Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is a bit concerning that a player that grew up an Woolwich supporter has now badly injured 2 spurs players in the last 3 seasons with terrible tackles.

These players are human and it’s reasonable that he could be trying to injure spurs players.
It’s probably more reasonable that he’s a shit footballer who throws himself into tackles because he doesn’t really have a lot else to his game.

I’d go with that theory.

The guidance is written into the law! It's been posted in here at least twice already.

Your last paragraph is incorrect as well, as some referees ARE interpreting it that way. If they weren't then Romero wouldn't have missed 3 games.

The plain and simple fact is that the law is being "interpreted" rather than followed. The wording is clear and leaves no room for interpretation. We're not talking about intent here, we're talking about clear rules which were broken when he lunged in, high and out of control. You can "interpret" that it was petulant and premeditated, but that's irrelevant when the law clearly states that if “Any player who lunges at an opponent for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or two legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.”

Cash's tackle ticks every single one of those boxes for serious foul play, only a fool would say otherwise. The law is unequivocal in what the punishment should be, and that is a sending off.

You keep harping back to interpretation, this law doesn't allow for that. It's simply not being enforced correctly or, more to the point, it is being enforced selectively.
Jeez. I’m not gonna keep posting because we’re going around in circles.

My final point on this is in relation to excessive force, which forms part of the wording you quoted and the law you think applies. There’s no binary test for excessive force, it’s all interpretation so the law is not clear as you claim. And refs are not seeing Cash’s tackle as excessive force, hence why we aren’t seeing other similar incidents given as a red. I understand you think the law is clear and it should be, that’s fine I’m not really refuting that, I’m saying that if you watched every min of every PL game this season, you’d see that Cash’s tackle and others like that aren’t being given as a red card.

I don’t want to continue arguing on the topic, have enough rows with supporters or other teams without coming here for the same. We won’t agree on the topic, that’s fine. 👍

Have i missed something or are we having a competition about who can be most upset and devastated by a player being injured?

It was a bad tackle, Bentancur got injured. Yeh it’s terrible I know but fuck me, shit happens. Some of the posting on here is ridiculously melodramatic. Reading this thread it feels like some people are in some sort of grief contest.

Have we turned into RAWK?

Sad Michael J Fox GIF

So sorry……

Jeez. I’m not gonna keep posting because we’re going around in circles.

My final point on this is in relation to excessive force, which forms part of the wording you quoted and the law you think applies. There’s no binary test for excessive force, it’s all interpretation so the law is not clear as you claim. And refs are not seeing Cash’s tackle as excessive force, hence why we aren’t seeing other similar incidents given as a red. I understand you think the law is clear and it should be, that’s fine I’m not really refuting that, I’m saying that if you watched every min of every PL game this season, you’d see that Cash’s tackle and others like that aren’t being given as a red card.

I don’t want to continue arguing on the topic, have enough rows with supporters or other teams without coming here for the same. We won’t agree on the topic, that’s fine. 👍
Read it again mate. It doesn't state that there must be excessive force, that's just one element to consider. He's lunged in late and high from behind. That endangers an opponent.

Whether they "interpret" excessive force or not, it's not the sole decider.

However, the one thing we do agree on is that we won't agree, so we'll leave it at that.

It’s probably more reasonable that he’s a shit footballer who throws himself into tackles because he doesn’t really have a lot else to his game.

I’d go with that theory.
Yet he manages to avoid injuring players against every other team?

Your theory is sound to a point. But it's just as reasonable to say he's a shit Footballer, who has targeted Spurs players for a greater degree of aggression, because he's a gooner.

Have i missed something or are we having a competition about who can be most upset and devastated by a player being injured?

It was a bad tackle, Bentancur got injured. Yeh it’s terrible I know but fuck me, shit happens. Some of the posting on here is ridiculously melodramatic. Reading this thread it feels like some people are in some sort of grief contest.

Have we turned into RAWK?

This season we've fully turned into conspiracy theorists and drama queens

The Fighting RAWK

The former Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen took millions in personal loans from a financier before joining the donor’s controversial new political party.

Bridgen, who was expelled by the Tories in April but remains in parliament, received £3.9 million in loans from Jeremy Hosking to help fund a legal battle with his brother over the Bridgen family’s potato farm.

