Return of the Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you welcome poch back

• yes

Votes: 189 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 73 27.9%

• Total voters
If he couldn't win a single thing with one of the best teams in the country at a time when there was far less competition and some of the biggest clubs were in transition, why in the name of fuck would anyone want him back with the squad we have after everything.

Majority have forgotten how bad the football was the last season in particular because of one of, if not the flukiest Cup runs in modern history.

If you've voted yes, you're an idiot tbh. Lol@Paddy hiding votes btw.
hear that again and again - but I take my pills...

Going Crazy GIF

this makes life much easier

Jimmy Carter Animation GIF by Chris Timmons

If he couldn't win a single thing with one of the best teams in the country at a time when there was far less competition and some of the biggest clubs were in transition, why in the name of fuck would anyone want him back with the squad we have after everything.

Majority have forgotten how bad the football was the last season in particular because of one of, if not the flukiest Cup run in modern history.

Jose and Conte couldn’t win anything with this team either, doesn’t make them bad managers

This is more than one question.

Would I welcome him back? Of course, he’s been very respectful to the club and brought our best moments in the last decade.

Do I want him back? I would be ok with having him back. It’s probably a better than average choice.

Do I think he’s the best choice out there? Probably not.

He'll fail

But any manager in world football would fail at this club , so why not bring in someone who's at least likeable and has good intentions when it comes to playing style

Jose and Conte couldn’t win anything with this team either, doesn’t make them bad managers

I can’t think of any manager in World Football that could win anything with this shower with these owners

Apart from

:sherwoodwtf:

Of course!

They're both FAR more successful managers than Pochettino.

Look at some of the utter dross that we signed under his watch for massive money when he was backed and look at them now.

Disastrous idea that would play right into ENIC'S hands IMO.

Not his job to sign players in a proper run club. Your supposed to have a DoF and scouts working on the targets and maintaining the squad not Poch and Levy over a coffee. Obviously the manager and Chairman will have influence but if we are a competently run club this won’t be an issue.

My favourite manager of recent times and a great human being to boot. Although he deserved better support from Levy his pre CL final interviews were a total nightmare and I think wearing his heart on his sleeve lost him the dressing room.

Kane starting the CL final an example of that - he’d probably make the same mistake again given the opportunity

He has to hold some responsibility for signing Tanguy too.

I don’t want him back at the club. Said it before unless there was a totally new playing staff here I think it would be an awful idea.
And even then if it was a totally new playing staff I think trying to replicate what we once had is destined to fail. Some things are best left in the past.

I can see it happening though. He absolutely loves the club and would take the job in a heartbeat.
So I hope I’m proved very wrong if he does come back.

Not his job to sign players in a proper run club. Your supposed to have a DoF and scouts working on the targets and maintaining the squad not Poch and Levy over a coffee. Obviously the manager and Chairman will have influence but if we are a competently run club this won’t be an issue.

Wasn’t it the case that Poch didn’t want a DOF?

Back
Top Bottom