Romelu Lukaku

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely, he's not a Terry/Lampard or anyone of them lot even by a long shot.

People are banging on about Mourinho not wanting, him, which I corrected (Lukaku went over Mourinho's head to leave) but it fell on deaf ears I feel.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/445985/Tell-the-truth-Romelu-Lukaku-wanted-to-go-storms-Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho

Well Jose can go to ways now, play the "I was wrong" and do one of his tricks publicly apologising saying if he had lukaku they could have been champions, and takes him back and they ride into sunset together, or its stubborn jose lets him go, and will be interesting to see who else would come in for him

Well Jose can go to ways now, play the "I was wrong" and do one of his tricks publicly apologising saying if he had lukaku they could have been champions, and takes him back and they ride into sunset together, or its stubborn jose lets him go, and will be interesting to see who else would come in for him

Mourinho never does that, he holds grudges. Mata, Ramos & Casillas instantly come to mind

Hoddle hazard and Allen don't count. Greaves was a genius. Like the way you hid him amongst the shit.

The rest were dreadful bar a season off Parker. Why do we want another reject from them. Why would they let him go if their strike force is so bad?
We can't generalise, all the players have different talent levels. Liverpool took a risk on Sturridge after being a chelsea reject, I like Lukaku, as a 20 y/o he still needs to learn but in noway do I want Soldado as my lone striker next season.

We can't generalise, all the players have different talent levels. Liverpool took a risk on Sturridge after being a chelsea reject, I like Lukaku, as a 20 y/o he still needs to learn but in noway do I want Soldado as my lone striker next season.

I think people struggle (including the managers) to see that Soldado isn't a lone striker (nor suited to that role) and so he's crap like that. We're crap like that too. 2 up top is needed. What we need is a Bony/Lukaku type player to be threading in shots and Soldado to be the 6 yard vulture. A good pre-season, a decent coaching staff and a few tweaks is all we need

I think people struggle (including the managers) to see that Soldado isn't a lone striker (nor suited to that role) and so he's crap like that. We're crap like that too. 2 up top is needed. What we need is a Bony/Lukaku type player to be threading in shots and Soldado to be the 6 yard vulture. A good pre-season, a decent coaching staff and a few tweaks is all we need

Given when we bought soldado we had avb who likes one up top it seems a strange decision to buy him, Sherwood also mostly favours one up front, bit of a crazy situation really. Love lukaku and bony to come here, we could be like manure used to be, play shit and still win 3-0.

I think a bit much is made of "Should be a prem player". Players move domestically and dont produce shit. Alternatively players come in from abroad and are a massive success.

Im more interested in the "right" player than where they are from. For example, what if we had gone for Negredo instead of Soldado?

Exactly, we need to find a striker to fit our system (when we get one :sherwoodlol:) rather than just buying a striker with a good goal to game ratio.

Cheeky bid?

Same old shit sadly....

Bench... Wages... Nope.

Utd, Chavs, Arse... Bayern, BVB, PSG who knows but he'll be gunning for an so-called elite team and/or first XI status.

Personally think the only way we break this 'dillema' and entice the level of player we need (given our restrictions) is to show signs of wanting to play 2 up top.

You don't have to go 2 up top in a traditional sense.
Kane, Lukaku, Eriksen and Dele in a pretty flexible formation would be devastating.

Indeed, but it's about giving that impression to (craftily) dispel the idea of being bought as a 'support' or 'second' striker... It may be transparent to some players or agents, but with our transfer policy, something's gotta give; we just have too many boxes to tick for a player to fit the defined profile.... Just trying to think outside of the box.

I feel every player is bought with a view to be a first team player. I know Poch says they are bought to train but I feel most players come with a view to playing a lot of the time. With Kane and Dele as our 2 most forward players any new player will need to oust one of them or Poch will play Dele deeper. Would Lukaka believe he will get enough starts? If not he will not come to Spurs. I think we will go for someone less experienced in that position.

I feel every player is bought with a view to be a first team player. I know Poch says they are bought to train but I feel most players come with a view to playing a lot of the time. With Kane and Dele as our 2 most forward players any new player will need to oust one of them or Poch will play Dele deeper. Would Lukaka believe he will get enough starts? If not he will not come to Spurs. I think we will go for someone less experienced in that position.
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweirald, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Dele, Lukaku][/formation]
With Vorm, Davies, Dier, Winks, Son, Lamela, GKN on the bench.
Champions.
When Lukaku pulls wide, Kane goes through the middle, or Dele runs beyond him. The opposition wouldn't know if they were coming or going.

He may be as dull as dishwater, but Danny Murphy just addressed this very issue in relation to us on TSport...

Made a lot of balanced and sensible comments. Whilst the typical media-troll narrative consists of ill-considered crap like "they shoulda spent big in January", he acknowledges that it's only our bench that separates us from the big boys when pursuing glory and concluded that whilst it's worked for us fantastically SO FAR in terms of what we've built, we can only keep this up for so long... Sooner or later Levy will have to concur to market values (esp. wages) or what we've built will be forceably dismantled as (IF!) we fail to live up to our promise and the players ambitions.

No doubt many Spurs will yell "New stadium", but we need to wake up to the fact that the day we kick off in the new stadium a big bag of cash won't miraculously fall into our lap. Even before the increased stadium costs/debt, it would have taken a while for the funds to trickle through to the player budget (which could well likely equate to another 3 years or more under the current shackles).

(Crucify me for being a doom-monger if ya'll must, but make no mistake, I'm proud of what we are doing, however consolidating all this good work is it's own proposition which should not be taken lightly...)

Last edited:
He may be as dull as dishwater, but Danny Murphy just addressed this very issue in relation to us on TSport...

Made a lot of balanced and sensible comments. Whilst the typical media-troll narrative consists of ill-considered crap like "they shoulda spent big in January", he acknowles that it's only our bench that separates us from the big boys when pursuing glory and that concluded whilst it's worked for us fantastically SO FAR in terms of what we've built, we can only keep this up for so long... Sooner or later Levy will have to concur to market values (esp. wages) or what we've built will be force ably dismantled as (IF!) we fail to live up to our promise and the players ambitions.

No doubt many Spurs will yell "New stadium", but we need to wake up to the fact that the day we kick off in the new stadium a big bad of cash won't miraculously fall into our lap. Even before the increased stadium costs/debt, it would have taken a while for the funds to trickle through to the player budget (which could well likely equate to another 3 years or more under the current shackles).

(Crucify me for being a doom-monger if ya'll must, but make no mistake, I'm proud of what we are doing, however consolidating all this good work is it's own proposition which should not be taken lightly...)

Back
Top Bottom