Bridgen, who represents North West Leicestershire, has denied the funding can be linked to political business, saying it solely related to a private and personal matter, but has now declared the sums to the Commons registrar because “with regard to quantum of assistance, the guidelines are more clear-cut”.

The issue of Conservative MPs defecting to other right-wing parties has become more prominent after Lee Anderson, the deputy chairman, alleged that Reform UK had offered him a job if he were to defect. Its leader, Richard Tice, denied offering money to Anderson or any other MP.

Bridgen lost the legal case against his brother and was branded “dishonest” by a judge. He was ordered to pay an £800,000 settlement and evicted from his country home after the dispute, which was covered by loans from Hosking.

There is no requirement for Hosking to have ensured disclosure of the loans, which is Bridgen’s responsibility, and there is no allegation of wrongdoing by the donor.

Bridgen is the only MP for the hard-right Reclaim Party, led by the actor turned right-wing populist Laurence Fox. Hosking is the party’s primary funder, having given it £3.2 million since 2020.

Hosking has given right-wing parties and Brexit campaigners £8.9 million since 2009, including £1.8 million to Vote Leave, £2.2 million to Reform UK, £230,000 to the Conservative Party and its MPs and £150,000 to Labour Leave.

The financier, who has a stake in Crystal Palace FC, made his money in the City as an investment manager. Outside of politics he is among the country’s foremost collectors of steam trains.

The legal battle between Bridgen and his brother came after the MP had accused AB Farms of forcing him out of a £93,000-a-year second job that required him to attend a monthly board meeting. The judge found that rather than being bullied out of the job, as he alleged, Bridgen resigned in order to reduce the amount he might owe his first wife, Jackie, in divorce proceedings.

Judge Brian Rawlings also found that Bridgen pressured a police inspector in his parliamentary constituency to launch a costly one-year investigation into allegations against his estranged younger brother, Paul Bridgen, 55, who runs the firm.

Bridgen has declared £43,600 in interest-free loans to cover accommodation costs of his constituency home from Hosking, as well as payments for political consultancy worth £75,000 and other support in relation to an unspecified legal matter worth £12,400 from Reclaim.

According to court documents, Bridgen also launched proceedings against Matt Hancock, the former health secretary, in May for calling him an antisemite on Twitter, after Bridgen compared the Covid-19 vaccination programme to the Holocaust. The claim form states that Bridgen is seeking £75,000 in damages from Hancock.

In response to the AB Farms judgement, Bridgen last year told The Sunday Times that “we live in an imperfect world” and said his legal team were “exploring all avenues with regard to legal options to obtain a just outcome”.

“If courts always got everything correct the first time there would be no need for appeal mechanisms,” he said, adding: “With regard to the legal disputes with the shareholders of the companies of which I am a major shareholder and with Matt Hancock, both of these cases remain ongoing and I will make statements when they are resolved.

“I would also point out any sum awarded by the court and any unspent legal funds regarding the action against Matt Hancock will all be going to a charity supporting the vaccine-injured and bereaved.”

Hosking said: “The record shows that Andrew Bridgen has been robust, courageous and above all independent in his parliamentary activities. I should state to you categorically that as far as I am aware, there has been no political or financial impropriety whatsoever in my relationship with Bridgen.”

Bridgen was suspended from the Conservative Party in January over his comments regarding the Covid-19 vaccine. He was then expelled outright in April.
Look I kind of drifted out did that wanker Andrew Bridgen pay Matty Cash!

You can quote the rule book all you want and I won’t dispute what you’re saying is written within that, but the application of any written laws are just as, if not more important than what’s on paper.

You will rarely find any tackles like Cash’s that result in red cards. I’d personally prefer they did, that’s just not how refs interpret and apply the law today.

He’s not out of control, it’s not studs up. The Romero VAR check before his red was worse, and that wasn’t given upon review.

If what we’re really striving for is consistency of refereeing there’s nothing wrong with Cash getting a yellow because that’s how the law is applied 99/100. If you look at, say, Son’s penalty against Brentford or Nketiah‘s challenge on Vicario, they’re cause for a lot more concern on refereeing standards and consistency.

If we won the game and Benta played on unhurt we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
Hes well out of control and you dont need to be studs up. Helen keller could see the intent was there. If romero gets done because he has previous why doesnt cash the floppy haired prick. Wheres neville crying and calling for reds like he was with romero. Bias all round. 0 protection for our players since the dippers game

Back
Top Bottom