Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't applying that comment to you; more the idiot you were sympathising with. :)

He's already convinced himself that Sessengon is shit anyway on the basis that we were able to buy him in the first place.

Of course, it's natural to want to see him do well.... However, that geezer indiscriminately shits all over everything like a petulant little child.

Yea, I got what you meant.
I just tried to soften the blow and put myself bit into his / their shoes. Though yes, I still don't sympathise with how far he / they have taken it all.

It's about an overarching understanding of nutritional recovery, and focus, I know is lacking at the club (well amongst Poch and his closest team).

This is how they manifest, why are all our signings injured (barring Ndomdele, who is fatigued) ?

Because they all arrived into a regime of elevated physical demand, which is not adequately supported nutritionally, or, in sophisticated recovery techniques and timing schedules. Demand outstrips supply.

What did Klopp say of Poch and him being similar? "No, I'm not like that, I don't kill my players" (paraphrase). It's known in the industry sadly. Klopps team play high intensity every week, yet look fresh virtually every game (*** Shocker, I think with the same players we have, Klopp has us up there with City, Pool with Poch after 3 seasons would have them 3-5th IMO burnt out).

You are what you eat. We never ate well enough to press, to recover our reserves early season...

How is it working out for Poch? Dragging them through with inspirational speeches and spirit lifting will only go so far.

Just frustrating.

When you play and train high intensity, you burn more, more of most everything, but key they miss is electrolytes in the right forms, it is plain as day to the right eyes. The tissues become too acidic, which slows the recovery as the lymph slows with lowering pH, it is a vicious cycle and no wonder the squad is disharmonious presently (as I bet he has them on double sessions due to the poor start, lower pH further, instead of letting in more oxygen and minerals and lowering metabolic demand for a week or 6...)
Bloody levy being a cheap skate again and skimping on the canteen food! :levystare:

Yea, I got what you meant.
I just tried to soften the blow and put myself bit into his / their shoes. Though yes, I still don't sympathise with how far he / they have taken it all.

Way too kind of you.

Last edited:
More revisionist rubbish. He was injured before we signed him.

FUCKING HELL!!!!!!! ...OUR 'FANS'????????? :avbfacepalm:

Ryan proves Zest right

Sorry, older one above, but it was reported he had another setback this past week...

Right on queue, just random bad luck I suppose? Or, intensity is not correctly tapered down for recovering players...

This coupled with shit-all understanding of biological energy dynamics (in the core team that matters), is a recipe for squad wide fatigue, oh wait!

Ryan proves Zest right

Sorry, older one above, but it was reported he had another setback this past week...

Right on queue, just random bad luck I suppose? Or, intensity is not correctly tapered down for recovering players...

This coupled with shit-all understanding of biological energy dynamics (in the core team that matters), is a recipe for squad wide fatigue, oh wait!

"suffering a setback in his recovery from injury." - Ergo he WAS already injured.

As for food: Tell me what the boys themselves eat and we can go from there... (I didn't say you didn't understand the theory. I said you were shoehorning it into a scenario you didn't have have the necesary info. on).

My memory is not what it used to be - Could someone remind me, was Sessegnon signed injured or did he get injured after we signed him? Either way, is he likely to be fit to play anytime soon?

My memory is not what it used to be - Could someone remind me, was Sessegnon signed injured or did he get injured after we signed him? Either way, is he likely to be fit to play anytime soon?
Not like he will get much of a chance anyway. Poch will never play him ahead of Dele, Son or even Lucas.

Inured pre-signing whilst with England.... Agrivated the injury with us during recovery a few weeks back.

Do not think the original intention was for him to have much of a role in the first team but our disastrous results have made us desperate to give anyone a chance in the hope it will work. He was signed as one for the future but now I think he will get thrown in and will either sink or swim.

Fcuking unreal how someone so young can be injured with a hamstring injury for so long.

Disappointing.
This makes no sense whatsoever. If you tear a hamstring you tear a hamstring, it makes absolutely no difference what age you are.

There is even a possible argument that it’s more important to take longer on his recovery so that there isn’t any reoccurrence in the future.

This makes no sense whatsoever. If you tear a hamstring you tear a hamstring, it makes absolutely no difference what age you are.

There is even a possible argument that it’s more important to take longer on his recovery so that there isn’t any reoccurrence in the future.

I said disappointing. It is. Not a drama.

Back
Top Bottom