Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No disagreement there. The outrage wasn’t as great though.

The injury and result have absolutely heightened the view of the tackle.

Maybe it should? But looking objectively at the tackle it wasn’t a red

For me both were reds!

Refs just not up to the job and imv VAR has made them lazy

you realise taking a player out doesn't automatically mean a red card right?

of course he took Bentancur out with no intention of playing the ball, anyone can see that.and I don't think anybody is arguing otherwise.

Look, what is the point in the argument you are making?

None of us disagree that Cash was frustrated and had intent.

At some point officials need to take responsibility for controlling the game and protecting the players. sticking to the strictest definitions is what Cash didn't walk and it's why he got away with it on Doherty as well. If they had done their job and sent Doherty off, Cash probably thinks twice this time but they didn't and now Bentancur is out for 3 months on his first start after 8 months out.

I also think Cash knew he was coming back from an injury and went to reduce him. Referees need to understand that context and officiate responsibly.

You apologizing for them and arguing the letter of the law achieves what? Nothing is going to happen to Cash retrospectively.

No disagreement there. The outrage wasn’t as great though.

The injury and result have absolutely heightened the view of the tackle.

Maybe it should? But looking objectively at the tackle it wasn’t a red

You should stick arguing your reasoning over this part cos this other notion your wielding is an un-quantifiable, extremely subjective observation at best

Here's a challenge for you; seeing as you brought up Nketiah... With specific reference to the rule-book, please explain why that was red-worthy, but Cash wasn't.

Look, what is the point in the argument you are making?

None of us disagree that Cash was frustrated and had intent.

At some point officials need to take responsibility for controlling the game and protecting the players. sticking to the strictest definitions is what Cash didn't walk and it's why he got away with it on Doherty as well. If they had done their job and sent Doherty off, Cash probably thinks twice this time but they didn't and now Bentancur is out for 3 months on his first start after 8 months out.

I also think Cash knew he was coming back from an injury and went to reduce him. Referees need to understand that context and officiate responsibly.

You apologizing for them and arguing the letter of the law achieves what? Nothing is going to happen to Cash retrospectively.
do you have bipolar or something?

you literally told me to fuck off for disagreeing with you....then proceeded to tell me to fuck off again...then quoted my post trying to have a genuine discussion?

you're either under the influence, have tourettes or it was your 'dark passenger' (dexter reference) randomly telling me to fuck off.

Either way do one.

Poor Rodrigo , just gets back from the previous horrendous injury and now this .

God knows how he must be feeling at the moment .

We can only hope he recovers well physically and emotionally .

He deserves all the clubs officials and supporters full support .

We will miss him big time (again)

And just to round off , let’s hope someone gives that horrible little shit Cash his come uppance

you literally told me to fuck off for disagreeing with you....then proceeded to tell me to fuck off again...then quoted my post trying to have a genuine discussion?

you're either under the influence, have tourettes or it was your 'dark passenger' (dexter reference) randomly telling me to fuck off.

Either way do one.

Fair enough.

And you are right, I don't really want a rational convcersation about this, I want to rage share with every single Spurs fan and I'm hoping we are all out for blood for the rest of the season.

"apologising for them" lol

Literally this past week I've posted that we should have had a blatant pen against Villa AND since the pool game we have been completely screwed over with referees refusing to book opposition players for cynical foul after cynical foul (paulinha vs Fulham being the worst offender with 4 yellow card offences and no yellow and Dawson vs Wolves deciding to grab Son's face and throw him).

That being said I don't think this was a red card, I think Romero was rightly sent off against Chelski (could have been sent off earlier) AND I think Udogies first foul in that Chavski game was actually worse than Cash's foul.

You should stick arguing your reasoning over this part cos this other notion your wielding is an un-quantifiable, extremely subjective observation at best

Here's a challenge for you; seeing as you brought up Nketiah... With specific reference to the rule-book, please explain why that was red-worthy, but Cash wasn't.
Fuck off with your italics and your “here’s a challenge to you”. Genuinely the way you speak to people; you come across like such a prick. Chill out and have a conversation without reverting to condescention within your language. Your football knowledge is extremely limited, have some humility Airfixx.

I’ll answer this time but won’t engage again because you can’t have a civilised debate without your language becoming condescending.

So the rules written are only part of what you need to worry about. There’s convention and unwritten notions about how those rules are applied. I think we all accept that right?

The 3 differences between the 2 tackles…

1) Force. Nketiah is running at full speed.
2) His studs are showing. An absolute no no in modern football
3) He’s not in control of his body. He leaves the ground completely.

There are very few similarities between the 2 challenges. FWIW, Dermot Gallagher (who you ironically said sticks up for his pals in relation to the Cash tackle a couple of pages back) literally said Nketiah was lucky and it could have been a red.

Either way do one.

Not cool bringing up mental health issues to make points!

Maybe try a Courvassier yourself?

I'm polish and fucking despise Cash for what he did to Bentancur. Fucking cunt. Players KNOW other player was out injured for so long and minimum of sportsmanship should apply. Literally minutes before that tackle I said to someone 'look we have a few injuries but watch the Bentancur guy, him being back is massive for us, he compensates for at least two other first 11 players not being fit'. Gutted.

If Matty Cash walks off intact after our next match with Villa I'll lose some respect for this squad.

This is a blood feud, and we must have Cash's bloody broken body on display for everyone to see.

Fuck off with your italics

Triggered by italics, FFS?????? Sort yourself out.

and your “here’s a challenge to you”.
Genuinely the way you speak to people; you come across like such a prick. Chill out and have a conversation without reverting to condescention within your language. Your football knowledge is extremely limited, have some humility Airfixx.

I'm perfectly calm thx. There was nothing offensive about what I just wrote either.

"Here's a challenge for you" is rude? Abusive? Condescension?

Bollocks it is; put your big-boy pants on FFS......

The fact is you've been doubling down (and flat out ignoring counter evidence!) on some crap about how no neutrals have an issue with the decision (which is untrue) and have been quite condescending yourself; patronisingly accusing me of being purely emotional on the subject numerous times.

......Did I get shitty with you over that? No... I just got on with debating you.

I’ll answer this time but won’t engage again because you can’t have a civilised debate without your language becoming condescending.
So the rules written are only part of what you need to worry about. There’s convention and unwritten notions about how those rules are applied. I think we all accept that right?

Do I acknowledge it? Sure..... Do I condone the rampant inconsistency? Absolutely not.

The 3 differences between the 2 tackles…

1) Force. Nketiah is running at full speed.
2) His studs are showing. An absolute no no in modern football
3) He’s not in control of his body. He leaves the ground completely.

There are very few similarities between the 2 challenges. FWIW,

- Both came figuratively 'flying in'
- Both were too late to be merely considered 'late'.... The ball was no longer there to be won.
- Both employed a scissor action? Also a "no-no"
- The 'height' of the challenge is also something typically frowned upon.... (Signifies lack of control)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom