Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Early days but looks like he’ll be used as a wide forward (which is fine).

Just put LB on our shopping list

People (myself included) literally said he would not play LB for a year prior to us even signing him. He played almost exclusively as a LW the last 18 months at Fulham. The idea that a player would willingly forfeit the significant potential career earnings difference between playing up front and at LB is absurd. He was always going to be a forward.

Hes nailed on for the front wide positions. Quick direct and looks to have a decent end product. Lo celso lamela son sess alli eriksen moura is some options behind kane. We might have started slow but have we ever had that depth in our front options?

People (myself included) literally said he would not play LB for a year prior to us even signing him. He played almost exclusively as a LW the last 18 months at Fulham. The idea that a player would willingly forfeit the significant potential career earnings difference between playing up front and at LB is absurd. He was always going to be a forward.

Yeah Fulham mate told me to expect the same.

I'm very ok with it. Outside of Son, i feel Poch has really neglected quick direct wide players. Hopefully Sess and Clarke are the start of something

Is he, dare I say it, a little faster than most of us on here expected?

tenor.gif

Mourinho:

"I think Ryan is absolutely fantastic, I have known him since a kid in Fulham. When he comes to the first team in the Premier League it is different to the Championhip. I think in this moment he is a winger on the left, can also play on the right, can learn progressively and even developing physically, which he is doing. Even last time I saw him and the first time I met him when I came here he is already different physically.

“I think Ryan can play as a left-back. Probably the best left-back in the last decade was Ashley Cole, in spite of him being from two enemy clubs, but he was fantastic. But Ryan has lots of similarities with Ashley, and he can learn how to defend. In the future I think he can be (a left-back) but in this moment he is not ready to play as a left-back.”

Last edited:

Daily Mirror Chief Football Writer John Cross revealed Mourinho is a big fan of Sessegnon - and has been for some time.
"Ryan Sessegnon should have no worries about being a major part of Jose Mourinho’s plans at Tottenham.
New Spurs boss Mourinho tried to sign England prospect Sessegnon, 19, for THREE transfer windows running while in charge of Manchester United."

Daily Mirror Chief Football Writer John Cross revealed Mourinho is a big fan of Sessegnon - and has been for some time.
"Ryan Sessegnon should have no worries about being a major part of Jose Mourinho’s plans at Tottenham.
New Spurs boss Mourinho tried to sign England prospect Sessegnon, 19, for THREE transfer windows running while in charge of Manchester United."
Mourinho said today in the press conference that he doesn't see him as a left-back at the moment, he sees him as a left winger.

Mourinho:

"I think Ryan is absolutely fantastic, I have known him since a kid in Fulham. When he comes to the first team in the Premier League it is different to the Championhip. I think in this moment he is a winger on the left, can also play on the right, can learn progressively and even developing physically, which he is doing. Even last time I saw him and the first time I met him when I came here he is already different physically.

“I think Ryan can play as a left-back. Probably the best left-back in the last decade was Ashley Cole, in spite of him being from two enemy clubs, but he was fantastic. But Ryan has lots of similarities with Ashley, and he can learn how to defend. In the future I think he can be (a left-back) but in this moment he is not ready to play as a left-back.”

Lets all remember this statement when people start calling for him to be put at LB

I learned quite a lot from his short cameo. He is very athletic and now looks stronger. He breaks with speed at every opportunity and looks to be played through, players often didn’t play the pass. His passing and brain looks elite, one touch weighted perfectly and knew where to play it beforehand. I think he will be awesome for us soon. May just be my fav signing now.

I would like to see Sessegnon and Son combo sometimes.

I think the team will be more balanced with Son and Sessegnon than having both Son & Lucas who are both similar players.

Ryan can play LW or LWB and Son can play RW or RWF.

Back
Top Bottom