Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he was actually going to rip it up at liverpool or city he would've been picked up by one of them way before Levy decided to open his wallet. Their superior scouts already decided to move on after his failed Premier league debut last season. It's so spursy to see the club penny pinching on actual talented players and then suddenly breaking the bank for a 19 year old with 34 year old hamstrings. Could have bought a decent right back for 25 million instead.

34 year old hamstrings? I don't know why I bother responding yet I still do so clearly I'm as mad as you are!

The kid has just turned 19, has one full season of Premier League football to his name, clearly wants to play for Spurs yet you turn on him before he's even kicked a ball? No wonder some players aren't loyal to clubs, why be loyal to a fanbase willing to judge you before seeing how you settle and get on in different surroundings, around different players at a different club. Madness yet here I am, still responding so clearly I'm the mug here.

As for the scouting networks of other clubs not picking him up.... I could give you a never ending list of players that got overlooked only to end up being shit hot elsewhere but I won't because I think it's clear to everyone, including yourself that one mans judgement doesn't make a player good or bad. As for them not moving for him, how do you know Klopp didn't make a move for him? It was widely reported for a fair old amount of time that Sessegnon fancied a move that allowed him to stay in London.

Look, it's up to you mate but personally I think slagging off a kid 7 games into the season before he even kicks a ball for us is pretty harsh and uncalled for. I don't think that's fair on him at all.

34 year old hamstrings? I don't know why I bother responding yet I still do so clearly I'm as mad as you are!

The kid has just turned 19, has one full season of Premier League football to his name, clearly wants to play for Spurs yet you turn on him before he's even kicked a ball? No wonder some players aren't loyal to clubs, why be loyal to a fanbase willing to judge you before seeing how you settle and get on in different surroundings, around different players at a different club. Madness yet here I am, still responding so clearly I'm the mug here.

As for the scouting networks of other clubs not picking him up.... I could give you a never ending list of players that got overlooked only to end up being shit hot elsewhere but I won't because I think it's clear to everyone, including yourself that one mans judgement doesn't make a player good or bad. As for them not moving for him, how do you know Klopp didn't make a move for him? It was widely reported for a fair old amount of time that Sessegnon fancied a move that allowed him to stay in London.

Look, it's up to you mate but personally I think slagging off a kid 7 games into the season before he even kicks a ball for us is pretty harsh and uncalled for. I don't think that's fair on him at all.

It's when people see fit to literally and gratuitously make shit up in order to pile into the club that truly fucks me off.....

We have some proper cunts in our fan base.... (I guess the only consolation is that most clubs probably do.)

It's when people see fit to literally and gratuitously make shit up in order to pile into the club that truly fucks me off.....

We have some proper cunts in our fan base.... (I guess the only consolation is that most clubs probably do.)

I don't mind people having digs when digs are required, even I recently laid into Poch a fair bit because I think he's slacking on things in a big way at present but to slate a kid that's just turned 19, one who is still the only player ever to get monimated for the Young player of the year award whilst playing out of the top flight. People need to leave the kid alone. We wonder why some kids crumble, it's exactly the kind of attitude towards him on this thread that doesn't do young players in this country any favours. Let him get fit, enjoy his football and let's just see how he ends up before we speculate if he's been a poor guy or not. Two months into joining and not a minute played and we read the stuff we see on here, it's madness :avbfacepalm:

Agreed

Hamstring towards the end of June when playing with E u21s

Spurs sign him on 8 August

So about 6 weeks or so for Spurs to make the decision to buy him despite the injury - and a medical will have taken place to assure ourselves the hamstring was not unusual.

When he's fit he might play for Spurs for a decade or so, and a 2 or 3 month delay to make his debut is not significant in those timescales.
A bit like waiting for the first game at the new stadium, frustrating wait but so worth it when it actually happens.
🤞

Last edited:

I remember all the chatter about landing Sessegnon for £50m during summer last year. Crazy stuff. I guess we did buy him at a discount after he was found out last season. But I'm afraid we did pay an extra 10-15 million in excess just for an overrated poor mans Aaron Lennon with HG status.

