Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Counting fouls in this manner is always gonna be problematic since the refs have hardly been calling any in our favor lately.
E.g. the elbow on Gil and the tackle on Kulu were both not given as fouls.

This is devastating. The fury I feel when I think about Cash and what he did is... unhealthy. The fact that it's the second time now (Doherty)... I can't fucking take this shit. Benta was such a joy to watch. I don't think I can watch another Villa game. My blood pressure... And that fucking ref.
I've noticed that the deflection from opposition fans is "you can't talk, you guys have Romero".

I mean, first of all I struggle to remember the last time Romero actually injured someone rather than simply leaving them a bit sore. Second of all, we as a fanbase are annoyed at any unnecessary bite that gets him suspended, such as against Chelsea, and are quick to call it stupid.

Why Aston Villa's fanbase, after getting a fortunate win, decide to twist the knife in by glorifying Matty Cash is very odd to me.

I've noticed that the deflection from opposition fans is "you can't talk, you guys have Romero".

I mean, first of all I struggle to remember the last time Romero actually injured someone rather than simply leaving them a bit sore. Second of all, we as a fanbase are annoyed at any unnecessary bite that gets him suspended, such as against Chelsea, and are quick to call it stupid.

Why Aston Villa's fanbase, after getting a fortunate win, decide to twist the knife in by glorifying Matty Cash is very odd to me.
Cause they’re f’in cvnts. Wishing serious injury on Matty Cash and those Villa fans that are cvnts - injuries equivalent to the ones suffered by Benta and Doherty.

Last edited:
E.g. the elbow on Gil and the tackle on Kulu were both not given as fouls.
exactly- it’s a count of their subjective interpretation and action- not something scientifically observable like how far someone ran or what temperature it was.

it’s impossible to analyze unless you have a count of what should have been called to compare against, and that unfortunately would be criticized to no end by whoever would hear that argument.

someone in the club needs to say something though- while we still have a enough players to put together a healthy starting 11.

prem refs are not protecting our players- probably due to subconscious bias. hopefully subconscious bias I say as the alternative is far worse to think about…

Eh if one of ours went in for a hard tackle, got away with it and we won a massive away game in large part because of that tackle, then our fans would be loving him as well.

Fans are tribal. Spurs fans aren’t any different.

Cause they’re f’in cvnts. Wishing serious injury on Matty Cash and the Villa fanbase - equivalent to the ones suffered by Benta and Doherty.
I wouldn't be heartbroken to see this re-enacted.

1412613136506_wps_18_Manchester_United_V_Manch.jpg

Premier League culture. Comes from the "Banter" that they think is humour now.

Eh if one of ours went in for a hard tackle, got away with it and we won a massive away game in large part because of that tackle, then our fans would be loving him as well.

They're crowing about the injury itself.

Were we lauding Son or Aurier for Sanchez's injury up at Everton?

No.

Fan etiquette generally dictates that you don't do that.

Last edited:

Not as many would be celebrating the injury. Especiialy against Villa. they are irrelevant to spurs fans. I was happy to see them good again tbh but they have a weird obsession with Spurs.

I disagree. Outside of Chelsea or Woolwich I don't think we'd be defending/glorifying one of ours doing an opposition's ankle ligaments.

Especially on a player that is making his first club start post ACL injury.

And I say this as someone who didn't think it was a red card.

Premier League culture. Comes from the "Banter" that they think is humour now.
Twitter is pure cancer in that regard. Plenty of weird 'rival' fans primed to reply instantly to the SpursOfficial account (or even fan pages). Implies they follow them and potentially have them set to notifications.

Bizarre. I want nothing to do with 'Woolwich Twitter', regardless of whether they're suffering or not. Frankly, I prefer to forget they exist whenever possible.

exactly- it’s a count of their subjective interpretation and action- not something scientifically observable like how far someone ran or what temperature it was.

it’s impossible to analyze unless you have a count of what should have been called to compare against, and that unfortunately would be criticized to no end by whoever would hear that argument.

someone in the club needs to say something though- while we still have a enough players to put together a healthy starting 11.

prem refs are not protecting our players- probably due to subconscious bias. hopefully subconscious bias I say as the alternative is far worse to think about…

Club won't say or do shit.

They don't care about Spurs fans. The bad shit is even more addictive than winning. We don't do winning so Spurs fans getting fucked over by officials keeps the turnstiles turning.

Twitter is pure cancer in that regard. Plenty of weird 'rival' fans primed to reply instantly to the SpursOfficial account (or even fan pages). Implies they follow them and potentially have them set to notifications.

Bizarre. I want nothing to do with 'Woolwich Twitter', regardless of whether they're suffering or not. Frankly, I prefer to forget they exist whenever possible.

I like twitter, some very funny cunts and good independent news on on there. I'm very fucking liberal with the block feature though.

We would take the win but unless it was one of our rivals we'd not gloat about it. Villa fans have gloated both times Cash did this.

Not as many would be celebrating the injury. Especiialy against Villa. they are irrelevant to spurs fans. I was happy to see them good again tbh but they have a weird obsession with Spurs.
It's the whole bitter old money hatred of new money thing.

Back
Top Bottom