich being a little too slick or the occasion getting to us but we need to be better than that. Then again it's worth remembering we're only six league games into Ange's reign. This is far from a bad start.

Sounds like cope but I honestly value Maddison NOT doing his ACL (my heart was in my mouth) more than any result this afternoon.

We had these pricks on the ropes but tide seems to have turned, they're getting too many corners for my liking
Yeah we had them on the ropes. Needed good subs the to keep momentum going but we sat too deep at the end. We should have won that after a bunch of their players went off. If had kept doing what we did for the equaliser we would have easily won. Not sure we didn’t have the belief. Really MADDs should be the captain his the main who drives the team forward. Even when we are under the cosh there is no one telling the player to push and press higher. Tbh bit disappointed with our press through out the game. Only MADDs really done it.
Would have taken draw before the game but as game played out felt we should have won. So a bit disappointed now not to get all 3 points.

I'm staying positive based on how aggressive the physio stretched his hamstring. Looked more crampy or something
I thought the same. You don’t put the leg over your shoulder and push down if the hamstring is done. Usually they wrap it in ice as well? Perhaps it was cramp, and they thought there’s no point risking it. Might have been the plan to take him off anyway

For me, it was Madders and Sonny both coming off at the same time that hurt us.

We needed at least one higher quality creative technical player and/or proven goalscorer.

what worries me about this side is how vital Maddison is for us to tick , I think had he been able to play the full 90 we win, still fair play we went to the library and I’m disappointed with a draw , says it all!
Ange ball is only just beginning, if we can make some smart moves in January then who knows, city will still walk the league but we need to be there just in case ….

Only gripe for me is withdrawing Son for Ricky who offered next to nothing, would have liked to see Sonny have a chance to write his name in the history of this rivalry in a big way with a third

Back
Top Bottom