More revisionist rubbish. He was injured before we signed him.

FUCKING HELL!!!!!!! ...OUR 'FANS'????????? :avbfacepalm:

STFU dude, he cannot recover well.

Like Lo Celso

Like NDombele

Like Harry

Because, as usual, there is an excess of metabolic churn coursing through our players frames.

It is quite fucking clear, to anybody who understands the human body. There is clearly not sufficient focus on minimising purine forming foods during high intensity training periods (etcetera).

Sheesh

STFU dude, he cannot recover well.

Like Lo Celso

Like NDombele

Like Harry

Because, as usual, there is an excess of metabolic churn coursing through our players frames.

It is quite fucking clear, to anybody who understands the human body. There is clearly not sufficient focus on minimising purine forming foods during high intensity training periods (etcetera).

Sheesh

Why didn't you say so to begin with.... :pocheyes:

Out of curiosity, what did Toby Alderwierld have for dinner last night?

STFU, "dude".

I remember all the chatter about landing Sessegnon for £50m during summer last year. Crazy stuff. I guess we did buy him at a discount after he was found out last season. But I'm afraid we did pay an extra 10-15 million in excess just for an overrated poor mans Aaron Lennon with HG status.

I'll reserve judgment on him until I see him get a fair crack at it in a Spurs shirt pal :adethumbup:

So desperate to see a still very young and new Spurs player fail, embarrassing.

Why didn't you say so to begin with.... :pocheyes:

Out of curiosity, what did Toby Alderwierld have for dinner last night?

STFU, "dude".

It's about an overarching understanding of nutritional recovery, and focus, I know is lacking at the club (well amongst Poch and his closest team).

This is how they manifest, why are all our signings injured (barring Ndomdele, who is fatigued) ?

Because they all arrived into a regime of elevated physical demand, which is not adequately supported nutritionally, or, in sophisticated recovery techniques and timing schedules. Demand outstrips supply.

What did Klopp say of Poch and him being similar? "No, I'm not like that, I don't kill my players" (paraphrase). It's known in the industry sadly. Klopps team play high intensity every week, yet look fresh virtually every game (*** Shocker, I think with the same players we have, Klopp has us up there with City, Pool with Poch after 3 seasons would have them 3-5th IMO burnt out).

You are what you eat. We never ate well enough to press, to recover our reserves early season...

How is it working out for Poch? Dragging them through with inspirational speeches and spirit lifting will only go so far.

Just frustrating.

When you play and train high intensity, you burn more, more of most everything, but key they miss is electrolytes in the right forms, it is plain as day to the right eyes. The tissues become too acidic, which slows the recovery as the lymph slows with lowering pH, it is a vicious cycle and no wonder the squad is disharmonious presently (as I bet he has them on double sessions due to the poor start, lower pH further, instead of letting in more oxygen and minerals and lowering metabolic demand for a week or 6...)

It's about an overarching understanding of nutritional recovery, and focus, I know is lacking at the club (well amongst Poch and his closest team).

This is how they manifest, why are all our signings injured (barring Ndomdele, who is fatigued) ?

Because they all arrived into a regime of elevated physical demand, which is not adequately supported nutritionally, or, in sophisticated recovery techniques and timing schedules. Demand outstrips supply.

What did Klopp say of Poch and him being similar? "No, I'm not like that, I don't kill my players" (paraphrase). It's known in the industry sadly. Klopps team play high intensity every week, yet look fresh virtually every game (*** Shocker, I think with the same players we have, Klopp has us up there with City, Pool with Poch after 3 seasons would have them 3-5th IMO burnt out).

You are what you eat. We never ate well enough to press, to recover our reserves early season...

How is it working out for Poch? Dragging them through with inspirational speeches and spirit lifting will only go so far.

Just frustrating.

When you play and train high intensity, you burn more, more of most everything, but key they miss is electrolytes in the right forms, it is plain as day to the right eyes. The tissues become too acidic, which slows the recovery as the lymph slows with lowering pH, it is a vicious cycle and no wonder the squad is disharmonious presently (as I bet he has them on double sessions due to the poor start, lower pH further, instead of letting in more oxygen and minerals and lowering metabolic demand for a week or 6...)

TL/DR

Simple question: How can you confidently say anything like this when you don't know what the players are (or aren't) eating?

Not to mention you're making such knee jerk judgements on the basis of 2 players that got injured on international duty whilst having largely been conditioned by OTHER teams.....

All reeks of you trying to shoehorn something you just learned at Uni into proceedings.

Last edited:
Can only post what the club of reputable journos tell us.

Sessegnon started training with first team on or about 12 September (see Injury Thread around that date) and had some sort of minor irritation so went back into medical hands

I'd imagine that Sessegnon will be brought back more slowly. With the language used by the club it looks like within the next month.....provided everything goes well.

Yes, I understand. It was not a dig directed at you, but rather to club hollow statements :thumbup:

We get it. You hate every single player that has or have played for Spurs for some reason or another.

Goodness gracious I am generally a pessimist but this is something else.

Generally speaking, I understand frustration. I DO!

We all like to see the new purchase to get up and running absolutely as soon as possible. It is a joyous part of being a football fan - to expect and be surprised (either positively or negatively) by how a new player your loved club as purchased plays. Ofc when his debut is postponed for 2 months, it is dissapointing on that level.

But come on, have some perspective. He is a 19 yo player who is contracted to Spurs for next SIX YEARS !!! Has plenty of time to recover from the current issue.

And I am not saying that he might not have some issues with hammies - I just don't know. Maybe he will spend much time on treatment table (I hope he doesn't though). But then come and rant about it when it has happened. Right now we don't know if this will be a case or not.

I hope and trust Sessegnon's first serious injury is one he fully recovers from without further recurrence.

He is in my opinion a player who will be very good for us but as yet it's anyone"s guess where Pochettino would play him.

If it's aggression people are looking for forget it so I think he will be utilised in our midfield on either flank.

His delivery of a ball is superb and he us clever with it and with a keen eye for goal.

But as ever we shall see but to damn him and the price we paid before he has had a few months with us is then to need to do the same to Lo Celso, Lamela and a few others.

Generally speaking, I understand frustration. I DO!

We all like to see the new purchase to get up and running absolutely as soon as possible. It is a joyous part of being a football fan - to expect and be surprised (either positively or negatively) by how a new player your loved club as purchased plays. Ofc when his debut is postponed for 2 months, it is dissapointing on that level.

But come on, have some perspective. He is a 19 yo player who is contracted to Spurs for next SIX YEARS !!! Has plenty of time to recover from the current issue.

And I am not saying that he might not have some issues with hammies - I just don't know. Maybe he will spend much time on treatment table (I hope he doesn't though). But then come and rant about it when it has happened. Right now we don't know if this will be a case or not.

Spoiled brat/new toy syndrome.....

I want my new toy and I want it NOW.......

NO sympathy here.

Spoiled brat/new toy syndrome.....

I want my new toy and I want it NOW.......

NO sympathy here.

Would not be SO harsh.
I too would like to see (and am really curious about) how he performs for us :)

Though I would never express my interest / couriosity like some others have here...

Levy gets better every window , convinced the whole world we have signed one of the best English prospects yet the fucker has never even been seen to kick a ball for ya yet, I’m calling the bald fucker out on this! Until I see him kick a ball for us it’s fake news!

Would not be SO harsh.
I too would like to see (and am really curious about) how he performs for us :)

Though I would never express my interest / couriosity like some others have here...

Wasn't applying that comment to you; more the idiot you were sympathising with. :)

He's already convinced himself that Sessengon is shit anyway on the basis that we were able to buy him in the first place.

Of course, it's natural to want to see him do well.... However, that geezer indiscriminately shits all over everything like a petulant little child.

Back
Top Bottom