Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one asked for your dummkopf input, dickhead.

Fuck off.

You’re honestly so hilarious. I guarantee you don’t act this way in real life. Such an angry angry internet man.

Also erm … nobody asks for anyone’s input mate. It’s sort of the point of a public forum.

I didn’t ask for your Matty Cash getting his leg broken in several places sexual fantasies but I got them anyway.

I'm sorry but no. We are not looking for referees to consistently get their calls wrong, we want them consistently right by the laws of the game. I don't care if 99% of "Cash type tackles" only get a Yellow, all that means is that 99% are wrong.

It was, in your own words, "petulant and nasty." He's gone after the player which is violent conduct. The end result is irrelevant, it's the action that is punishable by the law.

That is the consistency that needs to be looked at, you can't just cherry pick certain fouls because they looked worse than others.

I'll apologise now if my post is coming over as particularly belligerent as I'm not feeling that way, but I'm struggling to see how this can be interpreted any other way.

The laws were changed for the sole reason of stopping this type of challenge, to protect players from being kicked out of games and, potentially, having careers jeopardised/ended by hatchet men, yet the rhetoric now seems to be that we don't want Red cards spoiling the "entertainment." I've lost count of the talking heads saying that we don't want to see multiple sendings off because it destroys the spectacle. What they fail to realise is that this would only be short term. Once the hatchet men realise they'll get a Red every time, they'll have to stop, then the spectacle is improved because you don't have your talented players ending up like Bentancur.
That’s not my point. No laws (football or otherwise) are a literal definition of what’s written on paper. There’s significant guidance about how to interpret those laws to try to achieve greater consistency, which is the case with football.

I’m not arguing about whether that interpretation is correct or not, my point is that with the way refs are interpreting the laws right now, that’s not a red card.

What's it with virgin stalkers, on here???

Dude, go and to get laid.

And stop creeping around an internet forum for attention.

You’re waaaaaayyy too concerned about my sex life and I feel like it’s all projection & you should talk to your therapist about it alongside your very clear E-anger issues where you pretend you could hurt a fly.

Getting this riled up about a jokey comment about chilling out isn’t normal. Go and get some help.

You’re waaaaaayyy too concerned about my sex life and I feel like it’s all projection & you should talk to your therapist about it alongside your very clear E-anger issues where you pretend you could hurt a fly.

Getting this riled up about a jokey comment about chilling out isn’t normal. Go and get some help.
Aight, blocked.

What a fucking idiot.

FML

Anyone is getting wound up by other football fans on the internet need to seriously consider getting a therapist.

They are either kids, trolls, losers or all 3.

FWIW here’s the link to the match thread at the time of the tackle.

Whilst there are lots of posts about Cash being a cunt and it being a bad tackle, not one poster in the immediate aftermath says it’s a red (one says Romero got sent off for less though).

This is how you know subsequent events have influenced perception of the tackle.

Anyway, back to work for me.
Yeah, I didn't see it in real time and when I looked up videos of it, it didn't seem like a red. Just a cynical foul by an old-fashioned defender.

But, he should still be dragged out of his house and beaten in the street in front of his children.

For Rodder's, sake. He was only back for 1 match! 1 fucking match!

I'll bring the petrol.

It is a bit concerning that a player that grew up an Woolwich supporter has now badly injured 2 spurs players in the last 3 seasons with terrible tackles.

These players are human and it’s reasonable that he could be trying to injure spurs players.

Yeah, I didn't see it in real time and when I looked up videos of it, it didn't seem like a red. Just a cynical foul by an old-fashioned defender.

But, he should still be dragged out of his house and beaten in the street in front of his children.

I'll bring the petrol.

Match?

Petrol?

Street?

I see what you did there

I'll bring the petrol.
No disagreement there buddy!

Have i missed something or are we having a competition about who can be most upset and devastated by a player being injured?

It was a bad tackle, Bentancur got injured. Yeh it’s terrible I know but fuck me, shit happens. Some of the posting on here is ridiculously melodramatic. Reading this thread it feels like some people are in some sort of grief contest.

Have we turned into RAWK?

That’s not my point. No laws (football or otherwise) are a literal definition of what’s written on paper. There’s significant guidance about how to interpret those laws to try to achieve greater consistency, which is the case with football.

I’m not arguing about whether that interpretation is correct or not, my point is that with the way refs are interpreting the laws right now, that’s not a red card.
The guidance is written into the law! It's been posted in here at least twice already.

Your last paragraph is incorrect as well, as some referees ARE interpreting it that way. If they weren't then Romero wouldn't have missed 3 games.

The plain and simple fact is that the law is being "interpreted" rather than followed. The wording is clear and leaves no room for interpretation. We're not talking about intent here, we're talking about clear rules which were broken when he lunged in, high and out of control. You can "interpret" that it was petulant and premeditated, but that's irrelevant when the law clearly states that if “Any player who lunges at an opponent for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or two legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.”

Cash's tackle ticks every single one of those boxes for serious foul play, only a fool would say otherwise. The law is unequivocal in what the punishment should be, and that is a sending off.

You keep harping back to interpretation, this law doesn't allow for that. It's simply not being enforced correctly or, more to the point, it is being enforced selectively.

Back
Top Bottom