Return of the Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you welcome poch back

• yes

Votes: 189 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 73 27.9%

• Total voters
He must be mad
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Levy does seem to have an odd hold over people. Everyone within the club always seems to like him.

Martin Jol was sacked at half time but is now friendly with him. Poch fell out with him but friendly again. I don't think i've ever heard any former employee slag him off publicly.

I was listening to John Gorman on Spurs Show podcast. He was ENIC's first assistant manager under Glenn Hoddle. Spoke well of Levy.
Harry Redknapp also likes Levy, he blamed Joe Lewis for his sacking.

agree CL is important because of the money and the players who will join you,
trouble is too many of the players in our second 11 "are or either devolpe the idea that they are so good they shouldn't be in the second 11"

Think a probelm with Levy is he is a control freak and has to put his nose in everywhere, also he see's how much hard earned money has been wasted on poor player he needs to make sure we don't waste more money (but we still do)
Well that was all on Levy wasn´t it??

It has gotten better under Paratici

I'd say Poch cared about cups, he usually went strong in them, certainly in the latter stages. His record was certainly good in getting close to the finish line on several occasions. But of course he had Levy forever breathing down his neck about the top 4 being the very meaning of existence.

You know I've seen no real evidence of being in the CL resulting in better players joining us. In fact our recruitment hasn't changed at all since getting top 4, still the same old random punts on players you have to google for the most part. Instead the 40 mill just seems to go straight into enic coffers, or is randomly splurged around on youngsters Levy thinks might turn into the next Bale. I can't imagine any superstar wanting to join a club that never takes winning trophies seriously, especially now that the great Poch built team is becoming a distant memory. The attraction of the stadium and training facilities are exaggerated too, in real life a top player would far rather join a club with recent history of success who takes winning seriously. Seeing both Mourinho and Conte fail to win trophies will be the final nail in our coffin.
1. If we aim to be in the top-4 every season, we will eventually win a trophy or two, maybe even league!

2. They will if we pay for them

I don't know what the answer is. But if you were to ask me who I think might work out then I would get De Zerbi because I've been impressed with the way his team plays whenever I've watched Brighton and the football analysts on twitter have been absolutely creaming themselves over him over the way he sets his teams up tactically. So he passes my eye test and the analysts tactics test.

I've been impressed with what Marco Silva has done at Fulham as well with the type of football they've been playing.

I have no idea if they'll work out, it depends on the boards strategy (lol). But I think managers like the two I've just mentioned are more in line with that. We need managers that will punch above their weight and can actually have us playing football. I'm getting kind of tired of seeing us sit in our own half for 90 minutes and hoping that Kane bails us out.
1. It would be a HUGE gamble to go for a coach that has 1 good season in the Prem! Wich fits with both De Zerbi and Silva.

2. That´s Poch you are describing there. Who had 3 really good seasons with us. He were also hired by PSG, i don´t see any high profile clubs gone for De Zerbi or Silva.....yet!

Last edited:
Totally torn. Heart says yes, head reminds me of how bad we were at the end of his tenure.
Absolutely love him as a Spurs manager of the past. But perhaps that’s how it should stay?
Team needs a huge rebuild. Not Poch trying to get a tune out of deadwood including wasters signed under his last slot in the driving seat.
Overall, it’s a yes I think. But it’s a very uncertain yes.

I don't see the point in Peresic apart from a small number of good crosses. I'm sure Poch will want rid of him.
Probably! But i think he would use Perisic as a left winger as long as he were here. His actual position.

If we go through our wing backs and wingers, Perisic is maybe beside Dejan the only one that actually CAN put a cross in.

Probably! But i think he would use Perisic as a left winger as long as he were here. His actual position.

If we go through our wing backs and wingers, Perisic is maybe beside Dejan the only one that actually CAN put a cross in.
Not sure about Danjuma, maybe he can cross well. Fuck knows?

Back
Top Bottom